GDT: PO Game 1: Columbus at Pittsburgh | 4/16 7:30PM EDT

nhldiedinthe90s*

who farted lol
Sep 23, 2013
Lotta good signs. We come out of Pitt 1:1 and it's a huge victory for us.

A lot to talk about...bottom line, Bob's gotta be better for us to have a chance.

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
Tonight was definitely a missed opportunity. I'm certainly not happy about that.

However, we're definitely not out of our league against these guys; this is still a winnable series for our team.

yeah Matty, thats pretty much where I am at. We could have had a W tonight, we played well. Bob not going to allow that 4th goal very often, definitely a C performance in net. That being said, we got away from our game in the 3rd. Like Blahblah said, guys like Jenner need dump more, stick handle less. Calvert played his game to a tee, Jenner should follow suit.

Physically, we can dominate these guys IF we get an orderly dump and forecheck going. In the open ice, they are substantially better than we are.

Jack came to play, regardless of how this series goes, he's going to leave some Penguins bruised and battered.

99 CBJ

Mar 7, 2009
Columbus
While Boll was out injured our 4th line was dangerous and putting up points, but with him in the lineup they are just 4th line checkers. We need Faligno back soon, him coming back late at the start of the season after his child's surgery IMO is what turned the season around from the start.

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina
Also need more from Johansen. Your best players have to be your best players. Anybody else notice his big exhale during the National Anthem? He definitely had major nerves. Now he has that out of the way and he can get back to playing hockey.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
[NHL]2013030131-353-h[/NHL]

Look at this Jokinen goal again. What the hell happened here, how did Bob miss it playing the puck behind the net, and MOST importantly, how did Tyutin completely flub it when it got to him? The hell? It's the little things like this.

Nordique

Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
While Boll was out injured our 4th line was dangerous and putting up points, but with him in the lineup they are just 4th line checkers. We need Faligno back soon, him coming back late at the start of the season after his child's surgery IMO is what turned the season around from the start.

I don't think Boll has been bad since returning, but I agree with you that Tropp and Skille bring more offensively to the table, and certainly Comeau does. The 4th line you are referring to had Dmac and Letestu on it at that time, when RJU and Foligno get back, we may see that 4th line reunited.

Letestu-Dmac-Comeau

Thats like a 3rd line on a lot of good teams. You have Dmac with a 24 goal scorer on one side, and the team's leading goal scorer from last season on the other. We roll 4 strong lines when thats the case.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Another positive: Fleury still wasn't good tonight and when we were on the Pens we beat him almost every time. I can't think of one save he made where I thought to myself "Man, that should have been a goal."

Nordique

Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
[NHL]2013030131-353-h[/NHL]

Look at this Jokinen goal again. What the hell happened here, how did Bob miss it playing the puck behind the net, and MOST importantly, how did Tyutin completely flub it when it got to him? The hell? It's the little things like this.

yeah, Pitt didn't really impress me until some of those stretches in the 3rd, and late 2nd period. We can win this series, I'm certain of that.

CaliBuck

Nov 15, 2008
Pickerington, OH
This might sound lame to some....but tonight, I was very proud of the Jackets. During the game, I reflected upon all the tough years and as I watched this team work their tail off, I realized that they have finally made it. They belong. They can play with the Penguins. The future is super bright. If we win this series, great. If not, it's not the end of the world either. This franchise has arrived and can compete on the big stage with the big boys.

For that, I am happy and proud of the franchise. The Jackets are here to stay, folks.

On another note, I found out this week I'm moving back to Columbus after being in California for the last 14 years. Season tickets, here I come!

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Shawn Mitchell ‏@smitchcd 3m

#Pens were 7-16 on faceoffs in first period (30 percent). They finished game 40-31 (56 percent). #CBJ

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Shawn Mitchell ‏@smitchcd 3m

#Pens were 7-16 on faceoffs in first period (30 percent). They finished game 40-31 (56 percent). #CBJ

Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline 2m

#CBJ won 16 of 23 faceoffs in the first; then went 15 of 48 the final two periods.

Kev22

Feb 19, 2003
Plain City, OH
Visit site
Biggest issue with Jenner. He has to realize he is more valuable dumping it in and getting on the forecheck than stick handling across the blueline - even if he has the chance and succeeds in skating the puck across the zone (unless it's an odd-man rush).

His best asset is getting the defender turned and pressuring the puck. Over the course of the game that wears the team down and makes the defense nervous. He also generates more chances that way.

When he tries to stick handle his way through a defender, he's playing into what the Pens want. They want to play him in the open ice - not along the boards.

I would tell him that he owes 100 push-ups every time (of whatever hockey equivalent they have) he tries to skate the puck into the zone if it's not on an odd-man rush.

He's a force, but we want his physical play after shift. Not a simple stick check and the puck moving the other direction.

What are you Lou Brown with Willy Mays Hayes? While I don't disagree with your point, I would love to see a professional coach try to get a player to do 100 push ups for not doing something properly.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline 2m

#CBJ won 16 of 23 faceoffs in the first; then went 15 of 48 the final two periods.

Sounds about right. I firmly believe this, not this play or that player, was the major issue tonight. It'll get better. It must.

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
ด็็็็็้้้้้็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้༼◉Д◉༽ด็็็็็้้้้้็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้ GO TEAM ด็็็็็้้้้้็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้༼◉Д◉༽ด็็็็็้้้้้็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้

updated avatar to signify my suport

EDIT: i drew it myself #sorry if it is #ugly

Kev22

Feb 19, 2003
Plain City, OH
Visit site
They played alright tonight. They played hard, physical and didn't quit. They did give this game away though. Two big keys to this series are they've got to stay out of the box and they can't turn the puck over. The Pens made us pay for our mistakes. The biggest key is that we have to have Vezina caliber goaltending and we didn't get that tonight. Hopefully they regroup and take it to them on Saturday.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
What are you Lou Brown with Willy Mays Hayes? While I don't disagree with your point, I would love to see a professional coach try to get a player to do 100 push ups for not doing something properly.

I don't care what he does. Reduce ice-time, whatever. You have to get the message across - sometimes that simple good-natured embarrassment in front of the other players. My statement was a bit facetious obviously.

For the record, I wouldn't doubt that head coaches see something in practice they don't like they get extra drills (actually we've seen that before with Jackets head coaches). Wouldn't be surprised if a player or two gets picked out.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
no worires boys go get em #nexttime (game 2)

#colombia vs #satincrosby iceteam

#goblujacks

I've figured out what you're going for, but if you want to be a tr00 bandwagoner, gotta go on the face book page and say that we would have won I we had a captain.

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
I've figured out what you're going for, but if you want to be a tr00 bandwagoner, gotta go on the face book page and say that we would have won I we had a captain.

that is shocking b/c i dont even know wat i am going for

we would hav won if we had a captin

ann arbor is a #*****

jackets4life

Jan 16, 2013
Section 203
Always a mystery with Richards.

The only thing I would do, for certain, is take out Savard for Schultz.

Agreed on this. Savard had a weak outing. Prout has kind of been on their **** list lately so it will presumably be Schultz. I think if he gets the lineup tinkering just right we could very well be looking at a game 2 victory.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
This might sound lame to some....but tonight, I was very proud of the Jackets. During the game, I reflected upon all the tough years and as I watched this team work their tail off, I realized that they have finally made it. They belong. They can play with the Penguins. The future is super bright. If we win this series, great. If not, it's not the end of the world either. This franchise has arrived and can compete on the big stage with the big boys.

For that, I am happy and proud of the franchise. The Jackets are here to stay, folks.

On another note, I found out this week I'm moving back to Columbus after being in California for the last 14 years. Season tickets, here I come!

Welcome home!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad