Podcasts

Sep 19, 2008
Podcast Addict and Podcast Republic are fine on android or even apple.

Listen to Puck Soup and maybe Spittin' Chiclets for hockey

Listen to Bill Burr for comedy and Robert Kelley and LOS :naughty:

Reactions: Franson

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Sampled a few of the ones suggested, gonna give Complete Guide to Everything, and How Did This Get Made a try. Also downloaded Against the Rules with Michel Lewis (Moneyball, Blindside, The Big Sick Author) and Sincast, since I do love Cinema Sins on youtube.

Pugs35

Jul 11, 2006
PA
I use Pocket Casts on Android and I really like it. I also listen to too many podcasts but the top non-sports ones for me are:

My Favorite Murder
Myths and Legends
The Dollop (mentioned above)
Our Fake History
Lore

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Against the Rules, only 6 episodes so far, was great, kind of touched on sports, politics, and pop culture at times, pretty much a look at society in general, was very good would recommend.

Listened to 4 or 5 How Did This Get Made's, very interested so far, will continue to listen.

Reactions: Gordon Lightfoot

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
Sampled a few of the ones suggested, gonna give Complete Guide to Everything, and How Did This Get Made a try. Also downloaded Against the Rules with Michel Lewis (Moneyball, Blindside, The Big Sick Author) and Sincast, since I do love Cinema Sins on youtube.

Just a quick correction, you mean the Big Short most likely. For How Did This Get Made, as an intro to that one, best to find a movie you've seen before, but it's not required. Also, the episodes done in a live audience setting are better than in studio. The epissoe descriptions usually provide that info.

One of my favorite ones from the past year is where they get into the Look Who's Talking movies, which I remember watching as a kid and liking well enough, but hilarious to go back and see it discussed through a different lens today.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Some of my favs

Rob Has a Pod Cast/Post Show Recaps - Reality & Scripted TV podcasts. Rob is a machine.

Film Junk - Weekly movie podcast.

Podabing - The Sopranos podcast, reviewing every episode

Sword and Scale - True Crime podcast

Saturday Night Movie Sleepovers - rewatches of older popular movies

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Spittin Chiclets
Fore Play

My two I listen to regularly. Chiclets is all time, some people won't like it and will think it's too 'bro' like, but some of the guests and stories they have are amazing. Ryan Whitney is a funny f***er, Biz is absolutely ridiculous and RA is such a strange addition to those two that it just works. Fore Play is good for a different golf angle where you see some regular guys talking about golf and interviewing some good golfers.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I really only listen to How Did This Get Made and Puck Soup.

Wouldn't mind to expand a bit, especially since my new job is going to have me in my car instead of the train (so more time for listening instead of reading).

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Just started listening to The Great Albums, and I'm hooked. Though the very first episode I listened to (Radiohead - OK Computer) is there last episode, at least for the time being, I'm happy to see they have a rather large back catalog to work through. Anyone familiar with this one? Will probably only listen to episodes about albums I am familiar with and really enjoy.

Last edited:

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Ralph Report
Hollywood Babble-on
Fatman Beyond
TESD
Armchair Expert
Conan Needs a Friend

those are the ones I listen to every episode of. theres some others I like though

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
Mine:

CUPodcast - Pat Control and Ian Ferguson talking video games. Pat was NES Punk

Talking Simpsons, Retronauts, What A Cartoon - all the same guys. What a Cartoon is the best. Goes into on depth details about 80s/90s cartoons

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
I like the Conan podcast and that new Nameless one but they have too much celeb circle-jerking and behind-the-scenes celeb stuff for me to fully get into.

The one I'm listening to these days is a film podcast with this Brit Brett Goldstein. I was on the lookout for a film podcast where they discuss multiple films rather than just an episode focused on one or two films so this suits the bill for the most part depending on the guest.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Recently started listening to The Fall of Rome since for some reason I seem to be obsessed with Roman history (I blame Dan Carlin and Mike Duncan) and it's pretty good. Also for any wrestling fans I would recommend What Happened When. The repoire Conrad and Schiavonne have is sometimes downright hilarious.

crazychimp

Jun 24, 2014
Vancouver
I enjoy the podcasts comedians put out, they have really good conversations with their guests.

Joe Rogan
Bad Friends
Whisky Ginger
Your Mom's House
Theo Von
Tigerbelly
Bill Burr
Tim Dillon
Bert Kreischer

I like H3, Hotboxin' with Mike Tyson & what ever crime podcasts that sounds interesting as well.

I was listening to the Roy Jones Jr. on Joe Rogan's podcast today, he talks about his relationship with his father and how he developed his style from watching roosters fighting each other as a kid. Always interesting to listen to the GOATS talk and how the perceive things.

Another good one is the episode with Francis Ngannou on Hot Boxin' with Mike Tyson. This guy came from nothing and started combat at a late age he is now THE scariest heavyweight in MMA.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad