Post-Game Talk: PO #2 | FLYERS 5 at Penguins 1 | Fri., April 13, 2018, 7:00 pm ET

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
This is really annoying the **** out of me so I'm going to ask again without using funny nicknames: What did Manning and Hornqvist do to get misconduct penalties? They didn't show anything on TV but after-party chirping and then Hornqvist leaving the ice pissed off.

Hornqvist apparently checked Giroux & Manning hooked him with his stick to get his attention while Hornqvist was skating away. It was all out of camera view on the live feed. They didn’t show the hit but Pierre was going nuts about it. They did show a replay of what Manning did though.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia

now this is dirty as fudge. So i have seen from letang 1 dirty play. And an ill advised fight with kimmo which benefited us. I hate the pens i really do, but letang is like number 10 on their roster of dirty pllayers . Crosby, malking, Hornqvist, sheary, rust, are way way more dirty.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
Hornqvist apparently checked Giroux & Manning hooked him with his stick to get his attention while Hornqvist was skating away. It was all out of camera view on the live feed. They didn’t show the hit but Pierre was going nuts about it. They did show a replay of what Manning did though.
I did see the replay of the little hook but I thought you had to pretty much punch out a ref or get in multiple fights to get a misconduct.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Seems like there had to be more on Manning's part that isn't seen to warrant a misconduct, but clearly the refs were fed up with Hornqvist's chickenshit act and had probably warned him multiple times before that.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I did see the replay of the little hook but I thought you had to pretty much punch out a ref or get in multiple fights to get a misconduct.

It’s at the ref’s discretion in general but in that situation where it was late in the game & a multi goal lead it’s not uncommon to see a ref just start tossing player’s they find to be a nuisance to avoid further/bigger problems.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Seems like there had to be more on Manning's part that isn't seen to warrant a misconduct, but clearly the refs were fed up with Hornqvist's chicken**** act and had probably warned him multiple times before that.

it was 4-1 game was over, they nor anyone else wants another 2012. Smart move to get both of those pot stirrers off the ice.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
It’s at the ref’s discretion in general but in that situation where it was late in the game & a multi goal lead it’s not uncommon to see a ref just start tossing player’s they find to be a nuisance to avoid further/bigger problems.
OK, thanks a lot for the explanation. I thought misconducts were much more serious and could lead to fines.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Malkin & Hornqvist are still morons but the rest of the Pens aren’t like they used to be under Bylsma & Johnston.

amen. Remember it was cooke, asham, neal, and orpik. Now its just malkin and hornqvist, that being said we did see crosby lose his cool a bit in that game and in the post conference. I would not be surprised if he embarrasses himself again by the end of this series.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
no he won't and that is why we will win. The flyers don't get caught up in these battle of egos. However the pens never allow their bravado to take a hit, and that is why we will win as well
I think this has a lot to do with it. They feel entitled to every PP and every chance so when they don’t get it they do what babies do. I would assume it comes from drafting Sid and being conditioned that way from all the calls going their way. That said, the penalty they called for our first goal was a horrible horrible call and obviously influenced the game a lot. I would be pissed too. Even if I just got all the calls the last 10 years and the rest of the calls that game.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
I think this has a lot to do with it. They feel entitled to every PP and every chance so when they don’t get it they do what babies do. I would assume it comes from drafting Sid and being conditioned that way from all the calls going their way. That said, the penalty they called for our first goal was a horrible horrible call and obviously influenced the game a lot. I would be pissed too. Even if I just got all the calls the last 10 years and the rest of the calls that game.

It has everything to do with it. They have 3-4 superstars that have walked into the league entitled from day 1. We have seen how they react when they don't get their way. First penalty was terrible, however they more than made up for it. They had 4 pp's to our 3. they had plenty of opportunities to get into the game and the flyers out played them at every turn. Their ego is why they lost during the bylsma years. It is rearing it's ugly head in this series, let's see if they go full tilt.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Hornqvist is a big part of that team and pp. scores big goals. I know this is his MO but he went overboard by anyone’s measure yesterday. The flyers should go to that well early and often. Someone should have talked about his play on Patrick in the media and to the refs to get more attention later. I wouldn’t be surprised if he took a run at one of our players. I hope Gudas sets him off with a solid open ice Check to him or his teammates. Preferable Malkin.

Reactions: onlylordsvsmorebp

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad