Prospect Info: Poll: Stützle Vs Byfield

Who the Sens should draft

• Total voters

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
I don’t know, but Stutzle is close to NHL ready and I don’t have much faith that we’d be patient with Byfield’s development. I guess Stutzle it is.

Reactions: insomniac

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Its really too close for anyone to say they know who to take here. Kinda glad the sens pick 3rd as to not have to make the decision. Voted Byfield as i think he has more upside and kinda fits in with the team the sens are building. However im extatic they are getting one of them regardless.

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
The great thing about this poll, as someone who is finding everything about this draft so hard to decide, is that there is absolutely no need for me to answer it. We should take whoever is available, i want both. It feels like Stutzle may be the more skilled and quicker to to make the team. But Byfield would be the role and identity i'd rather have. Its going to be so easy for me to say that the guy we draft is the one i wanted all along though. So again im taking the wishy-washy way out and not answering this poll

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa
Why we need another Logan Brown in Byfield? Stutzel should be better then Lafreniere. Why would not have a player better then Lafreniere?
With Dorion, whose draft record is absolutely dismal, he will take Byfield after LA will take Stutzel.
Stutzel is the best skater of the draft, the best hockey IQ, the best hands, the best play maker...........none of this Byfield has. Only size.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
Why we need another Logan Brown in Byfield? Stutzel should be better then Lafreniere. Why would not have a player better then Lafreniere?
With Dorion, whose draft record is absolutely dismal, he will take Byfield after LA will take Stutzel.
Stutzel is the best skater of the draft, the best hockey IQ, the best hands, the best play maker...........none of this Byfield has. Only size.

giphy.gif

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
I thought Byfield was a very good skater? Is he injury prone?

Reactions: SensFactor

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
I like Byfield better, 6'4 gives him a ton of advantages even if he wont use all of them. One of the downsides for being so big is you are usually slower but his skating is also another asset. Factor in his age being nearly a year younger than AL, and about 7 months younger than Tim Stutzle there is a lot of development ahead in the next year for him especially with a NHL team directing it after he is drafted. World Juniors was a let down for sure, but it was also a very small size and shouldn't be the only thing you are looking at when deciding the future of this team. If you put a gun to my head and asked me what I see Byfield being in the NHL, I will say its Evgeni Malkin, but with a better defensive game.

Tim Stutzle is also going to be an amazing player will be the most skilled player in our system and is more NHL ready to just step in as he is used to playing against men, and I wouldn't be mad at all if he becomes an Ottawa senator.

I am so happy one of these guys will be an Ottawa Senator, now don't f*** this up Dorion and pick someone else when one of them is available at 3.

Last edited:

SensFan26

Oct 27, 2009
Sturgeon County, AB
Really pleased that either of them will be an Ottawa Senator. I like Stutzle, but I love Byfield and I think it’s a bit absurd the idea is out there that the Kings could pass on him. Could be smoke and mirrors to get some drama going heading into the draft.

Here’s to hoping it’s Byfield in a Sens jersey.

Reactions: Wallet Inspector

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa
I thought Byfield was a very good skater? Is he injury prone?

Byfield has an above average straight forward speed and that's about it. Byfield is very raw as Logan Brown and it will take years to develop him, starting in juniors, where he will stay and 2 years in AHL. I am not sure why to draft a guy in top five, if you need to develop him, especially his defensive game. Stutzel is NHL ready and will step right in to make Sens better instantly, to bring back the fans.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015

lmao have you even watched Byfield play Jesus Christ.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Byfield has an above average straight forward speed and that's about it. Byfield is very raw as Logan Brown and it will take years to develop him, starting in juniors, where he will stay and 2 years in AHL. I am not sure why to draft a guy in top five, if you need to develop him, especially his defensive game. Stutzel is NHL ready and will step right in to make Sens better instantly, to bring back the fans.
Not a chance Byfield ever sees AHL ice. You’re wrong on your evaluations

Reactions: Frank8 and bert

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I voted Byfield by a hair. Either player will become the best prospect in the system and be an NHL player in a year or so.

It will be very interesting and suspenseful to see who Detroit takes at #4.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I voted Byfield by a hair. Either player will become the best prospect in the system and be an NHL player in a year or so.

It will be very interesting and suspenseful to see who Detroit takes at #4.

It will but Byfield and Stutzle very likely go 2/3

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
It will but Byfield and Stutzle very likely go 2/3

It would be very interesting indeed if LAK took Drysdale at #2 forcing the Senators to choose between Byfield and Stutzle, and then Detroit taking Perfetti, Rossi, Raymond or Sanderson, leaving one of Byfield and Stutzle for the Senators. Probably not going to happen.

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
LA has already said it's between two players - not surprising who those two players are.

Detroit is probably taking Drysdale or Raymond from the sounds of it.

xVolchenkov

Jun 21, 2011
Ottawa
I like Byfield better, 6'4 gives him a ton of advantages even if he wont use all of them. One of the downsides for being so big is you are usually slower but his skating is also another asset. Factor in his age being nearly a year younger than AL, and about 7 months younger than Tim Stutzle there is a lot of development ahead in the next year for him especially with a NHL team directing it after he is drafted. World Juniors was a let down for sure, but it was also a very small size and shouldn't be the only thing you are looking at when deciding the future of this team. If you put a gun to my head and asked me what I see Byfield being in the NHL, I will say its Evgeni Malkin, but with a better defensive game.

Tim Stutzle is also going to be an amazing player will be the most skilled player in our system and is more NHL ready to just step in as he is used to playing against men, and I wouldn't be mad at all if he becomes an Ottawa senator.

I am so happy one of these guys will be an Ottawa Senator, now don't f*** this up Dorion and pick someone else when one of them is available at 3.

You had me up until here. Not sure if you're seriously underrating Malkin or if you think Byfield is going to be the best player in the NHL.

As silly as it sounds, as someone who likes Byfield and Stutzle equally, I almost prefer picking #3 over #2. If we drafted second, anytime the player we didn't pick did anything at all, fans on this board would be ripping Dorian for making the wrong choice and probably run the draftee out of town. By picking third, I think everyones going to agree on who we should take in that spot.

Reactions: JackieDaytona

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
You had me up until here. Not sure if you're seriously underrating Malkin or if you think Byfield is going to be the best player in the NHL.

As silly as it sounds, as someone who likes Byfield and Stutzle equally, I almost prefer picking #3 over #2. If we drafted second, anytime the player we didn't pick did anything at all, fans on this board would be ripping Dorian for making the wrong choice and probably run the draftee out of town. By picking third, I think everyones going to agree on who we should take in that spot.

Not underrating Malkin at all he is an elite player and even that is an understatement, Byfields play style is very similar imo, and many others.

Byfield: 'An honor' to be compared to Malkin ahead of draft
Quinton Byfield – The next Evgeni Malkin – Some experts even compare him to the legendary Jean Beliveau

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
1) We don’t get to decide, which is okay, because these guys are both going to be elite centers

2) Byfield is not a Logan Brown clone just because he’s tall. Look what Byfield did in his 17 year old season - 1.82 points per game. He dominated the OHL in his draft year while being relatively young.

If I got the choice, I’d go with Byfield. But I’ll gladly take either.

Reactions: NB613 and Cosmix

JD1

Sep 12, 2005

this is a point I made last week....it's almost better being 3....if you are 2, you can eventually be proven to have made the wrong choice, but with 3 the choice is kind of made for you

Reactions: xVolchenkov

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->