[POLL] Who gets named Captain next season?

Who gets named Captain next season?

• Total voters

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Not so much the scoring as much as the lack of effort some nights. The usual disappearing acts he goes through a couple times a year. Maybe brass wants to see if he'll take a step this year leadership wise and see how the guys respond.

I feel our next captain has to show up in the room night in and night out, be heard on the bench and set the tone for each games highs and lows. Production matters to an extent, preparation, being a consummate pro and a teacher of the game would help. I do not think Zib or Trouba are C material. Perfect as A's.

Kreider checks a lot of boxes, way more than anyone else on the current roster. He's got the experience and work ethic. Brass likely would've named him captain to start the season if they truly felt he was the guy. Why do you feel he isn't the captain?
I know some will agree with me and some won't...that is fine...but hockey is emotional and you sometimes have to lead the way ...provide the big hit and sometimes not always clean ....that is Lindgren . Wearing the A is enough for Kreider ...adding anymore to the expectations from him.....and it could go either way with his on ice performance while it would not fizz Lindgren with the C .

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Not so much the scoring as much as the lack of effort some nights. The usual disappearing acts he goes through a couple times a year. Maybe brass wants to see if he'll take a step this year leadership wise and see how the guys respond.

I feel our next captain has to show up in the room night in and night out, be heard on the bench and set the tone for each games highs and lows. Production matters to an extent, preparation, being a consummate pro and a teacher of the game would help. I do not think Zib or Trouba are C material. Perfect as A's.

Kreider checks a lot of boxes, way more than anyone else on the current roster. He's got the experience and work ethic. Brass likely would've named him captain to start the season if they truly felt he was the guy. Why do you feel he isn't the captain?
I do not think that there is a lack of effort as his scoring is just inconsistent.

I am not sure who the next captain is. Nor is it a huge worry as I believe that the leadership voices have already emerged. I am also of the belief that the Rangers are going to continue to wait to name one.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Why don't we just give it to Lindgren?

I mean, everyone would be happy about that and we wouldn't have to read about it anymore.

The grit people like him. The chart people like him. He's consistent and understated so we won't have to read a novel about the captaincy destroying his play. He's the hardest working guy on the team so we won't have to read an encyclopedia about how the team has no leaders.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
Howden that will raise his value enough so we can trade him. Then ADA so some GM will bite and give us something. This organization is a joke, can't hire normal GM, can't hire good coaches, can't develop players. Can't find a captain.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
#20 Is the closest thing we have to a Captain.

Im one of his biggest supporters. I would freely admit that he might not be the strongest Captain. No knock on him. Tremendous player.

To add...I didn't think McDonagh was the best C either.

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
#20 Is the closest thing we have to a Captain.

Im one of his biggest supporters. I would freely admit that he might not be the strongest Captain. No knock on him. Tremendous player.

To add...I didn't think McDonagh was the best C either.

god help us. #20 takes off half the season. He is an awful captain.

Reactions: leetch99

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada

I mean, everyone would be happy about that and we wouldn't have to read about it anymore.

The grit people like him. The chart people like him. He's consistent and understated so we won't have to read a novel about the captaincy destroying his play. He's the hardest working guy on the team so we won't have to read an encyclopedia about how the team has no leaders.
I am of the thinking they lost the C and the equipment staff can't find another one . On account of Covid19 there has been a real shortage of C 's and toilets and now drywall I heard ! :D

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013

Because then we would eventually have to trade him to Tampa..its the Curse of Ryan

Reactions: dangsLITE

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
god help us. #20 takes off half the season. He is an awful captain.

Very short sighted opinion of Kreider. By the numbers he doesn't take off for half a season. He's about as Steady as your going to get season after season overall. Its the way he appears at times as an elite level player that doesn't always happen.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
It's Lindgren's team now....the opposition already are aware of that which is why they all try to get a piece of him at every stoppage in play . Kreider can lead them off ice...Lindgren on ice He is a natural and the guys , all of them , love him !

Last edited:

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
Very short sighted opinion of Kreider. By the numbers he doesn't take off for half a season. He's about as Steady as your going to get season after season overall. Its the way he appears at times as an elite level player that doesn't always happen.

no he either elite, or barely tries.. like he is doing now. He barely skated yesterday and dogged basically every shift

Reactions: leetch99

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
I know some will agree with me and some won't...that is fine...but hockey is emotional and you sometimes have to lead the way ...provide the big hit and sometimes not always clean ....that is Lindgren . Wearing the A is enough for Kreider ...adding anymore to the expectations from him.....and it could go either way with his on ice performance while it would not fizz Lindgren with the C .

I don’t see it being Lindgren at this point in time. He’s still rather young. I feel like you typically only see captains in their early 20’s if your talking about stars. A Crosby or McDavid. Landeskog might be the one exception but he’s a very unique individual and is still a top 6 forward. Lindgren is a guy whose probably a #4 and he’d go from no letter to suddenly being given the leadership role over some much more experienced veterans. I’m not sure how that would fly in the room.

I think Fox and Lafreniere are guys you probably target as your “next” leadership group. I could see a guy like Kreider being instrumental in helping them develop into guys like that.

I also think if Kreider was the guy then he’d have the C already. Kreider actually strikes me as a guy who might struggle with it. Also, it was only a year ago that the Rangers were strongly considering moving on from CK.

Last edited:
Reactions: NYSPORTS

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
I don't mind Lindgren as captain and he had some captain experience in the past.

I think only Howden and Rooney have a more extensive experience as captains.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I don’t see it being Lindgren at this point in time. He’s still rather young. I feel like you typically only see captains in their early 20’s if your talking about stars. A Crosby or McDavid. Landeskog might be the one exception but he’s a very unique individual and is still a top 6 forward. Lindgren is a guy whose probably a #4 and he’d go from no letter to suddenly being given the leadership role over some much more experienced veterans. I’m not sure how that would fly in the room.
I am not so sure that the Rangers are in any hurry to name a captain.

Reactions: Barnaby

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
I think if it was Kreider or Zib they would have named them the C by now. Kreider is a brutal choice, you can tell the guy is awkward as ever and would probably force the hell out of a leadership role, its not natural to him what so ever.

If we had to name a captain tomorrow Id probably give it to Fox

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
starting to fall into the Captain Fox team
https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Ferikkain%2Ffiles%2F2016%2F04%2Fstarfox-1200x630.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad