Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Some of the Leafs fans comments in this thread last season :help:

This was never close, like at all. Totally different tier of player.

You should understand we have heard "It's not even close" in a thousand polls against our young players and they keep proving people wrong. Marner wasn't even close to Pastrnak's tier last year, this year...well, not all development is linear.

Nylander definitely has shown he has that Point tier talent, but he is not in the same league as Point in terms of effort and overcoming diversity on the ice. Point is the little engine that could, he keep proving people wrong at every level. I can see an argument that in 5 years, we may look back and this might be close, but right now it's obviously Point.

Can't blame fans for voting with bias, it's natural.

Reactions: LordZapp

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
You should understand we have heard "It's not even close" in a thousand polls against our young players and they keep proving people wrong. Marner wasn't even close to Pastrnak's tier last year, this year...well, not all development is linear.

Nylander definitely has shown he has that Point tier talent, but he is not in the same league as Point in terms of effort and overcoming diversity on the ice. Point is the little engine that could, he keep proving people wrong at every level. I can see an argument that in 5 years, we may look back and this might be close, but right now it's obviously Point.

Can't blame fans for voting with bias, it's natural.

I think Point is entering a tier Nylander has only the faintest hope of reaching.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
I think Point is entering a tier Nylander has only the faintest hope of reaching.

We will see in a few years. Nylander's development has lagged way behind Points in the last 30 months, but I like Nylander's raw talent and I am interested in seeing what he's like in a few years. It took him a while in the AHL as well. Doesn't help that he held out this year so we don't really know what kind of player he's going to be this season until we get another 15-20 games.

Like I said, though, no one would take Nylander right now over Point. Marner/Point is a better comparison in that regard. Both will be making 2-3 million more than Nylander too based on the hockey world's projections.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Nylander. Can't see Point ever being as effective as Nylander.

tenor.gif

Nervousbreakdown

Jul 3, 2017
I'd cringe too re-reading some of the posts from your fanbase here.
I mean yeah but its also cringe worthy to revive a nearly year old post to pump your guys tires. A year ago you could make the case for Nylander but now unless Nylander has a monster season its as dumb of a question as "Can I offer you a glass of water" from someone who lives in Flint MI. We know the answer already.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I mean yeah but its also cringe worthy to revive a nearly year old post to pump your guys tires. A year ago you could make the case for Nylander but now unless Nylander has a monster season its as dumb of a question as "Can I offer you a glass of water" from someone who lives in Flint MI. We know the answer already.

You must have voted Nylander.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Realistically in a re-draft, Point goes 4th at worst, Nylander goes 6th at best.

6th at best that’s comical lol. Besides this year, which he held out. Which players were head and shoulders above him? Pasta? Sure. Then you have a tier of guys that are all in the same range. Ekblad has had his issues, Drai without McDavid has been proven time after time that he isn’t that great, Ehlers is comparable production wise. Point’s had a great season but again the recency bias on here is comical. Larkin wasn’t great until last year...go ahead and shoot me that list.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
6th at best that’s comical lol. Besides this year, which he held out. Which players were head and shoulders above him? Pasta? Sure. Then you have a tier of guys that are all in the same range. Ekblad has had his issues, Drai without McDavid has been proven time after time that he isn’t that great, Ehlers is comparable production wise. Point’s had a great season but again the recency bias on here is comical. Larkin wasn’t great until last year...go ahead and shoot me that list.

1. Pasta
2. Drai
3. Ekblad
4. Point
5. Larkin

You can go ahead and let your Toronto bias get in the way all you want, but that's pretty well established now. Point and Ekblad may be flipped now, either way, Nylander doesn't crack that group currently.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
I also like how, "Drai without McDavid isn't that great" even though he produces significantly higher than Nylander playing with Auston Matthews. Poor Willie... If only he could get a decent linemate he'd show us all. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad