Post-Game Talk: PO #2 | FLYERS 5 at Penguins 1 | Fri., April 13, 2018, 7:00 pm ET

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Should he have NOT braced himself? :laugh:

My view is that Giroux got hit and his backward momentum was heading toward Letang, so he made the most of it. Whether his split-second thought was "Brace for impact" or "I am going to slam him" is known to Giroux and God alone.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
My view is that Giroux got hit and his backward momentum was heading toward Letang, so he made the most of it. Whether his split-second thought was "Brace for impact" or "I am going to slam him" is known to Giroux and God alone.
It looks like he tried to make contact. It’s not Gs fault he got interfered by Crosby and Letang has the balance of a small child. He should have fallen back, not flipped onto his neck.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

giphy.gif

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
I was reading a bunch of Pens-sided coverage and no one mentioned that Hornqvist was punching a prone player (Patrick) in the head or got a misconduct. It's as if watching that team on a regular basis turns your brains to mush.

BackWithaVengeance

Jan 19, 2008
Germany
I don‘t care if Letang is likeable or not. What I know is he‘s damn important for the Pens. As far as I am concerned the Giroux situation was unintentional and does not deserve a suspension but I do not have to decide. Letang could be hurt and this is the exact reason why they have to hit him even more with LEGAL checks.

He is their undisputed No. 1 d on a so-so blueline and a corner stone on their PP. Making him inefficient will be huge.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Letang has been suspended a couple of times in his career, and should have been suspended for slashing that Ranger in the face a couple of years ago. He's a pretty reckless player at times, and has a tendency to act like an ass. As others have said, I don't feel for a guy like that getting lit up in a freak collision. Kind of like how Penguins fans wouldn't feel bad for someone like Simmonds in a similar situation.

Reactions: Rebels57

FlyerFaithful17

Feb 24, 2015
the comeau and oshie hits are clean as a whistle. The first hit was iffy but imo not predatory.
The first one is absolutely predatory, but my main problem is his stick work throughout his career. I remember in the playoffs against the Rangers a year or so back, he crosschecked someone in the face.

Reactions: onlylordsvsmorebp

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
This is really annoying the shit out of me so I'm going to ask again without using funny nicknames: What did Manning and Hornqvist do to get misconduct penalties? They didn't show anything on TV but after-play chirping and then Hornqvist leaving the ice pissed off.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
This is really annoying the **** out of me so I'm going to ask again without using funny nicknames: What did Manning and Hornqvist do to get misconduct penalties? They didn't show anything on TV but after-play chirping and then Hornqvist leaving the ice pissed off.

This is all I could find

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad