Podcasts

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
not a very fair comparison but I agree since the move JRE has not had the same quality guests but I think that has to do primarily with covid.
Tyson went on his show and bitched him out. Shit was kinda funny lmao.

And yeah idk, I just ain’t bout to do the whole Spotify thing, so he’s kinda done for me. It was nice while it lasted.

Tyson is a rapist, f*** that guy
Yeah, probably, idc though.

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
bump.

just wanted to see what people are listening to and what they would recommend. my favorites right now are

the monday morning podcast - comedian bill burr rants about everything.
taste buds - comedians sal vulcano and joe derosa argue about what food is better in a head to head battle.
under the infulence with terry o'reilly - an ad man gives a behind the scenes look at the advertising world. often touches on sports and entertainment.

Reactions: itsjustsurvival

itsjustsurvival

Sponsor
Mar 30, 2006
richmond, virginia.
bump.

just wanted to see what people are listening to and what they would recommend. my favorites right now are

taste buds - comedians sal vulcano and joe derosa argue about what food is better in a head to head battle.
under the infulence with terry o'reilly - an ad man gives a behind the scenes look at the advertising world. often touches on sports and entertainment.
Good bump, I'll definitely check some of these out.

Aside from like 10 hockey centric ones, I really enjoy:

Hardcore History - Dan Carlin - most people know about this one. He puts so much work into the topics. Love his delivery, outlooks, and interpretations.

Chris DeMakes a Podcast - Chris DeMakes from the band Less than Jake invites guests on for very detailed deep dives on the writing and recording of songs. While skewing more to the world of punk rock adjacent bands, there is a range of genres and levels of popularity. Some bands that have been featured: Alkaline Trio, Cheap Trick, Blink 182, The Vandals, Sugar Ray, Gaslight Anthem, Twisted Sister, Jawbreaker, Run DMC, Gin Blossoms

Going Off Track - Benny Horowitz of the Gaslight Anthem hosts a fun casual podcast focused on music, but also a ton of random things as well.

The Fighter Pilot Podcast is a really good one for military aviation. It also spawned one of my favorites:

The F-14 Tomcast - 26 episodes dedicated to taking an in depth look at the iconic naval fighter.

10 Percent True - Tales from the Cockpit - Another really great look into the world of military aviation. If anyone is an aviation nerd and wants to hear about things like: the current air war over Ukraine, F-15E deployment in Kosovo, Wild Weasel stories.

Reactions: dirtydanglez

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
Good bump, I'll definitely check some of these out.

Aside from like 10 hockey centric ones, I really enjoy:

Hardcore History - Dan Carlin - most people know about this one. He puts so much work into the topics. Love his delivery, outlooks, and interpretations.

Chris DeMakes a Podcast - Chris DeMakes from the band Less than Jake invites guests on for very detailed deep dives on the writing and recording of songs. While skewing more to the world of punk rock adjacent bands, there is a range of genres and levels of popularity. Some bands that have been featured: Alkaline Trio, Cheap Trick, Blink 182, The Vandals, Sugar Ray, Gaslight Anthem, Twisted Sister, Jawbreaker, Run DMC, Gin Blossoms

Going Off Track - Benny Horowitz of the Gaslight Anthem hosts a fun casual podcast focused on music, but also a ton of random things as well.

The Fighter Pilot Podcast is a really good one for military aviation. It also spawned one of my favorites:

The F-14 Tomcast - 26 episodes dedicated to taking an in depth look at the iconic naval fighter.

10 Percent True - Tales from the Cockpit - Another really great look into the world of military aviation. If anyone is an aviation nerd and wants to hear about things like: the current air war over Ukraine, F-15E deployment in Kosovo, Wild Weasel stories.
i like dan carlin. his podcast is a good way to kill half a day.

if you like the military and history you should check out 'the history of ww2 podcast by ray harris. if i remember right the sound quality starts out pretty low but the content of the podcast is great.

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
My List:

The Journal. - The Wall Street Journal's daily podcast on business, politics, culture, current events, etc. They cover a lot of ground in 15 minutes and are a great mix of boots on the ground reporting and nuanced insight. They take a pretty fair and measured approach to stories as well.

The Prof G Pod - Hosted by Scott Galloway, a professor at the NYU Stern School of Business and a serial entrepreneur. He breaks down complex business stories in an approachable manner and has some great political takes, particularly when he explores what it masculinity looks like today. His humor isn't for everyone, and as a legitimate expert in marketing I sometimes wonder if he believes what he's saying or if he just knows what to say, but this is a weekly listen for me.

How I Built This - An interview-based show in which the host sits down with various self-made entrepreneurs and start-up founders. If you're into business or entrepreneurship this is a really entertaining one to subscribe to, even if he doesn't really dive into what it takes to run a business day to day. It's really more of a storytime hour than an informative business pod, but there's nothing wrong with a unique voice capturing a great story.

Masters in Business - I'll listen to this when I run out of the other ones, but still worthy of a shot. The host is a blowhard, but at least he's a well qualified one and can run a great show. This one actually will teach you a fair bit of business management even if you start to lose interest relatively quickly.

And now for two screwball choices:

Spittin Chiclets - I don't need to describe this one on a hockey message board, but it's my favorite pod of all time.

Beyond Yacht Rock - Yacht Rock was a silly (but superbly well written and creative) webseries in the mid 2000s, and its creators sat down to create this pod in the mid 2010s. A really humorous music podcast with some actual insight, mixed in with a bunch of dumb guy jokes and some super hot takes you'd expect to see on HF's main board but scoped to popular music. The most charming thing about this podcast is the camaraderie and chemistry of the hosts - they're the kind of group you'd love to grab a beer with, even if you'd walk away wondering what mean things they'd say about you as soon as you left the bar.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
The Rest is History---UK #9 podcast---DEEEEP dive into history
The Rest is Politics---UK #2 podcast---Great podcast with 2 former gov't ministers/spokesman
BBC Sounds----another amazing source for historical podcasts
Podcasts about "Survivor"

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2008
Legion of "Skunks" for edgy comedy
Local football podcasts
Ringer Prestige podcast for TLOU and Succession recaps

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
bump.

I've been listening to under the influence for years and it is great. It's not a podcast though but a show funded by the CBC.

Part of the problem (Libertarian view of democracy)

The Golden Hour (2 comics and a wanna be rip each other over dumb shit but really funny)

Joe Rogan Experience

Kill Tony (amateur comedians get 1 minute to tell some joke and spend the 5 minutes getting made fun of by the hosts and guest)

Legion of "Skunks" for edgy comedy
Local football podcasts
Ringer Prestige podcast for TLOU and Succession recaps
Skanks is a bad word?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad