Pokemon Go thread #4

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
They rolled out Gen 2 with the babies first, and Gen 3 with the Ghosts first. I guess we should have saw it coming.

Grinded Gen 4 starters hard because I know they’re going to be rare once the rest drop. I’m two Piplup away from fully evolving him and then I’ve got them all.

Also had a decent community day today. I caught five shiny Beldum’s (one was 80+ IV, one made it to 3000cp Metagross). I also caught a 98% and 96% non-shiny Beldum and hatched a 100% Wingull. Caught a shiny Medidate the day before.

Unfortunately it was hard to play for too long as my hands started losing feeling in the cold. The only downside of this game - playing through the winter.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I crossed a barrier and did three devices yesterday (mine, my friend who was occupied, and my coworker's account since he stopped playing last year). I don't like where that path is leading.

I took my nephew for community day, but since I was preoccupied with catching on three devices, I didn't notice that he wasn't using pinaps to catch. He ended up with enough to evolve two Metagross, but I'm bummed that he didn't load up more.

The extra hour grace period to evolve was much appreciated. I did a shiny trade with my coworker's account and I ended up getting a 93% (15-15-12) lucky. Did a few more normal trades and got a 96% and 87% high level luckies. Evolved my best hatched one, but kinda regretting not evolving one more or maybe one more shiny. Then again, my shinies were either low level and/or junk IVs. I suppose I could trade and evolve later, but it won't have Meteor Mash (things I wouldn't have cared about a year ago).

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
I caught a Pikachu with a witch hat. Ha. I stopped at level 9 in the first few months of release but I've slowly been leveling past few weeks in anticipation Pokemon Let's Go. Level 17 now. I wish I lived and worked in a more urban location for more pokestops.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
I caught a Pikachu with a witch hat. Ha. I stopped at level 9 in the first few months of release but I've slowly been leveling past few weeks in anticipation Pokemon Let's Go. Level 17 now. I wish I lived and worked in a more urban location for more pokestops.
I wish I lived in an area with special events. Seems impossible to get some of these special event Pokémon without attending one-off events.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Research tasks flipped over at 1pm PST. Unfortunately there seems to have been a 10-15 minute glitch. I expected a Shedinja out of my 7 day task reward, but suddenly a shiny Moltres appeared. Looking at Twitter now and a bunch of people got (regular) Moltres as well, but the glitch has been fixed.

Friend got a 100% Spiritomb a couple nights ago. She asked us if everybody got a 100% and my friend glared at her since his was in the 80s. I got the sudden urge to finish the Spiritomb quest on Halloween. I was gonna rename it "Not a 100" and send her the screenshot, but lo and behold I got a 100%.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
I wish I lived in an area with special events. Seems impossible to get some of these special event Pokémon without attending one-off events.

The Pikachu witch hat thing wasn't global? I'm the furthest thing from an informed and experienced player so I have no idea. I need to find someone to trade a pokemon to complete a low level research quest.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
The Pikachu witch hat thing wasn't global? I'm the furthest thing from an informed and experienced player so I have no idea. I need to find someone to trade a pokemon to complete a low level research quest.
Yeah you’re right, sorry I wasn’t being specific. I just see things like Comic-Con or the current Taiwan event and wish us normal folks could see a Relicanth or an Unown someday.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Yeah you’re right, sorry I wasn’t being specific. I just see things like Comic-Con or the current Taiwan event and wish us normal folks could see a Relicanth or an Unown someday.

I’m lucky, the areas I live in have rare unown spawns, but you can get there in time. I’ve caught 3 or 4. One was completely lucky as I opened my phone and one was there.

Relincath, different story. There’s a group of people who log into each other’s spare accounts and catch regionals from their region to give to their community. Maybe try Facebook groups or discords.

Reactions: Supermassive

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
I’m lucky, the areas I live in have rare unown spawns, but you can get there in time. I’ve caught 3 or 4. One was completely lucky as I opened my phone and one was there.

Relincath, different story. There’s a group of people who log into each other’s spare accounts and catch regionals from their region to give to their community. Maybe try Facebook groups or discords.

That’s brilliant. Thanks for the tip!

Reactions: Rhaegar Targaryen

Taro Tsujimoto

Jan 6, 2009
Clarence Center, NY
Some cross-generational evolutions are now available:

Still missing Leafeon, Glaceon, Magnezone, Lickilicky, Tangrowth, Ambipom, Yanmega, Mamoswine, Probopass, Gallade, and Froslass. And given how many cross-generational evolutions there are, they better make the Sinnoh Stone fairly common.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
CP rework also now live. Blissey noticeably nerfed pretty hard.

Waiting for them to announce when December's Community Day is. I was debating taking a pre-holiday vacation but realized while booking my return flight that I'd potentially be on a plane for the entirety of Community Day.

Hadoop

Aug 13, 2002
Mississauga
FINALLY completed my Gen 1 pokedex today. Thanks to the folks in town who traded me their regionals the last few weeks. Didn't have to spend a single cent either.

SubyDubyTML

May 13, 2013
Anyone still play daily? After not playing for a few months I'm back into it, haha.

PM me if you wanna be friends, I give gifts daily!

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
The new Adventure Sync feature is broken (not in a bad way lol). I thought I had it set up, but I guess I didn't, considering every time I look at my PoGo at work, eggs are hatching and I'm getting walking candy. I'm absolutely loving this feature.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
The new Adventure Sync feature is broken (not in a bad way lol). I thought I had it set up, but I guess I didn't, considering every time I look at my PoGo at work, eggs are hatching and I'm getting walking candy. I'm absolutely loving this feature.

Absolutely agree. It's probably the bests feature they've implemented in my opinion.

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
Looking to add some friends to exchange gifts and to complete the Celebi quest. My friend code is 1429 4145 8368, my username is Korvelah.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad