GDT: POLE: Lavoie Minutes - Winner gets to coach the team vs Vancouver! - Edmonton v Nashville - 1 PM - SN

How many minutes does Woody give Lavoie?

• 19-20 minutes, 2 goals, 1st star, Oilers lose as his ass is stapled to the bench in the final minute

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 15-16 minutes, around the net all night, elevated to 2nd line RW

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
What did we run today? 10-6? So we’re now icing 2 players less than a normal roster?

Maybe Holland should try negotiating when he hands out contracts. He may have had room to ice a complete roster like a competent GM.

Reactions: Duder54

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
You know when you used to play road hockey. Then there is that last guy left that nobody wants to pick, but has to? He gets hurt then you go ring the bell of a guy who nobody would even think to invite to play?

That is Deharnais

Reactions: Duke74

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
No- this is all on Holland- sorry. Barzal? Look at who Holland f***ing passed on. Holland didn’t have to give Nurse 9.25M. This is 100% on Holland- sorry
Damn, did Holland draft McDavid too?

You're aware this shit is easy to look up so you dont embarrass yourself right.

Reactions: TB12

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
So does anybody want to reconsider their opinion on this teams chance of playoffs? I took a lot of crap saying that we'd finish bottom 10. Turns out I was maybe to generous with this team. Bottom five is very clearly on the menu
Yes

flashy

In the name of Kane.
Dec 17, 2009
Edmonton
What are you smoking? Who did Holland pass on? In a draft where he was t with the team?

Yes, he pretty much did have to give Nurse 9.25 or he would’ve walked UFA.

Look back as Chiarellis moves and tell me the epic mismanagement there hasn’t had repercussions into the Holland era. Again, Holland doesn’t get a free pass either.

i think the fact that we made the conference finals after the final season of chiarelli is unreal.

the guy litterally traded for a player that, allegedly, tried (DID*) injure your best player.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
You know when you used to play road hockey. Then there is that last guy left that nobody wants to pick, but has to? He gets hurt then you go ring the bell of a guy who nobody would even think to invite to play?

That is Deharnais
No. It’s Woodcroft.

Gnome17

Mar 4, 2016
Sweden
Would anybody be surprised if McDavid "Prongers" his way outta here before his contract? I would not blame him.
He is not looking good either though. I think with his personality he'd blame himself most of all right now. It would maybe be different if he was killing it and they were still losing.

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
Skinner was putting up a .914 and their sticks weren't ice cold. McDrai were scoring at above average McDrai pace.

This is the perfect storm of everything imploding, but honestly I'm here for it. Team was never going to be good enough to win the cup with Nurse as #1 and Skinner/Campbell as starter. At least now Katz/Holland can't be deluded into that notion.
It’s just so frustrating. I didn’t think they’d be this bad but after the playoffs I wanted them to clear out some of the bad contracts because were handcuffed. Campbell and Nurse primarily, maybe Ceci/Foegele/Kulak too needed to be shopped.

They should have made changes in the off season.. so annoying.

Jackson needs to find a new GM asap. Holland isn’t going to make some awesome series of trades early in the season. It might be inevitable that we lose this season, but changes need to be made asap before Drais contract is up. This could be the death of the team, can’t wait for the deadline.

Kerberos

Hound of Hades
Nov 4, 2021
So does anybody want to reconsider their opinion on this teams chance of playoffs? I took a lot of crap saying that we'd finish bottom 10. Turns out I was maybe to generous with this team. Bottom five is very clearly on the menu
It was obvious that this team was fatally flawed after the 1st game of the season and there are people that still refuse to accept it, relying on obscure stats and wishful thinking to convince themselves that this season is salvageable.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
The blame is all on the goalies. Minus the first game of the season the team has out chances the other team in each game yet here we are sitting at 2-7-1 with a team SP hovering around .800. We could put in an EBUG and her probably have a better SP.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009

That is Deharnais Soothsayer.
This brings up painful memories.

• Haha
Reactions: mkatcherin00

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
Forget about that 21 game stretch last season folks... that's looking like lighting in a bottle at this stage.

Different personnel... had that "Ekholm bounce" and they somehow got decent goaltending during that stretch.

Those days are over.

They were 6-6 in the playoffs (with a better roster than they have now)... and it's been downhill from there.
I would argue that 6-6 in the playoffs isn’t really a damning statistic, especially when you’re only playing against good teams. Any team that loses in the 2nd round will have a record of about 0.500.

Team is clearly all wrong right now though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad