Pokemon Go thread #4

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
After just passing 7km for the week a couple of weeks ago, as I mentioned earlier, I turned Adventure Sync on. All the walking I do that Pokémon didn’t catch before got me to over 50km this past week. No 10km egg, but some rare candies which was cool.

Excited for this community weekend!

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
After just passing 7km for the week a couple of weeks ago, as I mentioned earlier, I turned Adventure Sync on. All the walking I do that Pokémon didn’t catch before got me to over 50km this past week. No 10km egg, but some rare candies which was cool.

Excited for this community weekend!
The 50km thing is ridiculous. I finally manage to do it with egg slots cleared.

No egg.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I haven't come close to hitting 50km in a week. Over Thanksgiving I walked around more than usual but I don't think I even cracked 40km.

Looking forward to this weekend. My sister managed to get my nephew's original account locked out in April, so his new account lost his shiny Dratini, Bulbasaur, and Mareep. Bulbasaur day was a rough one for me since I missed half of the event due to a fantasy baseball draft and then I managed to accidentally transfer the only shiny I encountered; In a rush to find a shiny, I forgot to evolve anything to get Frenzy Plant. I only got two shiny Charmander throughout those 3 hours, so hopefully I get another decent one. And then for Larvitar, I didn't have any great ones lined up for Smackdown.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Part of me fears some of my more competitive friends getting into fist fights with PvP.

I've been trying to give my friend's son some pointers with IVs and whatnot, but he doesn't quite grasp it. Ie, he evolved a 2% Larvitar once he got 125 candy, he also powered up some others with trash IVs. But I do look forward to pummeling him head-to-head. Hopefully that beat down will help him understand IVs a little bit better.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Is it just me, or did they nerf the shiny rate? Never had a problem during CD's, and not doing too well this time around.

Did manage to find two shiny Mareep, a shiny Dratini (40cp RIP), and a shiny Pikachu.

Also kind of annoyed. I evolved my Pupitar during the three hour window, and didn't get a Smack Down Tyranitar.

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
Is it just me, or did they nerf the shiny rate? Never had a problem during CD's, and not doing too well this time around.

Did manage to find two shiny Mareep, a shiny Dratini (40cp RIP), and a shiny Pikachu.

Also kind of annoyed. I evolved my Pupitar during the three hour window, and didn't get a Smack Down Tyranitar.
Not sure why your Tyranitar didn't get Smack Down, but the event is the entire weekend. The 3 hour window was just the extra bonuses and seemingly a better shiny rate.

Anecdotally, I caught ~330 Pokemon in the 3 hrs and got 10 shiny Pokemon, not sure how those odds translate compared to past events. I also got 3 yesterday, so I believe the shiny rate is a bit boosted even outside of that 3hr window.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Not sure why your Tyranitar didn't get Smack Down, but the event is the entire weekend. The 3 hour window was just the extra bonuses and seemingly a better shiny rate.

Anecdotally, I caught ~330 Pokemon in the 3 hrs and got 10 shiny Pokemon, not sure how those odds translate compared to past events. I also got 3 yesterday, so I believe the shiny rate is a bit boosted even outside of that 3hr window.

I thought the special moves were also only obtainable through the 3 hour window. Good to know.

He was already a Pupitar for over a year, could that be it? But definitely just evolved to Tyranitar today, and he got Fire Blast. Only reason I evolved him was to have a high IV Tyranitar with Smack Down

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
I thought the special moves were also only obtainable through the 3 hour window. Good to know.

He was already a Pupitar for over a year, could that be it? But definitely just evolved to Tyranitar today, and he got Fire Blast. Only reason I evolved him was to have a high IV Tyranitar with Smack Down
Maybe, but even Tyranitar in raids and the wild have Smack Down. Might be something to ask support.

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007

Wait, Smack Down is a fast move, Fire Blast is charged. Are you sure you didn't get smack down as a fast move?

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Unfortunately/fortunately had previous travel plans this weekend, otherwise I probably would have spent way too much time playing. Shiny haul was great on Saturday, not so much on Friday/Sunday. Highlight of the night was trading a shiny (pokedex entry) Bulbasaur to my friend who picked me up from the airport; It ended up being a lucky trade and she got a 93% level 30 out of it and I got a 96% shiny level 29 Larvitar. Made me feel a lot better about spending 80,000 stardust.

During the original Larvitar day, I was stuck at the bank for nearly half of the event and only ended up evolving two that day. Made up for lost time and evolved nine more today (and emptied out my Larvitar candies). I also messed up the original Bulbasaur day so it was nice to get a second shot at that one.

From this weekend's event, I supplemented the following shinies: 2 Beldum, 4 Larvitar, 3 Bulbasaur, 1 Chikorita, 2 Eevee, 2 Pikachu, 1 Dratini, 1 Mareep, 1 Charmander.

Starting to set my lineup for the upcoming PvP. The 1500/2500/no limit will be interesting. Left a new 96% lucky Metagross just below 2500 CP for the time being. Debated evolving a baby 91% Beldum to eventually sit just below 1500 but forgot to do it before the event ended.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I was able to grind a bunch of candy, but had no luck with shinies or IVs. Almost all of them were trash. Will probably just feed all my candy into Dragonite and Tyranitar

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Apparently starting yesterday, 17-18 Meltan are appearing out of the mystery box rather the previous 10. Naturally I opened mine up Sunday night right before the change. I also had a minor fail as I opened it while waiting for my train. The last couple Meltan popped up as I was on the train and they fled which I didn't know was possible. My best guess is that the app thought I was spoofing.

Hadoop

Aug 13, 2002
Mississauga
Just participated and won my first PvP battle. That. Was. Fun.

I know I'm ultra friends with a few of you on here - what are your usernames on Pokemon Go? Mine is ClouderaAtlas which is my username on Discord as well, and my DiscordTag is #3233

SubyDubyTML

May 13, 2013
Anyone wanna be friends? I give gifts daily for quick levelling up!
Here's my trainer code: 9738 6686 5260

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->