[POLL] Who gets named Captain next season?

Who gets named Captain next season?

• Total voters

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
the C has been like a 2 ton piano on the back of everyone to wear it since messier....kreider has the leg strength to squat that piano. meanwhile let zibanejad and panarin destroy the opposing defenses and goalies without the added pressure.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
I have no idea if Zibanejad will be here in two years so I can’t see it being anyone but Kreider

ZiGOODejad

intangibles
Nov 30, 2013
It should go to Kreider so Zbad can just play his game. Sometimes being named Captain can effect ones play to where they begin to play out of their element. Zibanejad has been playing too well to have any added mental stress. Kreider is more or less a meat and potatoes guy and I think captain would be better suited for him.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
the C has been like a 2 ton piano on the back of everyone to wear it since messier....kreider has the leg strength to squat that piano. meanwhile let zibanejad and panarin destroy the opposing defenses and goalies without the added pressure.
This is how I feel. I don’t want to mess with Zibs or Panarin’s success. Let Kreider shoulder that load so that he’s still adding value during cold streaks.

HFBS

Noted Troublemaker
Jan 18, 2015
I think it should stay as it is. Kreider now has enough pressure on him with a big new contract. He doesn't need any more.

Reactions: egelband

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Panarin has issues speaking English and a captain needs to be able to talk to the press. That rules him out and I think he's fine with that anyway. I think it's Zibanejad. He's articulate and arguably as good a player as Panarin when you consider he's more of an all situations player. Kreider would be my second choice though.

charliemurphy

Feb 16, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
I have a hard time thinking it won't go to Kreider after today.
The optimist in me wants to think that giving Kreider the C would make him more accountable and hopefully that translates into him being more consistent and playing with an edge, which he needs to be playing at to be most productive. On the other hand, I'm really hoping there's a modified NTC after years 3 or 4, lol. Still waiting for details so please post if you can. Can't help but think that JD as well as Quinn had some input into trying to keep Kreider. I trust JD especially with his experience as well as Gorton and Quinn. Perhaps with the progress and assessment of their younger players and prospects they've had the last couple of seasons the have a sense and have identified that the next core of players are currently on the roster and others will be knocking on the door. Perhaps they see Kreider as a leader and mentor for those players.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Kreider is a great role model for the young guys. Someone who worked hard and played his way into staying with the team. Gorton and JD are building this team the right way. Keeping Kreider and making him captain will go a long way towards helping the kids. Also, taking a pretty decent discount to stay says a lot about him. He could have easily demanded Hayes money, and no one would have blamed him.

Last edited:

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Wow, now that Kreider re-signed, I have no idea who should get it, but should be either Mika or Kreider. Honestly whoever gets it, will not be disappointed as long as it’s one of them.

May Rih

Jul 27, 2015
It's obviously one of Kreider or Mika, and compelling arguments for either one. Gut feeling + preference for me is Kreider.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
:clap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad