Pokemon Go thread #4

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I had a random interaction during my nightly walk yesterday. Usually I'll do a quick 15-20 minute roundtrip from my place to the brewery down the street which is a gym. There's a couple Pokestops along the way and there's usually some decent spawns that don't necessarily show up on the nearby.

Usually I do the walk after I finish watching hockey (~10pm), but since nothing was on yesterday I did the walk closer a little after 9pm. The brewery closes at 9, so typically the area is a ghost town when I do my walk but there were some people still hanging out last night.

I go to the gym to spin the stop and shiny check some stuff, and I overhear a conversation from like 100 feet away. One guy postulates to his buddy that I'm there to break into cars. I kinda laugh to myself since admittedly I look like a weirdo playing the game.

After I'm done with the gym, I turn back towards my place. That guy and his friend drive off in separate cars and pass me, then I see the second car stop. 20-30 seconds later, guy makes a U-turn and pulls up next to me. He angrily asks what I'm doing. After I tell him I'm playing PoGo and show him my phone, he then details his logic that "Well, you were walking close to my friend's car" before driving off.

I had some temptation to make a comment about his detective work, but I was mildly worried he had some George Zimmerman neighborhood patrol in him. Plus he was leaving a brewery, so he might have been sauced to some degree.

But I can at least find some amusement picturing him psyching himself up in those 20-30 seconds before he decided to confront me.[/coolstorybro]

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
I had a random interaction during my nightly walk yesterday. Usually I'll do a quick 15-20 minute roundtrip from my place to the brewery down the street which is a gym. There's a couple Pokestops along the way and there's usually some decent spawns that don't necessarily show up on the nearby.

Usually I do the walk after I finish watching hockey (~10pm), but since nothing was on yesterday I did the walk closer a little after 9pm. The brewery closes at 9, so typically the area is a ghost town when I do my walk but there were some people still hanging out last night.

I go to the gym to spin the stop and shiny check some stuff, and I overhear a conversation from like 100 feet away. One guy postulates to his buddy that I'm there to break into cars. I kinda laugh to myself since admittedly I look like a weirdo playing the game.

After I'm done with the gym, I turn back towards my place. That guy and his friend drive off in separate cars and pass me, then I see the second car stop. 20-30 seconds later, guy makes a U-turn and pulls up next to me. He angrily asks what I'm doing. After I tell him I'm playing PoGo and show him my phone, he then details his logic that "Well, you were walking close to my friend's car" before driving off.

I had some temptation to make a comment about his detective work, but I was mildly worried he had some George Zimmerman neighborhood patrol in him. Plus he was leaving a brewery, so he might have been sauced to some degree.

But I can at least find some amusement picturing him psyching himself up in those 20-30 seconds before he decided to confront me.[/coolstorybro]

Well he would have needed your friend code in order to fight you.

Taro Tsujimoto

Jan 6, 2009
Clarence Center, NY

If the picture and tweet are any indication, the following Pokemon have been added:

• Burmy line
  • Cherubi line
  • Gible line
  • Hippopotas line
  • Leafeon
  • Glaceon
  • Magnezone
  • Probopass
EDIT: Also, quick PSA re Hippopotas/Hippowdon:

EDIT: And a quick PSA re Leafeon and Glaceon:

Last edited:

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Started playing again to kill time at work.

Feel free to add me. 2467 6243 1331.

I feel like the game is trying to get me hooked again. I ended up catching nine shiny Slakoths during the event the other day haha.

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
just started playing again after 3 years...

my trainer code is 5950 2762 7055 if anybody is interested in adding me possibly?

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Almost time for no more flower crown Eevee, thank god. Half expecting Next research breakthrough, santa hat eevee lol

Reactions: Mrb1p

Taro Tsujimoto

Jan 6, 2009
Clarence Center, NY
Almost time for no more flower crown Eevee, thank god. Half expecting Next research breakthrough, santa hat eevee lol

Next month’s research breakthrough better be a legendary (don’t really care which specific one for the most part). Need one to complete one of the tasks in the Jump Start Research special research (which would net me a Piplup, which I need as Empoleon is the only non-Generation V fully evolved starter I don’t have). Flower crown Eevee has definitely been the worst research breakthrough reward to date, IMO.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Next month’s research breakthrough better be a legendary (don’t really care which specific one for the most part). Need one to complete one of the tasks in the Jump Start Research special research (which would net me a Piplup, which I need as Empoleon is the only non-Generation V fully evolved starter I don’t have). Flower crown Eevee has definitely been the worst research breakthrough reward to date, IMO.
I mean it was fine, but it was on for what three months or something ? Like wth.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Flower tail band eevee. Didn't know you played
Yeah started when it first came out, but I lived in the middle of nowhere, so played for like a week and didn't play again until the start about March.

So what kind of luck did everyone have the community day? I managed 2 Shiny Chimchar and and a Shiny Squirtle, my brother got 7 shiny chimchar... and then caught a shiny psyduck just before.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Yeah started when it first came out, but I lived in the middle of nowhere, so played for like a week and didn't play again until the start about March.

So what kind of luck did everyone have the community day? I managed 2 Shiny Chimchar and and a Shiny Squirtle, my brother got 7 shiny chimchar... and then caught a shiny psyduck just before.
5 chims. One usable.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Was at my sister's for Thanksgiving and was taking down a nearby gym. Couple kids roll up on their scooters and one excitedly asks if I can give him a Snorlax. So we add each other as friends in the game but then I see the kid's mom staring me daggers from across the street. From a distance, it probably looked like her kid was giving contact info to a stranger. Sadly the kid didn't have enough stardust to get his Pokedex Snorlax.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
Was at my sister's for Thanksgiving and was taking down a nearby gym. Couple kids roll up on their scooters and one excitedly asks if I can give him a Snorlax. So we add each other as friends in the game but then I see the kid's mom staring me daggers from across the street. From a distance, it probably looked like her kid was giving contact info to a stranger. Sadly the kid didn't have enough stardust to get his Pokedex Snorlax.
lmao

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
got logged out of my old account.
add my new one if you'd like.
I'll send gifts

Here my trainer code:

5704 9007 5573

Merry Christmas everyone :xsign:

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
I’m having some Adventure Sync issues.

usually works great for me. A normal day at work, I walk between 7-11km. Today, different story. It says I’ve only walked 0.4km. I checked the Health App, I checked my Activity on my Apple Watch and it says I’ve walked 9km today. I made sure it was on. I signed out of Pokemon go and back in...nothing seems to be working. Any ideas?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad