Poll of the Day: Why Do We Suck?

What are the major reasons this season has gone off the rails?

• Total voters

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Hard to win when half of your forwards are First or second year players.

I’m not a Tocchet fan though as coach. He’s very mediocre and not the developer of youth that I think we need.

Our drafting has been abysmal for a decade. We need to hit a home run at some point.

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
We have an upjumped assistant GM, an upjumped assistant head coach, an upjumped AHL team especially now after injuries, weak scouting and so on and etc.

We are a pretend NHL franchise. Need new owner(s) and a new arena to make a proper one.

Reactions: rt

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
This should be an option in the poll. $ helps you scout and draft better. $ hires the best coaches. $ allows for the acquisition of better players. $ gives the GM more flexibility in assembling the roster. $ forgives some mistakes. $ can't buy a Cup but it sure does help.

done

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
Years and years of poor drafting and lack of budget above the floor. One could make up for the other but both together are almost impossible to make anything from them.

Reactions: Jakey53 and MIG

BigDoaner

Jun 2, 2015
Our drafting has flat out sucked. So far it looks like Chayka has done a good job drafting so hopefully a turn around here.

Also, we’re the poorest team in the league.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Country Club atmosphere. Get rid of folks who love to live here while also playing hockey.

Reactions: Yandover

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Should we only sign players that hate to live here? :eyeroll:
Yes, that is the obvious solution. How we rid the team of guy's who's give a F meter is set to low and replace them with guys who have hockey winning first on their priority list. Number one on my list just happens to be our best trade asset. I have never gotten the infatuation with him personally.

Reactions: MIG

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Hard to win when half of your forwards are First or second year players.

I’m not a Tocchet fan though as coach. He’s very mediocre and not the developer of youth that I think we need.

Our drafting has been abysmal for a decade. We need to hit a home run at some point.
You could be right about RT, but I thought our drafting was pretty good the last three or so years. Maybe not.:dunno:

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Drafts always look good the year or two after. There’s no denying the Keller and Chychrun picks but apart from that we’ve got standard stuff.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Country Club atmosphere. Get rid of folks who love to live here while also playing hockey.
Really? That is the best you can do? It starts at the top. Started when the NHL took over and has never recovered. You can not run a NHL on the cheap for a decade and expect good results. We didn't even have money for scouts for god sake. We have a rookie broke owner, a rookie GM, a more or less rookie coach. I have always said you stick by your team thru thick and thin, but man, this is getting old. NO business can survive when you have inexperienced people running the show.

CNYCrunchfan1

Oct 10, 2017
This poll cracks me up...so many Yote fans in denial. As usual. Injuries? Coaching? Really?

We lack talent, and money. Look no further than that. I guess you could throw in toughness but that often comes with real talent. Domi is thriving because he has better talent around him. Same with Strome.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Really? That is the best you can do? It starts at the top. Started when the NHL took over and has never recovered. You can not run a NHL on the cheap for a decade and expect good results. We didn't even have money for scouts for god sake. We have a rookie broke owner, a rookie GM, a more or less rookie coach. I have always said you stick by your team thru thick and thin, but man, this is getting old. NO business can survive when you have inexperienced people running the show.
So are you saying we don't have any country club guy's? Zero pushback most nights. You don't need money to decide character.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad