Post-Game Talk: Plus/Minus: Pens vs. Red Wings - Yiiiiiiiiikes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Re: Comeau on the second line. I like what he's done here, but we do not want this for any longer than necessary. Things just start going wrong for him the more responsibility he gets.

Killahpunk

Legend
Jun 29, 2009
Eastern Canada
Where's the drinking GIF? i'm about to go do that right now.

e3iWiCt.gif

SidDidNothingWrong

Beau's IcedCapp
Jan 2, 2014
Trade away the core one by one.
Bylsma and Shero screwed the development of this team. You can see it easily and clear as day. The Pens the past two games have played dominant Hockey in the first period and then regressed and reverted back to Bylsma Hockey at the end of each game. It is time to start saying goodbye to players.
Crosby acted like a dick.
**** compete level.
Sloppy play.
I don't even need to list it all because we all know what is wrong. Letang still plays like a forward and drives the puck in deep when he should be passing it.
DB isn't the problem anymore(even though he may have caused the problem to begin with).
This team has too much baggage.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
I hate to sound like a broken record, but this roster needs a major flushing. Trading Martin for a winger isn't the solution. To there core, this team is soft, both physically and mentally. The defense are all the same PMD, Shero really screwed the pooch with his roster development. This is why a guy like Lovejoy can go to the Ducks and flourish because he fits a skill they didn't have. Pens on the contrary have the same type of D here and in the minors. JR has some serious work ahead of him, it's time to go to work!!

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
For the people seriously giving Greiss a + on this game: if it were Fleury that played this exact same game, the exact same way and with the exact same outcome, would you give him a + as well?

I'm not saying he does or doesn't deserve a +, but I think a lot of you would be ****ing all over Flower right now.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
being up 2 with just under 3 minutes left is the worst lead to have.:laugh:

I was watching with my dad, i called the 3-2 goal 20 seconds before it happened. I called the 3-3 tie well before it happened. I called the SO loss well before it happened. Team is predictable as ****, does not matter what coach we have.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Seriously, why did we pass up so many shots in prime scoring areas?

This was our BIGGEST PROBLEM.

Gumbercules

Oct 11, 2007
Johnston needs to make his mark on this team's identity now. Not in March, not in a few weeks. The players need to understand now, that if they aren't willing to play with passion for sixty minutes, they are going to pay the price via a loss in minutes, and bag skate practices, and ultimately having JR replace them via call-ups or trades.

Completely unacceptable, and its been going on for years. Bylsma wouldn't do anything about it, and if Johnston doesn't, this team will be out in the playoffs promptly again. The culture change we desperately need hasn't occurred yet like we were hoping it would with all the roster moves in the summer.

AR5

Mar 7, 2014
<Re: Harrison Ford dude, who I usually agree with when it comes to trading MArtin/etc, for Marleau, but this time don't at all agree with. And your post went missing>

Not just one plus, sir.

I gave him 10 "+'s".

He kept the Penguins in it despite their terribleness. Got us a point. AND, he showed the team that there is at least one decent goalie on the team.

the OT goal is COMPLETELY on Martin.

The Zetterberg goal is just superior Babcock coaching to pull the goalie at 3m, plus Zetterberg is A++.

Boocock

Feb 3, 2007
Trade
Kunitz
Adams
Scuderi
Martin
Letang

Hold
Sutter

Keep
Crosby
Hornqvist
Malkin
Dupuis
Spaling
Goc
Comeau
Downie
Sill
Maata
Ehrhoff
Despres

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Stings....

I am coming to hate Kris Letang. Terrible, terrible give away by Martin at the end. Scuds could up and vanish and I'd smile like a crocodile, and never mind Dupuis' goal (which was nice), it SICKENS me, that the "least compatible with Malkin" top9 forward is the guy we play there.

I liked Malkin, Despres, Goc, Comeau and Spaling tonight. The rest were average to poor after a very good first period.

Amateurish to allow this game to slip.

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
We just...suck at everything right now. Without a 50% powerplay to act as a masquerade, it's pretty clear that this team so far has the exact same identity as last years with a thin coat of paint - only they've managed to be even worse defensively.

Play well for 10 minutes then phone it in for 50, getting progressively worse with each passing shift. How many more times do I need to see this. At least half of our shots came in the first half of the opening frame, and we had maybe two legitimate scoring chances from then on and we flubbed on both, one of them being an empty net.

It continues to be embarrassingly easy to get on top of us. We just shrink the moment anyone begins to string three or four decent shifts together; It's punch, counterpunch, TKO.

Michael8771*

Kronwall was freakin awesome tonight! Damn! He destroyed us.

Houston Penguin

Texas Pen
Mar 17, 2007
LA & GA to TX
You insane, dude?!m

It would've been 7-3 DET, if MAF had been in net.

Nothing you can do as a goalie with a bunch of aging dodos, behind you, on Defense.

I want Tocchet to throw some punches in that locker room tonight.

Who cares what the score could have been? Two points is two points! Those same " dodos" we're in front of Fleury last night!

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
I am going to love watching 4 / 27 / 7 / 58 suck a bag o-D's night in an pe night out!

I love to watch the Penguins world burn! :handclap:

Not that I want anything to do with either, but 4 and 27 weren't that bad. They shouldn't be scapegoated for this loss.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Let's please stop using the "r" word. There is going to be 0 tolerance on it. We can choose better words.

RangerRider114

Sep 17, 2014
The Isle of Coney
Crosby: What the **** was that Sid? He reverted back to east-west passing and sloppy play. This is one of the first times he deserves all the criticism he gets. He played like a little baby tonight. You could just tell he was agitated. Very unlike Sid.

Actually its very Sid-like.... when things aren't going well.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
For the people seriously giving Greiss a + on this game: if it were Fleury that played this exact same game, the exact same way and with the exact same outcome, would you give him a + as well?

I'm not saying he does or doesn't deserve a +, but I think a lot of you would be ****ing all over Flower right now.

I love that your standards are so high.

Dinfire

Mar 9, 2011
Los Angeles
Ugly. Two games where you completely collapse in the final moments out of six. I'm not pushing the panic button, though. I figured they'd start slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad