Post-Game Talk: PO #6 | Penguins 8, Flyers 5 | All irritating seasons must come to an end...

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Credit to 1C and 1MCL Sean Couturier.......literally only Sean Couturier......for making this a winnable game 6. Per usual, Hakstol almost got bailed out by his best players before his f*** ups got the best of this team.

I know this isn't happening; I know he'll return from Beettopia this summer claiming to have learned from his mistakes; but if Hakstol isn't gone this off-season and serious changes made -- PROACTIVE smart changes, not wait too late reactive dumb ones -- I'm sorry, Flyers, but......

DuOaf77.gif

MorgantiDrinksBlood

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
Radko Gudas single handedly cost us this game. If the third goal doesn’t happen at that time we go on to win and none of the rest of the bull**** happens.

Talk about refs and Provy and the rest as much as you like, but Gudas ended a terrible season by costing us a two goal lead in an elimination game with his own pointless incompetence and he should pay for that with his job.

Look, even if it doesn't happen, Hak gonna Hak and we are less talented then the Pens, our window opens next year.. Patrick is going to be a monster. Let's step back and see things realistically

RonHextall27

Mar 12, 2008
Halifax, NS
Roller coaster game was basically the regular season compressed into 60 minutes. Moments of brilliance and domination, followed up by really really bad play, great saves and bad goals. It really did sum up the whole season perfectly.

We can only hope that the dead weight is cut loose, the prospects take an even bigger role, the coach gets sent packing, and somewhere a goalie steps up and solidifies that position once and for all.

MorgantiDrinksBlood

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
Credit to Sean Couturier.......literally only Sean Couturier......for making this a winnable game 6. Per usual, Hakstol almost got bailed out by his best players before his **** ups got the best of this team.

I know this isn't happening; I know he'll return from Beettopia this summer claiming to have learned a lot; but if Hakstol isn't gone this off-season and serious changes made -- PROACTIVE smart changes, not wait too late reactive dumb ones -- I'm sorry, Flyers, but......

DuOaf77.gif

I have never seen any performance in my life where I thought a guy deserved to take the C from anyone in my life. Coots 4 C

Reactions: CarolinaFlyerFan

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia
Too funny. Because Philly has so much more coming through. And I'm not even saying NJ is superior. But Philly certainly is no better that's for damn sure.
You're just as delusional as the rest of the NJ board. Flyers outclass the Devils in players in their prime and the future isn't even close. The Devils won't be making the playoffs again for a while, yet traded picks for scrubs at the deadline. You had a nice hot streak in the beginning of the season and backed into the playoffs. When reality sets in next year, I'm sure Hall will be thrilled to re-sign on a team with no future. :laugh:

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Giroux was definitely not good, but saying he’s horrible and can’t perform in the playoffs is an idiotic exaggeration.

Couturier had an awesome game. Decent series overall.

Ghost was pretty terrible

Voracek was also terrible.

Filppula got used at 1C, matched against Crosby... and abused. Trash player. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him in Europe next year.

Patrick was really good, outside of that 2nd goal today

Provorov was great, outside of that turnover

Sanheim was awesome when he played. Our 2nd best defensemen this series.

Gudas is lost since his balls were removed.

Manning and Hagg are both AHLers

MacDonald being on the top pair is a joke. Still doesn’t know how to play a 1v2 to save his life.

Elliott was a joke all series.

Neuvirth was really good overall in game 5, not good today.

And Hakstol deserves the majority of blame for that abomination. The players didn’t perform great overall, but they never had a real chance. He basically made the entire roster worse with his adjustments and the ONLY thing he didn’t change was the Manning-Gudas pairing.

Also, I’m going to mercilessly mock anyone who uses +/- so be warned and use your head instead.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad