Pokemon Go thread #4

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
I literally got my first ex raid done yesterday, but hey, the more Mewtwo the better. I also finished my Celebi quest line. Extremely easy, the only annoying part is all the grinding (9 eggs, 7 day streak, 20km of eevee walking).

The regionals in the eggs will be awesome as well. Really hoping I can pull the remaining two.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Mewtwo down. Just need Kangaskhan, Mr. Mime and Mew to finish gen 1. Haven't had any luck in my 7k eggs though

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
I lost tracks on the eggs, but probably around #28 was Mr. Mime, and #32 was Kang. #33 was also Kang, and #36 was Mime. Very short after.

I’m done with Gen 1. Still gotta get the two regionals from Gen 2 (along with Suicuine), and then keep grinding Gen 3.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I'd been holding off on evolving Metagross since all my Beldum hatches were in the low 80s. I got a ~85% with 15 attack via trade, so I'm saving that for Community Day.

I've had decent luck with the 7km eggs. I think 5 Mime, 3 Farfetch'd, and 2 Kangaskhan.

Coworker stopped playing about a year ago, so I half-jokingly asked if I could have his account. So far I've pillaged the 10 guaranteed luckies (including some legacy movesets from before I started playing ~April 2017) and have been using it as a secondary raid account.

Timed it well with my nephew's account last week. He just needed to finish the 'catch 40 grass types' tasks for Celebi which was perfect for Chikorita Day. A couple Mewtwo raids popped up in the park where we were at, so he was able to catch it himself for the first time.

Retrocity

The Ninja
Sep 5, 2007
Pittsburgh
Did anyone else receive an EX pass for the first round of Deoxys? We triggered two in one of the local parks for the same time today, so a lot of us swapped invites with friends who received for the other raid so we could do both. Seems like a much easier raid than Mewtwo was as an EX boss.

I hope nobody received one that was cancelled due to another raid being in progress when the egg for the EX raid should've appeared.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I got a cancelled raid pass, but actually had to turn down some invites. I mistakenly thought you could receive multiple invites, but I understand why Niantic would want to limit that. Invite system is nice since it'll make me raid less compulsively trying to get a pass.

I started playing the day that the 2016-17 regular season ended. I could have hit level 40 yesterday with XP from another ultra friend, but I'm trying to time it with the 2018-19 regular season starting on Wednesday. Thought that might make for a fun book end.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I've been trying to grind up candies for pokemon that evolve in Gen 4 like tangela, aipom, murkrow, midsdreavus, gligar, sneasel, swinub, roselia, porygon, magmar, electabuzz, and magnemite.

Reactions: GabeTravels

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
I've been trying to grind up candies for pokemon that evolve in Gen 4 like tangela, aipom, murkrow, midsdreavus, gligar, sneasel, swinub, roselia, porygon, magmar, electabuzz, and magnemite.

I've been saving most of these... Need another Gligar, Magmar, and Electabuzz.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
As much as I think these events are fun and give you a reason to play the game, I'm a little annoyed. I need to find Swablu, Wailmer, Lotad and Slakoth. This event gives me very little chance as it's just Abra and Drowzee everywhere.

On the plus side, I hatched another Beldum and got enough candy for Metagross. I just need to hatch Chimecho, grind some non-rare Get 3 mon for their full evolutions.

I'm just realizing how little Magmar I've actually seen.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
I always get a kick out of players that try to screw you over for trades. Like...it's Pokemon Go.

This guy messages me asking for a shiny for a Heracross. Then, when I post needing a Zangoose (I wasn't playing when he was in NA), he messages me asking for a shiny preferably but will settle for a Level 35 attacker.

I realize the Heracross is a regional and hard to get and the Zangoose doesn't spawn around us anymore, but Jesus. Ironically, a guy in our community has a spare account with tons of tradeable regionals that he literally gives away. I offered him a shiny as he's giving me a ton and is doing good for the community and he wouldn't take it.

Taro Tsujimoto

Jan 6, 2009
Clarence Center, NY
I always get a kick out of players that try to screw you over for trades. Like...it's Pokemon Go.

This guy messages me asking for a shiny for a Heracross. Then, when I post needing a Zangoose (I wasn't playing when he was in NA), he messages me asking for a shiny preferably but will settle for a Level 35 attacker.

I realize the Heracross is a regional and hard to get and the Zangoose doesn't spawn around us anymore, but Jesus. Ironically, a guy in our community has a spare account with tons of tradeable regionals that he literally gives away. I offered him a shiny as he's giving me a ton and is doing good for the community and he wouldn't take it.

The GTS in the main games has the same problem. Lots of unfair (asking for a rare/legendary Pokemon while offering a common Pokemon for it)/impossible (asking for a Pokemon that can't be legally obtained at the requested level) trades.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
With the following Pokemon now available:

Turtwig line
Chimchar line
Piplup line
Starly line
Bidoof line
Kricketot line
Buneary line
Chatot (regional exclusive)
Carnivine (regional exclusive)

Unfortunately my game is super glitchy right now so I haven’t had time to go explore. Thanks for the info.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
That was a pleasant surprise to wake up to. Only seen bidoofs, starlys and kricketots though. Hopefully they'll role out more soon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad