Poll of the Day: Why Do We Suck?

What are the major reasons this season has gone off the rails?

• Total voters

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Development of our younger players have been awful. That's hurt us more then anything. Creating a culture that develops these kids and inspires them to play here.

The awful arena location has prevented us from developing a real fan base.

And awful luck in the lottery. Just brutal. Also contributing to that is end of season runs that reduce our chances. The fans all say "it will develop momentum into next season" which is a load of bull.

Reactions: BigJCaRoach

OriginalJetsCoyotes

Mar 7, 2016
Hanmer, Ontario
This poll cracks me up...so many Yote fans in denial. As usual. Injuries? Coaching? Really?

We lack talent, and money. Look no further than that. I guess you could throw in toughness but that often comes with real talent. Domi is thriving because he has better talent around him. Same with Strome.

If we only had 1-3 injuries, I wouldn't have voted for it as a reason.

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated
I have an idea why
IMG_20190207_224948.jpg

ZomboMeme 07022019224608.jpg

ZomboMeme 07022019224430.jpg

ZomboMeme 07022019224203.jpg

ZomboMeme 07022019223931.jpg

ZomboMeme 07022019223743.jpg
ZomboMeme 07022019222710.jpg

ZomboMeme 07022019222455.jpg

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
One thing I'm a bit worried about is that with all the injuries, RT is going to get more of a pass... or even praised. I don't think that's a good thing. Looking at the performance of the team without so many injuries, it wasn't very great. With injuries it's been up and down.

But at the end of the day, they need to evaluate his performance looking at the whole picture and not just give him a pass for the injuries. The 5v5 is still no bueno, PP is still losing games, no player is having a good statistical year, etc. Chose to hire MaClean while he was sane (I presume)... That was the same BEFORE the injuries.

Which also makes me think about his system... perhaps its one that just has a decent floor on how it works but a limited ceiling. Or at least he was getting limited ceiling out of it to this point. I just worry that if they don't do SOMETHING, then next season when there are less excuses it's just going to be more of the same and it will be another year down the drain with poor development for the youngsters.

Food for thought, the Yotes might possibly finish this year without a single 20 goal scorer. Unless someone gets hot to wrap up this season, it's very possible not one single player on this team hits that mark. Some of that can be contributed to the injuries... but not all of it.

Reactions: Ghostface Keller

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I think it took a while to ramp up to the system again. Possibly because we added a lot of new faces again. I think the team is getting an identity. We haven't had that since the 2010-12 Tippett years.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
One thing I'm a bit worried about is that with all the injuries, RT is going to get more of a pass... or even praised. I don't think that's a good thing. Looking at the performance of the team without so many injuries, it wasn't very great. With injuries it's been up and down.

But at the end of the day, they need to evaluate his performance looking at the whole picture and not just give him a pass for the injuries. The 5v5 is still no bueno, PP is still losing games, no player is having a good statistical year, etc. Chose to hire MaClean while he was sane (I presume)... That was the same BEFORE the injuries.

Which also makes me think about his system... perhaps its one that just has a decent floor on how it works but a limited ceiling. Or at least he was getting limited ceiling out of it to this point. I just worry that if they don't do SOMETHING, then next season when there are less excuses it's just going to be more of the same and it will be another year down the drain with poor development for the youngsters.

Food for thought, the Yotes might possibly finish this year without a single 20 goal scorer. Unless someone gets hot to wrap up this season, it's very possible not one single player on this team hits that mark. Some of that can be contributed to the injuries... but not all of it.
Johnny Mac needs to go, no question. But Tocc has the team playing aggressively and hard nearly every night......the issue is skill not will, currently. I think they're on the right path with Tocc. Bring Newell Brown back!

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
I think it took a while to ramp up to the system again. Possibly because we added a lot of new faces again. I think the team is getting an identity. We haven't had that since the 2010-12 Tippett years.

That's one of my issues with his tenure so far too. Both seasons have seen slow starts, and this team can't afford starts like that. If this year the Yotes had started off well, they could have possibly been able to hold on for a spot after all these injuries hit. However, they left almost no room for error with their poor start... so here we are. First season... well that one speaks for itself.

Johnny Mac needs to go, no question. But Tocc has the team playing aggressively and hard nearly every night......the issue is skill not will, currently. I think they're on the right path with Tocc. Bring Newell Brown back!

I hope RT will actually make sure Mac goes. If he is the reason he's staying on the staff... it's costing the team games. And that is something I don't hold in high regard haha.

I just hope that if the team starts out slowly again next season/shows similar issues that they take into account this year and not completely write it off because of the injuries. I guess that's more of my worry. If he can keep the team playing hard WITH all the skilled players, then we may be cookin. That remains to be seen...consistently at least.

Reactions: Ghostface Keller

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad