Poll; Buy, Sell, or Hold ?

What Do You Want Detroit to do at the Trade Deadline ?

• Buy

Votes: 39 37.5%
  • Sell

Votes: 13 12.5%
  • Stand Pat

Votes: 34 32.7%
  • Get Off my Lawn! I want whatever Yzerman wants.

Votes: 18 17.3%

• Total voters

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
Detroit gets destroyed in the first round so buying would be a mistake. Kane, Ghost, Mattaa aren’t part of then long term plan so sell them if you can get a bidding war going. I’d sell Compher because he’s playing above his long term ability and I could see a team like Vegas going after him and I would love Edstrom in the Wings prospect pool.
Kane and Compher aren't getting moved unless they stamp their feet and demand to be moved. This team has busted their ass to be in a playoff spot. Selling 2 of their top ten players would be a kick in the plums to the team. If they get destroyed, whatever; they have to get the experience sometime. These are mostly young guys building toward something. This isn't Holland's fading teams that should have been torn down.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Detroit gets destroyed in the first round so buying would be a mistake. Kane, Ghost, Mattaa aren’t part of then long term plan so sell them if you can get a bidding war going. I’d sell Compher because he’s playing above his long term ability and I could see a team like Vegas going after him and I would love Edstrom in the Wings prospect pool.
Compher is signed for 4 more years after this year

has someone like him even ever been moved at the deadline with that much term left? that's a pretty big commitment for an acquiring team to make

WingsToPick4th

Jan 5, 2020
Players to SELL: Maatta, Petry holl, Veleno, Fabbri, Husso/Reimer

Players to BUY: Hanifin, Vatrano

Players to bring up: Edvinsson, Berggren, Kasper

Players to resign: Kane, Sprong, Ray, Seider, Fischer

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Vatrano - Larkin - Raymond
Debrincat - Compher - Kane
Perron - Kasper - Sprong
Ras - Copp - Fischer

Walman - Seider
Hanifin - Ghost
Edvinsson - Chiarot

Lyon/?

This team is so well balanced and could crush in the playoffs based on depth alone.

Last edited:

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Compher is signed for 4 more years after this year

has someone like him even ever been moved at the deadline with that much term left? that's a pretty big commitment for an acquiring team to make
Alex Tuch had a comparable contract situation when he was moved in a package for Eichel in 2021

So you can probably expect us to trade for an Eichel-level player any day now…

Reactions: ricky0034

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Alex Tuch had a comparable contract situation when he was moved in a package for Eichel in 2021

So you can probably expect us to trade for an Eichel-level player any day now…

maybe we can finally get that Pettersson trade people were talking about at the start of the season done :naughty:

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Sell high on Raymond. Someone will bite.
kindly-leave-wedding-crashers.gif

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
I actually mulled around in my own mind what the price would be to acquire a certain controversial forward (to Wings fans) from the Sens but I imagined I'd get ratio'd with these gifs.

WF19

Nov 18, 2009
Call me crazy but I wonder if Tampa is out of a wildcard and Yzermans ties to Tampa if something happens with Stammer?

Reactions: Gibby

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Only "buying" I want is for long term people. We aren't anywhere near buying rentals for futures at this point.

Reactions: odin1981

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
There are a handful of prospects in Grand Rapids that would be an upgrade to these UFAs. Sell to make room for them. The experience of an end of season run towards the playoffs is more valuable in the NHL than AHL. These players could also solidify a position for next year and minimize Yzerman's veteran shopping over the summer.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Before the Lyon emergence I would have bet good money Yzerman would trade for a vet goalie to stabilize things until then net prospects can cut their teeth.

Husso still being signed next year puts a minor wrinkle in flexibility.

Trade Husso?

Reactions: Snuggs

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Trade Husso?
Idk if he could even pass a physical right now, more importantly who's taking him, and doesn't that team have better options than to give up assets for a 1 year 4 million dollar goalie? (Couldn't they just go in the UFA market in the offseason?)

I'd love to trade Husso honestly, but I don't see a partner/team or him even being healthy enough.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Idk if he could even pass a physical right now, more importantly who's taking him, and doesn't that team have better options than to give up assets for a 1 year 4 million dollar goalie? (Couldn't they just go in the UFA market in the offseason?)

I'd love to trade Husso honestly, but I don't see a partner/team or him even being healthy enough.

If Calgary trades Markstrom I would assume they're taking Husso to help them tank.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad