Better player?

• Point

• Nylander

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CuriousGeorge

Jun 8, 2007
Who is the better player? Nearly identical points per game totals, and both very talented young players.
You should have had an 'equal' option because they are nearly identical points per game totals, and both very talented young players.

olli

Unregistered User
Dec 2, 2016
cÃnÃdÃ
Point. He plays C, is better defensively and has better offensive number this year with worse linemates.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
Point. He plays C, is better defensively and has better offensive number this year with worse linemates.
This is a myth. Nylander is a better possession player both in terms of raw numbers and relative to team, has a superior GF%, relGF%, and a better xGF%. He's really underrated defensively.

thelittlecoon

ELIAS PETTERSSON
Jun 19, 2017
Vancouver
This is a myth. Nylander is a better possession player both in terms of raw numbers and relative to team, has a superior GF%, relGF%, and a better xGF%. He's really underrated defensively.
C'mon man Nylander probably doesn't get a lick of PK time whereas Point is one of their top penalty killers. You can't argue who's better defensively, it's Point and it's not particularly close.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
What does his usage look like? Because Point gets very difficult defensive matchups...

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
C'mon man Nylander probably doesn't get a lick of PK time whereas Point is one of their top penalty killers. You can't argue who's better defensively, it's Point and it's not particularly close.

That means nothing to the Leafs. Matthews and Kadri are both very good defensively and average 0:00 of PK time between them. We play our fourth liners and Hyman on the PK. Babs doesn't want stars blocking shots and getting in passing lanes when Dominic Moore can do the exact same thing.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Point is deployed as the top shutdown unit and is on our top pk unit at the same time producing .89 ppg, not close. Love how leafs fans don't even have an argument they'll just play the pity card as if Nylander shouldn't be losing.

Fear

Nov 17, 2014
Nylander's a possession beast, and I could care less about Point playing on Tampa's awful PK. Gimme Nylander

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Nylander's a possession beast, and I could care less about Point playing on Tampa's awful PK. Gimme Nylander

He rides Matthews coat tails of course he gets good posssession numbers, yet still doesn't outproduce Point

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
He rides Matthews coat tails of course he gets good posssession numbers, yet still doesn't outproduce Point
He also had godly possession numbers in 2015-2016 when he centered Colin Greening and Parenteau. Why do people talk about stuff they don't know about?

Cleatus

Nov 21, 2008
Calgary, AB, CAN
Geez, if Point can keep this up, that’s another crazy draft steal for Tampa Bay.

Edge definitely goes to Point right now, but Nylander’s finding his game and looks pretty deadly as well.

As much as Nylander and Matthews work well together, I really hope Babcock moves him to center one of these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad