Podcasts

crazychimp

Jun 24, 2014
Vancouver
The way you worded your post made it seem like you never heard the word podcast before. Someone posted the wikipedia link, you should check it out.:thumbu: I'll also vouch for Hardcore History and Rogans podcast. Something Else To Wrestle With is a great podcast about pro wrestling. Bruce Pritchard who was one of Vince Mcmahons right hand guys for 20 plus years talks about behind the scenes happenings during his time at WWF/WWE.

This sounds interesting, I was really into it in the attitude era during the war between WWF & WCW. Any episodes you recommend in particular?

Also if you haven't seen it, Dark Side of The Ring is super interesting. It's a 2 season docuseries. Two episodes I found super interesting were the Owen Hart and Vince Russo's Brawl for All ones (hint* Russo is a d***).

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
I enjoy the podcasts comedians put out, they have really good conversations with their guests.

Joe Rogan
Bad Friends
Whisky Ginger
Your Mom's House
Theo Von
Tigerbelly
Bill Burr
Tim Dillon
Bert Kreischer

I like H3, Hotboxin' with Mike Tyson & what ever crime podcasts that sounds interesting as well.

I was listening to the Roy Jones Jr. on Joe Rogan's podcast today, he talks about his relationship with his father and how he developed his style from watching roosters fighting each other as a kid. Always interesting to listen to the GOATS talk and how the perceive things.

Another good one is the episode with Francis Ngannou on Hot Boxin' with Mike Tyson. This guy came from nothing and started combat at a late age he is now THE scariest heavyweight in MMA.
King & the Sting
Fight & the Kid(with Bryan Callen)
Bad Friends
Something's Burning
Kill Tony
Joe Rogan Experience

These are my favs.

DaBadGuy316

May 26, 2007
VanCity
This sounds interesting, I was really into it in the attitude era during the war between WWF & WCW. Any episodes you recommend in particular?

Also if you haven't seen it, Dark Side of The Ring is super interesting. It's a 2 season docuseries. Two episodes I found super interesting were the Owen Hart and Vince Russo's Brawl for All ones (hint* Russo is a d***).

Loved Dark Side of The Ring, glad theres going to be a season 3. As for the Pritchard podcast there is so many good ones. Heres a list,

https://www.you tube.com/playlist?list=PL8uLTZRU0lFXd4_JmnGG92I36j6Wza0a3

A lot of good ones on the attitude era, great one on that dick Russo. Theres ones on some of the more well known PPVs, some on certain wrestlers specific years(the ones on Shawn Michaels 1993, and then another one on HBKs 94/95. Bret Hart, the Rock, Goldust so many more. The Razor Ramon one was good). The one on the Canadian Stampede was great. The Montreal Screwjob was awesome. I can go on all night. The first one was about Dusty in the WWF and I was hooked. Its different now because Pritchard is back working for the WWE but the earlier ones he was more open. Take a look at the list, a lot of attitude era stuff.

crazychimp

Jun 24, 2014
Vancouver
Loved Dark Side of The Ring, glad theres going to be a season 3. As for the Pritchard podcast there is so many good ones. Heres a list,

https://www.you tube.com/playlist?list=PL8uLTZRU0lFXd4_JmnGG92I36j6Wza0a3

A lot of good ones on the attitude era, great one on that dick Russo. Theres ones on some of the more well known PPVs, some on certain wrestlers specific years(the ones on Shawn Michaels 1993, and then another one on HBKs 94/95. Bret Hart, the Rock, Goldust so many more. The Razor Ramon one was good). The one on the Canadian Stampede was great. The Montreal Screwjob was awesome. I can go on all night. The first one was about Dusty in the WWF and I was hooked. Its different now because Pritchard is back working for the WWE but the earlier ones he was more open. Take a look at the list, a lot of attitude era stuff.
I didn't know there was going to be a season 3!

I think I'll start from the Montreal screwjob, that's around the time when I started watching as a kid, thank you!

Reactions: DaBadGuy316

Blueblood9

Dec 11, 2011
Nashville, TN
For anyone a fan of the show Scrubs Fake Doctor, Real Friends with Zach Braff and Donald Faison is awesome. It a mix of a rewatch pod cast with behind the scenes stories. They also get the other costars from the show on. I may be biased because scrubs is one of my favorite shows.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I used to listen to Hardcore History but I had trouble following the stories. I had the same issue with audiobooks. Clearly that’s on me.

I’m really into the following ones:

The Complete Guide to Everything (comedy)
Uhh Yeah Dude
Against the Rules
Reply All
Decoder Ring
Political Gabfest
WTF

I had to unsubscribe from some because I just had too much and still do, but those are generally my favorites.
I think you were the one who mentioned uhh yeah dude a few years ago! It must have been as it's pretty small and niche, I started listening 4 years ago and never stopped, they're great!

Uhh Yeah Dude is my contribution to this list.

Reactions: Gordon Lightfoot
Sep 19, 2008
History Hyenas is pretty hilarious with Yannis Pappas and Chrissie D.

Wonder if Dillon still has a podcast. His old podcast "Tim Dillon is going to Hell" used to be on GaS digital.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
I think you were the one who mentioned uhh yeah dude a few years ago! It must have been as it's pretty small and niche, I started listening 4 years ago and never stopped, they're great!

Uhh Yeah Dude is my contribution to this list.

Its pretty funny, glad you like it. My favorite comedy podcast remains The Complete Guide to Everything

Reactions: ucanthanzalthetruth

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Joe Rogan podcast is by far the most interesting. At almost 10 million subs on youtube it crazy. Last summer he had 5.5 million. I just hope when the show is exclusive to Spotify that it doesn't lose any steam.

Sep 19, 2008
YKWD is okay but Robert's friends get irritating after a while. I had to listen on 1.5 speed cause I was stuck on the same podcast for several weeks.

Pandemic has really cut down on my podcast listening. But Legion of S is the funniest one by far. Would highly recommend, although it is a lot of cringe comedy too. LoS received a glowing review from Mr. Rogan too who said they brought a type of cringe comedy that we need in these times.

iu

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
YKWD is okay but Robert's friends get irritating after a while. I had to listen on 1.5 speed cause I was stuck on the same podcast for several weeks.

Pandemic has really cut down on my podcast listening. But Legion of S is the funniest one by far. Would highly recommend, although it is a lot of cringe comedy too. LoS received a glowing review from Mr. Rogan too who said they brought a type of cringe comedy that we need in these times.

iu

Not a big fan of cringy humour. I do listen to Dave Smith's podcast though from time to time.

End on a Hinote

Registered Abuser
Aug 22, 2011
Northern British Columbia
Recently listened to Smartless and that was pretty good. Jason Bateman, Will Arnett and Sean Hayes in one room. How great is that?

Used to listen to The Dave Ramsey Show for some financial tips but stopped after I didn't agree with some of his strategies that he continually preached. But overall he's really good if your looking for some guidance on the subject

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
I find it crazy that The Last Podcast on the Left was only mentioned once in these 2.5 pages! I listen to a lot of podcasts and it is, hands down, my favorite. Highly recommend this podcast if you are interested in true crime, cults, paranormal, serial killers, etc. Just a warning though, it can get pretty gruesome. Hosts work extremely well together and, IMO, it's perfect mix of information and humor.

Honorable mentions: The Dollop, Hardcore History, Rome, Comedy Bang Bang, The Glass Canon, Mysterious Universe ... I could go on!

But seriously, check out Last Podcast on the Left.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Recently listened to Smartless and that was pretty good. Jason Bateman, Will Arnett and Sean Hayes in one room. How great is that?

I’ve listened to a few of them. Very enjoyable. I like how one of them brings the guest on and the other two don’t know who it is until the guest arrives. Arnett and Bateman are so funny together, and then you throw Hayes in, and it’s pretty damn good. Probably my favourite podcast at the moment.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
The History Unplugged podcast is great if you're into that. It's done by two university history professors. They've done deep dives into certain topics; my favorite one so far is their civil war battles series. It's like taking a free university level history elective with two really great professors. Right now they're doing a WW1 series, there's about ten episodes so far.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Everytime Rogan has Donnell Rawlings on he always takes over the show with little to say. Nice to see Chappelle on though. Hopefully Donnell isn't on with him. He ruined the RZA interview.

Reactions: Upgrayedd

frisco

Some people claim that there's a woman to blame...
Sep 14, 2017
Northern Hemisphere
What the heck is a "podcast"?
Fifty years ago and before friends would meet over coffee and just shoot the breeze to kill time about subjects only the two of them have any interest in.

Then about 30 years ago the same thing happened and but not only were the two friends the ones killing time about inane subjects but suckered listeners in to listen and to phone in regarding said subjects and hence talk radio was formed.

Now, true entrepreneurs tape their own musings on irrelevant life subjects either solo or as a conversation with a friend. They record these and put them on the internet. People with many hours of time on their hands a time tune in. These are the podcasts of which we speak.

Now at their core, they help time fill (kill) hours of people's days. Days being 24 hours long and people only capable of two or three hours of productive work listen to as many of these as to waste the rest of their waking hours.

My Best-Carey

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
Everytime Rogan has Donnell Rawlings on he always takes over the show with little to say. Nice to see Chappelle on though. Hopefully Donnell isn't on with him. He ruined the RZA interview.
The only time I’ve enjoyed Donnell on JRE was when he destroyed Charlamagne. That shit had me rolling.

But he for real took over that RZA podcast like a total buffoon, like how much self awareness does the guy lack to think we wanna hear him over RZA?

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
That Joe Rogan podcast is basically talk radio for stoners. It makes me feel stupider than I do when I listen to talk radio.

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
Hotboxing with Mike Tyson is the best on youtube right now. Guy has been through highs and lows only imaginable to regular humans and loves asking philosophical questions. Great stuff.

Love seeing black superstars being forced to discuss philosophy, he had Akon on recently and it was great. I really think Mike is almost actualized.

JRE lost me soon as they went to Spotify, and the last clip I saw was one of the most annoying guests ever.

vs

No contest for me.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Hotboxing with Mike Tyson is the best on youtube right now. Guy has been through highs and lows only imaginable to regular humans and loves asking philosophical questions. Great stuff.

Love seeing black superstars being forced to discuss philosophy, he had Akon on recently and it was great. I really think Mike is almost actualized.

JRE lost me soon as they went to Spotify, and the last clip I saw was one of the most annoying guests ever.

vs

No contest for me.

not a very fair comparison but I agree since the move JRE has not had the same quality guests but I think that has to do primarily with covid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad