Poll; Buy, Sell, or Hold ?

What Do You Want Detroit to do at the Trade Deadline ?

• Buy

Votes: 39 37.5%
  • Sell

Votes: 13 12.5%
  • Stand Pat

Votes: 34 32.7%
  • Get Off my Lawn! I want whatever Yzerman wants.

Votes: 18 17.3%

• Total voters

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I'd rather see the team make the playoffs than worry about getting a 3rd round pick for Ghost and a 5th for Peron. No roster limit means extra bodies in case of injuries.
I like to see we make playoffs , also if we somehow bring instead those guys just 1 true #1 ld and 1 top 6 power forward to replace Perron, this team will be even better. I also hope we get openings for 1 or 2 kids.

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
Buy. I've nothing to add that hasn't been said.... except hopefully it will be a player that can help us upset Bahstin in the 1st round. It's not as amusing as watching the Laffs hit the golf course early, but the entertainment value is there

letsgowings9999

May 13, 2023
Stand pat, either we make the playoffs or we don't but if we make it, thats more valuable than a extra 3rd and 5th round picks what Perron and Ghost can fetch us.
Maybe I'm naive but I think at 50% perron can fetch a 2nd from a cup contender due to his cup winning experience. Think hes just a player teams would covet for a long playoff run

Crop of players for deadline day available is pretty weak as well

I will add, if Arizona wanted to cough up Lawson Crouse for a not to bad price, I would do that. Put him with Kane Larkin, put Ras back down with the Copp Fischer line. That top 9 would be pretty nice.
Been pushing for him for years, dont think move him at this point with all the picks they've already collected I'm guessing theyll move the ufa's and keep crouse and keller etc..

Gotta be able to ice a team lol and have to keep guys if theyll move the team in a sale

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
No Rentals we are not in that mode yet. We are 50/50 if we'll even make the playoffs.

Buy if there is a good long term piece available. If you want to deal for a guy and sign him long term ala Hanafin or bring in a guy with some term left like Vat then go ahead. Wings are in a spot where they should be looking to improve the team from the outside as much as the inside.

Sell one of Holl, Maata, Petry. We need the spot next year and I don't think any of them are so solid that we can't get rid of one and bring up Aljo or Ed this year if we hit injuries. Much more likely to find a desperate team at the deadline than be able to deal these guys in the offseason. In the offseason we probably have to hold salary throughout the remainder of their contract or pay as a salary dump. Maata would obviously be the easiest to move.

Sell Fabbri if the price is good but doesn't have to be an overpay. I think Berggren could take his spot now and I'd rather free up his salary for next year. I'd rather have money to bring Sprong and Kane back.

Sell Ghost if someone is willing to dump a 1st or 2nd + Prospect our way. Its not a good optics look to deal him, so it would need to be an overpay. I think he is gone next season, but not someone we should just dump to dump this year.

Hockey trade Husso if we can find a short term option at goalie to platoon with Lyon. Husso would have to be traded if we land anyone with salary back. If not traded for another goalie, then I think we hang onto him.

Reimer cold be dealt for picks if Husso is healthy. I think Hutch is a fine 3rd option, and there may be a desperate team willing to give up a decent pick for Reimer.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Maybe I'm naive but I think at 50% perron can fetch a 2nd from a cup contender due to his cup winning experience. Think hes just a player teams would covet for a long playoff run

Crop of players for deadline day available is pretty weak as well

Have you watched Perron at all this season? He's slow AF. Nobody is gonna throw a second at Perron for 12 PP points. The bigger issue is that he doesn't really fit well on any line, not even with the Wings because he can't keep up with his linemates in transition or the opponents on the backcheck. The most he gets is a 3rd, but most likely a 4th or 5th.

Trading Ghost would help that...
Fester would probably play Holl over Ed. Given the choice between Holl and Ghost, I will take Ghost 10 times out of 10.

I want to see Ed in the NHL too, but I'd be OK with going with 7D and sitting Kostin/Fischer/Holl.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
We aren't at our point of contention window opening up yet. I would like to not buy much. If something falls into our laps I'm not against it though. I hope we try to move say 2 soon to be expiring contracts for a couple more draft picks.

Reactions: PelagicJoe

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
A deal for the right price, like many have mentioned here is hard to get at the trade deadline, something similar to the DeBrincat trade. Most prices are over inflated for the deadline, not the other way around.

letsgowings9999

May 13, 2023
Have you watched Perron at all this season? He's slow AF. Nobody is gonna throw a second at Perron for 12 PP points. The bigger issue is that he doesn't really fit well on any line, not even with the Wings because he can't keep up with his linemates in transition or the opponents on the backcheck. The most he gets is a 3rd, but most likely a 4th or 5th.
No doubt hes not having a great season, still about 0.5ppg season close to 20 goal pace and more importantly he has a good playoff track record 60 pts in about 100 games . Had one season with 1 pt in 11 take that seasob out and its 60 in 90

If someone offered a 3rd for him and a legitimate cup threat came calling a d had to offer a late 2nd maybe we'd have a chance . Either way whatever we get I'd rather deal him and play berggren for 20 games

Off topic but move ghost/maata and bring up edvinsson. It's time

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
No doubt hes not having a great season, still about 0.5ppg season close to 20 goal pace and more importantly he has a good playoff track record 60 pts in about 100 games . Had one season with 1 pt in 11 take that seasob out and its 60 in 90

If someone offered a 3rd for him and a legitimate cup threat came calling a d had to offer a late 2nd maybe we'd have a chance . Either way whatever we get I'd rather deal him and play berggren for 20 games

Off topic but move ghost/maata and bring up edvinsson. It's time

The team is on a playoff path. We do not need to bring in rookies, and it's not even worth arguing about because Stevie won't do it anyways.

The sooner the Wings lock up a playoff spot, the sooner we will get to see Burger and Ed. If anyone wants to see both of them, they should be hoping for a 15 game winning streak, not a deadline trade.

Reactions: Henkka

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
If there’s a way to add Markstrom then we should also explore that.

Before the Lyon emergence I would have bet good money Yzerman would trade for a vet goalie to stabilize things until then net prospects can cut their teeth.

Husso still being signed next year puts a minor wrinkle in flexibility.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

letsgowings9999

May 13, 2023
The team is on a playoff path. We do not need to bring in rookies, and it's not even worth arguing about because Stevie won't do it anyways.

The sooner the Wings lock up a playoff spot, the sooner we will get to see Burger and Ed. If anyone wants to see both of them, they should be hoping for a 15 game winning streak, not a deadline trade.
We'll see what happens

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Why would Perron want to be sold to a different team looking for a playoff position when he came to the Wings specifically to help get them to this spot today? This was always his goal.

When Perron signed his deal he knew he wouldn't be a top line player anymore for long and even in his initial interviews talked about how he was looking for a team he could help as a veteran mentor and slide down the lineup and help in other ways.

I know everyone is eager to jettison the old talent and bring in young legs, but when you're looking around the league, you could do a hell of a lot worse than Perron on your 3rd line and chipping in on the 2nd power play.

I feel it's way more likely Perron signs again with Detroit on a reduced deal than he's dealt for peanuts. Guys in solid depth spots like Perron are why this roster is finally scoring in the top 10 for the first time in God knows how long.

15 goals here, 20 goals there... Not sexy like having a guy dunking 50 but that shit adds up.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Detroit gets destroyed in the first round so buying would be a mistake. Kane, Ghost, Mattaa aren’t part of then long term plan so sell them if you can get a bidding war going. I’d sell Compher because he’s playing above his long term ability and I could see a team like Vegas going after him and I would love Edstrom in the Wings prospect pool.

• Haha
Reactions: Ulysses31

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Why would Perron want to be sold to a different team looking for a playoff position when he came to the Wings specifically to help get them to this spot today? This was always his goal.

When Perron signed his deal he knew he wouldn't be a top line player anymore for long and even in his initial interviews talked about how he was looking for a team he could help as a veteran mentor and slide down the lineup and help in other ways.

I know everyone is eager to jettison the old talent and bring in young legs, but when you're looking around the league, you could do a hell of a lot worse than Perron on your 3rd line and chipping in on the 2nd power play.

I feel it's way more likely Perron signs again with Detroit on a reduced deal than he's dealt for peanuts. Guys in solid depth spots like Perron are why this roster is finally scoring in the top 10 for the first time in God knows how long.

15 goals here, 20 goals there... Not sexy like having a guy dunking 50 but that shit adds up.

He's aging much faster than anyone expected though. His skating is starting to look like Svech's. If he re-signs, I hope it's $2M x 1 year like Sprong's current contract or less.

But back to your point, he's not getting traded. People here have really weird ideas, and they think repeating it will make it come true. Chiarot, Petry, and Perron are NOT gonna get traded, I will bet my house on that.

heyfolks

Apr 30, 2007
Petry and Chiarot aren't getting dumped. Winning teams don't dump their second pair D. Nobody will take Holl, but if there's a taker without retention, Stevie would be wise to trade him for future considerations.

There's no roster limit after the deadline, that will allow Stevie to evaluate Ed and Burger towards the end of the season, especially if the team either locks into a playoff spot or gets eliminated. Any trade involving Maatta/Holl probably happens during the summer.

Ghost won't return enough to make it worthwhile to sell him. He fetched a 3rd last season. Draper takes extra second round picks and uses them for players like Cleveland, what's the point of getting another 3rd rounder? Draft his daughter?

So we agree, got it.

Brady Cleveland.... future legend. Still on the fence on Drapers daughter but Kienan has upped his output from 1/0 to 3/10 goals in his 2nd year at UoM.

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
I have been "stand pat" all season. BUT. Was watching the Woodward and WWP casts recently and they each brought up what "buy" can tell the team. So I voted "buy".

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

I would be very surprised about Perron getting traded when you hear about stuff like this --
DETROIT — Derek Lalonde doesn’t like to share details about what goes on inside the Detroit Red Wings’ locker room. But on Saturday night, the coach made an exception.

He thought back 25 days, to the start of the Red Wings’ West Coast road trip in San Jose — a game Detroit won 5-3, but not convincingly. He was walking into the locker room to address the team when he heard something.

David Perron’s yelling, ‘We’re getting 18 points before the break!'” Lalonde recalled. “And kind of in my head, I’m like, has he not watched us lately? Like, there’s no way we’re getting 18 points.”

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
I would be very surprised about Perron getting traded when you hear about stuff like this --
I'd be 100% shocked if Perron is moved for this reason. He is a locker room leader and that would send a terrible message to the team in what has been a successful year.

Petry is unlikely to move because he had an NMC.

Chia has been better this season and I don't think Stevie is looking to deal him.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi

Yeah, I see him probably brought back on hopefully like a year to year deal until he decides to retire. You can see his decline, but he hasn't fallen off a cliff and appears to be a good vet leader in the locker room.

Reactions: Ulysses31

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad