Prospect Info: Poll: Stützle Vs Byfield

Who the Sens should draft

• Total voters

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
There is next to no chance this happens. That draft is incredibly deep, in a redraft when this is all said and done he probalby gets picked again where the sens picked.
I think they really screwed up that draft after the first two picks. Dont really like any of them from there on out.

Agreed that this draft is incredibly deep. Also agreed that Greig won't crack the top-5 or even the top-10 but I think there's a very good chance he ends up quite higher than his 28th OA spot.

Considering that the Sens drafted Stutzle (should be the undisputed #1) and Sanderson (might be top-3) earlier, if Greig ends up 18th for example, that is quite the haul for a single team. Plus Jarventie, Kleven, Sokolov and Merilainen could end up in something. I had hopes for Daoust too, seems like the talent is there but might not be strong enough for the NHL. He already lost so much development time with covid and injuries. He's done for the season so he has played a total of 83 games in the last 3 seasons, that's crazy low

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
It happens all the time & in every draft, some guys just never live up to their potential.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
I know it's very early in the development curves of most of these guys, but I wonder if Stutzle and Sanderson become looked at as the 1 and 2 of the draft.

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
This is the year that Byfield should have taken a huge step forward. He's 20 now, an age when most top offensive producers in the NHL start to assert themselves. Instead of being in LA's top six, though, he's in the AHL. People are looking hard for "flashes" from him, some signs that he might become that dominant player, but they just aren't appearing. To me he has bust written all over him, and I am so grateful that LA took him. Had we been second overall, we may well have done the same...

6 foot 5 and can skate like that. Point per game in the AHL at 20 years old but he has bust written all over him according to some on this board.

Reactions: aragorn

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Already? Lundell, Raymond, Drysdale etc are still in the mix, no?
Yes and I'd add Quinn to that mix too he's ripping it up. It's long from all said and done its a deep draft.

Ppg in the AHL isn't impressive anymore bud.
There is so much more to it when evaluating Byfield. He just turned 20 he is still growing into his body.

Reactions: aragorn

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008

6 foot 5 and can skate like that. Point per game in the AHL at 20 years old but he has bust written all over him according to some on this board.

I know its the AHL in California, but this is probably the weakest goal call in history.

SPF6ty9

Feb 22, 2016
Caca Poopoo Peepee Shire
I know its the AHL in California, but this is probably the weakest goal call in history.
"That's...in?"

giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad