Post-Game Talk: PO #2 | FLYERS 5 at Penguins 1 | Fri., April 13, 2018, 7:00 pm ET

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
OK, thanks a lot for the explanation. I thought misconducts were much more serious and could lead to fines.

Nah it’s just a ten minute misconduct penalty. A match penalty would be assessed on top of it if there was a serious action behind it that the refs felt the league needed to further look into.

This is just another way so the refs can take control of game that is decided late to avoid goonery happening.

Reactions: Amorgus

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
It has everything to do with it. They have 3-4 superstars that have walked into the league entitled from day 1. We have seen how they react when they don't get their way. First penalty was terrible, however they more than made up for it. They had 4 pp's to our 3. they had plenty of opportunities to get into the game and the flyers out played them at every turn. Their ego is why they lost during the bylsma years. It is rearing it's ugly head in this series, let's see if they go full tilt.
Yup. Game 2 could not have gone any better from so many different aspects. The team, players, and fans losing their cool was exactly where you want them to be. We weren’t supposed to beat them in 2012 either, that stuff sticks. We take another game Sunday, I want You Can’t Beat Us chants.

Reactions: onlylordsvsmorebp

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Hornqvist is a big part of that team and pp. scores big goals. I know this is his MO but he went overboard by anyone’s measure yesterday. The flyers should go to that well early and often. Someone should have talked about his play on Patrick in the media and to the refs to get more attention later. I wouldn’t be surprised if he took a run at one of our players. I hope Gudas sets him off with a solid open ice Check to him or his teammates. Preferable Malkin.

He was clearly trying to intimidate Patrick.
I want to see him try to do that to Patrick next year after he has a summer to work out.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Hornqvist is a big part of that team and pp. scores big goals. I know this is his MO but he went overboard by anyone’s measure yesterday. The flyers should go to that well early and often. Someone should have talked about his play on Patrick in the media and to the refs to get more attention later. I wouldn’t be surprised if he took a run at one of our players. I hope Gudas sets him off with a solid open ice Check to him or his teammates. Preferable Malkin.
Isn't Murray coming off a concussion? Why did they let him live through the first two games?

Reactions: tymed

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
He was clearly trying to intimidate Patrick.
I want to see him try to do that to Patrick next year after he has a summer to work out.
I want to see Patrick dominate tomorrow’s game with that as his motivation. He has at least an entire higher level that he can maintain for an entire game that we haven’t seen yet. I think maybe even 2.

Reactions: tymed and Rebels57

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
The first one was no good as he went for the head. The other 2 were great shoulder checks. The fight on timo was cheap but I wouldn’t classify it as dirty. I wouldn’t call Letang dirty personally but I may not be remembering a lot of plays. Has he been suspended?

He was suspended for the hit on Johansson in the Playoffs.

He should have been suspended for that slash too.

Reactions: onlylordsvsmorebp

Foggy14

Sep 13, 2017
Props to Wes McCauley for having the guts, in Pittsburgh, to call Hornqvist for his embellishment on the AMac crosscheck.

It looked like Peel (at center ice) was going to buy what Horny was selling, but McCauley had the better angle and saw what was going on.

Going down two men at that point in the game could have been trouble.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Props to Wes McCauley for having the guts, in Pittsburgh, to call Hornqvist for his embellishment on the AMac crosscheck.

It looked like Peel (at center ice) was going to buy by Horny was selling, but McCauley had the better angle and saw what was going on.

Going down two men at that point in the game could have been trouble.

Peel is the NHLs fixer. Any game hes reffing is sure to be a gong show.

tymed

Jun 11, 2007
British Columbia
Isn't Murray coming off a concussion? Why did they let him live through the first two games?

This is where you come out in the first and throw a cpl bomb slapshots towards his mask on the dump-ins. One solid puck off the bucket is sure to get into his head.

Hell, if you get lucky, Murray pulls a Bryz and ducks outta the way of the puck. 1-0.

phlflyer1

Oct 16, 2007
South Jersey
Hornqvist apparently checked Giroux & Manning hooked him with his stick to get his attention while Hornqvist was skating away.

Pretty sure that "check" was an uncalled Hornqvist charge at Giroux after he played the puck out of the zone along the near boards.

I don't remember the commentators mentioning it as it was just to the right corner of the TV screen as they followed the puck out of the zone but Hornqvist took at least 5-6 strides at full speed and hit Giroux after he had gotten rid of the puck.

Hit sure looked like a charge and I give Manning credit for sticking up for the captain after the non call.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
I don't remember the commentators mentioning it as it was just to the right corner of the TV screen as they followed the puck out of the zone but Hornqvist took at least 5-6 strides at full speed and hit Giroux after he had gotten rid of the puck.
I believe that they did mention it but they didn't replay it. Pitt really has and has had a bunch of rotten players since Crosby showed up. Take any series and they'll try to maim the opposition's better players. So far they've been able to get away with it and not suffered any on ice consequences. There will be a point where they do go after an opponent's star and the retaliation comes back on them. Crosby is one solid hit to the head to becoming Lindros pt. II; Malkin's knees are extremely vulnerable to a heavy slash/hit that could essentially close down his career; Letang could become jello head at any moment, and so forth. Even a "healthy" Hornquist could get tuned up at any given point in a game. (The crap he laid on Patrick last night was deserving of some serious retaliation. It will come some time-maybe next season or in one of these games if the score gets out of hand.) Pitt would be better served to play straight up hockey and cut the nonsense before a teams sends their stars leaking all over the ice.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Like I said, it'll be interesting to see what happens when we play the Penguins next year after Patrick spends the summer working out and adds 10-15 lbs of muscle (hasn't been able to workout for two straight offseasons due to surgery, so you know there's tremendous growth potential). He's a big boy with a solid frame who's at the age where athletes fill out their bodies.

It'll be Charles Atlas on ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad