Better player?

• Point

• Nylander

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
I don't quite understand how anyone can vote for Nylander here.

(Looks to see who voted for Nylander)..... :laugh:

Reactions: Snowman

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
I don't quite understand how anyone can vote for Nylander here.

(Looks to see who voted for Nylander)..... :laugh:

The dummies voting for Point are just experiencing recency bias!

I mean really, how ignorant do you have to be to put more weight on the recent performances when it comes to 22 year olds?! :laugh:

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
1. Pasta
2. Drai
3. Ekblad
4. Point
5. Larkin

You can go ahead and let your Toronto bias get in the way all you want, but that's pretty well established now. Point and Ekblad may be flipped now, either way, Nylander doesn't crack that group currently.

That’s not well established at all lol. You through in guys carried by other players and guys having career years that based on the entire body of work haven’t been as good as Nylander.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Pointer. Center, high hockey IQ, amazing two-way play, great nose for the net, terrific playmaker, sound positioning, skates as fast as the wind. No weakness in his game.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
the first post literally says "Nearly identical points per game totals"
Who cares what they did two years ago?
Point has clearly taken it to another level.
And hockey is about more than points ( pun not intended).
Points a better two way player and plays the more important position.
If you want to homer vote for Nylander then just go ahead and do it.
Objectively it’s Point.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Who cares what they did two years ago.
Point has clearly taken it to another level.
If you want to homer vote for Nylander then just go ahead and do it.
Objectively it’s Point.

well yeah, obviously now. It's an old thread. And when they had similar points it wasn't absurd to prefer Nylander.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
That’s not well established at all lol. You through in guys carried by other players and guys having career years that based on the entire body of work haven’t been as good as Nylander.

It's cute how you're trying to claim recency bias for 22 year olds and "Guys being carried by other players" when Nylander has spent the better part of his career playing on a line with AUSTON MATTHEWS.

Mar 26, 2010
It's cute how you're trying to claim recency bias for 22 year olds and "Guys being carried by other players" when Nylander has spent the better part of his career playing on a line with AUSTON MATTHEWS.
But Auston Matthews is nothing to talk about.

Reactions: WingsMJN2965

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
That means nothing to the Leafs. Matthews and Kadri are both very good defensively and average 0:00 of PK time between them. We play our fourth liners and Hyman on the PK. Babs doesn't want stars blocking shots and getting in passing lanes when Dominic Moore can do the exact same thing.
Weird. I thought Marner PK'ed sometimes. That kinda debunks that theory right?

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
But Auston Matthews is nothing to talk about.

Literally the only forward of that group who has anything to complain about is Larkin. Pastrnak gets Bergeron and Marchand, Drai gets McDavid, Point gets Kucherov, Nylander gets Matthews.

Larkin had Tatar last year and Nyquist this year.

So this whole, "Poor Willie" sob story about how the others just produce because they have superstar line mates is crap.

Reactions: Snowman

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Weird. I thought Marner PK'ed sometimes. That kinda debunks that theory right?

Connor Brown and Zach Hyman are our lead PK'ers, so I'm still pretty comfortable with my original take. Tavares was one of the main PK'ers on the Islanders and only takes PK draws under Babcock. Marner does PK sometimes and ranks 5th in PKToI for our forwards. Considering that Matthews gets the defensive matchups at ES (and Kadri did previously) I am still very confident in saying that PK'ing on the Leafs is not an indicator of defensive ability.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto

Nylander in his first call-up on a putrid team with no Matthews, Marner etc was on pace for a near 50 point year but good try

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Nylander in his first call-up on a putrid team with no Matthews, Marner etc was on pace for a near 50 point year but good try

Complains about recency bias and then uses a 22 game period to try to justify the other 150+ games.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: ManitobaKid
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad