Post-Game Talk: Plus/Minus: Pens vs Bolts - Crosby scores means we got to our game

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
We always look uneven without Letang, don't forget how much flow and transition he brings to the team. That's why we paid the man. If you told me ahead of time we'd be 4-1 without Letang and Neal, I'd take that 8 days a week.

Kunitz is a hot mess out there, but I thought Dupuis had a decent game, and Scuderi looked solid. Kobesew played well beyond his pay grade, and Glass and Adams were fine.

Engo is awful, but we all knew that.

Letang back will make this a different team, we had so much trouble going from D to the forwards tonight.

I'm glad we have this Crosby guy around for a few more years.

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
Man, this board is going to be brutal this year. Team is 4-1 missing a Norris finalist and a 40 goal scorer. Three dominant wins at home followed by two rough road games, one of which is a win.

Kunitz and Dupuis have been pretty bad so far, but it's still early and the team is winning. If the defense still looks shaky come the new year maybe I start to worry, but for real, 5 games have been played so far.

This is the kind of mentality that leads to extending 34 yearolds Kunitz and Dupuis, 36 yearold Adams and the entire coaching staff.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
We always look uneven without Letang, don't forget how much flow and transition he brings to the team. That's why we paid the man. If you told me ahead of time we'd be 4-1 without Letang and Neal, I'd take that 8 days a week.

Kunitz is a hot mess out there, but I thought Dupuis had a decent game, and Scuderi looked solid. Kobesew played well beyond his pay grade, and Glass and Adams were fine.

Engo is awful, but we all knew that.

Letang back will make this a different team, we had so much trouble going from D to the forwards tonight.

I'm glad we have this Crosby guy around for a few more years.

that loss came to one of the worst teams in the league -.-

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
And Geno only got 2 minutes more ES time than Adams

I didn't even notice that doozy. :cry:

Oh, don't worry. It's an anomaly. Bennett getting Bylsmaed. A one off anomaly to teach him a lesson. The sloppy play. An anomaly. The talent not being enough to break a great PK when the stats are good for the year. An anomaly. The goaltending going into the crapper. An anomaly. Sid getting suffocated by good defensive teams and his wingers doing ****. An anomaly. That's the beauty of the random excuse generator . . . an endless supply of explanations for what otherwise is staring you right in the face.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Niskanen is 2nd in a league in +/- category. He is +7. He is also a PPG player so far. He´s supposed to be a 5th D-man or something like that. We are still ****ing about him. He´s a good guy who isn´t perfect, far from it.. But really, he could do anything and we would be still ****ing about him. It´s unfair sometimes. Just saying, not holding my breath for him..

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
watching the games at Hanlan's Point was great when I had a Beauner... now it's just awkward. I have to blame the weather.

Its not the weather. Sounds like you picked up a case of Byslma.

It's impossible to shake when you contract it.

**** is worse than the clap... Not that I'd know.

Hell yeahs they have Zoomies at Bed, Bath and Beyond and I have a 20% off coupon. Now what! Don't taze me bro!

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Niskanen is 2nd in a league in +/- category. He is +7. He is also a PPG player so far. He´s supposed to be a 5th D-man or something like that. We are still ****ing about him. He´s a good guy who isn´t perfect, far from it.. But really, he could do anything and we would be still ****ing about him. It´s unfair sometimes. Just saying, not holding my breath for him..

Niskanen really is a metaphor for Bylsma at this point. Some will celebrate the regular season exploits and the stats. Others will cast a wary (and perhaps whiny) eye towards what happens in the playoffs. You're in the former group. Some of us are in the latter. O'k, I just clicked my heels for an epiphany. I'm sure this is the year it will all be better when the playoffs come. Better?

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Its not the weather. Sounds like you picked up a case of Byslma.

It's impossible to shake when you contract it.

**** is worse than the clap... Not that I'd know.

Hell yeahs they have Zoomies at Bed, Bath and Beyond and I have a 20% off coupon. Now what! Don't taze me bro!

Worse than Herpisimplex 10 too? :scared:

EDIT: Maybe so. Despres caught it and there's no buffet big enough to eat his way out of it. Now, Bennett . . . ****** never gonna try to beat a guy 1 on 1 by the time Bylsmaed gets done with him. And, LOL how it affects Russians. They just say 'thank you sir, may I have another'.

Malkin112*

ES TOI tonight . . .

P. Dupuis RW 15:57
C. Kobasew RW 14:19
S. Crosby C 13:51
C. Kunitz LW 12:46
E. Malkin C 12:40

Any questions?

I can't believe this **** Bylsma is just ****ing idiot. I think this is the reason why Malkin suddenly become Lazy again.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Worse than Herpisimplex 10 too? :scared:

EDIT: Maybe so. Despres caught it and there's no buffet big enough to eat his way out of it. Now, Bennett . . . ****** never gonna try to beat a guy 1 on 1 by the time Bylsmaed gets done with him. And, LOL how it affects Russians. They just say 'thank you sir, may I have another'.

Do you want my other pair of Zoomies? I don't really need two, I just like getting free stuff.

You get a 300% zoomed-in view at the touch of a dial and even a free carrying case so they don't get scratched.

I'm keeping the mystery gift though. I can't wait to see what it is.

I hope it's a bowling alley.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
I didn't even notice that doozy. :cry:

Oh, don't worry. It's an anomaly. Bennett getting Bylsmaed. A one off anomaly to teach him a lesson. The sloppy play. An anomaly. The talent not being enough to break a great PK when the stats are good for the year. An anomaly. The goaltending going into the crapper. An anomaly. Sid getting suffocated by good defensive teams and his wingers doing ****. An anomaly. That's the beauty of the random excuse generator . . . an endless supply of explanations for what otherwise is staring you right in the face.
What?? I can't hear you over the "Jack Adams" and Team USA chants
:sarcasm:

That right there is the worst. Was Bylsma dropped on his head as a child, lead poisoning, not told he was good enough, told he was special too much, not hugged enough?
I'd really like to hear Freud's opinion on this.;) Maybe the team should hire a full time psychologist

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I can't believe this **** Bylsma is just ****ing idiot. I think this is the reason why Malkin suddenly become Lazy again.

It's not the reason. But, it's typical Bylsma. Geno trying to get used to linemates. So, let's **** with his ice time. And, tonight, as an extra special reward, let's teach Beau Bennett a lesson and give him Chuck Kobasew. I swear, Bylsma won't fix what's broken with Sid's line and is all to happy to fix things for Geno anytime anything is working for him. Guy is a ******* joke.

rkhum

Aug 3, 2011
ColePens hits on the head again

This team looked sloppy and way too careless with turnovers, penalties, and indifference.
Sid's skill alone made this win happen.

I had feeling that after playing three non playoff teams at home we hadn't been tested.

I am ver concerned about the play of Malkin, Kunitz, and Dupuis.
All have looked invisible most of the year so far.

I don't buy Malkin needing Neal unless he and Neal both are each other's blue meth. Malkin won an MVP with Talbot as his winger, this no excuse.

As for Kunitz and Dupuis, I am worrying they are washed up just into new deals.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
What?? I can't hear you over the "Jack Adams" and Team USA chants
:sarcasm:

I'd really like to hear Freud's opinion on this.;) Maybe the team should hire a full time psychologist

Somewhere, I'm sure Shero is screaming 'Are you not entertained' just to be sure we understand what REALLY matters for this hockey team.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Do you want my other pair of Zoomies? I don't really need two, I just like getting free stuff.

You get a 300% zoomed-in view at the touch of a dial and even a free carrying case so they don't get scratched.

I'm keeping the mystery gift though. I can't wait to see what it is.

I hope it's a bowling alley.

Will you also cover the postage to Australia?

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
This team looked sloppy and way too careless with turnovers, penalties, and indifference.
Sid's skill alone made this win happen.

I had feeling that after playing three non playoff teams at home we hadn't been tested.

I am ver concerned about the play of Malkin, Kunitz, and Dupuis.
All have looked invisible most of the year so far.

I don't buy Malkin needing Neal unless he and Neal both are each other's blue meth. Malkin won an MVP with Talbot as his winger, this no excuse.

As for Kunitz and Dupuis, I am worrying they are washed up just into new deals.

Malkin was horrible today, but I'll take what he did in the first four games because how he was playing is the type of play that translates in the playoffs against good defensive teams.

Malkin won a Conn Smythe with Talbot as a winger and Tom Fitzgerald in charge of the forwards. Fitzie gave him ice time and didn't **** with his linemates to teach one of them a lesson.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
It's not the reason. But, it's typical Bylsma. Geno trying to get used to linemates. So, let's **** with his ice time. And, tonight, as an extra special reward, let's teach Beau Bennett a lesson and give him Chuck Kobasew. I swear, Bylsma won't fix what's broken with Sid's line and is all to happy to fix things for Geno anytime anything is working for him. Guy is a ******* joke.

Who doesn't he screw over?

Crosby gets KD, whose greatest trick is ruining things.
Jokinen, Malkin and Bennett get jerked around.
Bennett gets punished for bs.
Jokinen and Malkin are messed with when they should be left alone.
Malkin gets completely screwed and stalls after.
Kobasew gets put where he shouldn't be and suffers for it.
Sutter's functioning line gets messed up.
Martin is stuck with Orpik.
Bortuzzo is scratched for no reasonable reason.
Maatta's chemistry with Bort is taken away and he gets stuck with Engelland.
The defense gets ****ed with and Fleury suffers.
Scuderi gets to clean up after Niskanen.
Engelland clearly shouldn't have been there.

Adams, Glass, Niskanen and Orpik have it sweet.

Nietzsche Zone Play

Jun 11, 2010
Pittsburgh
Martin/Orpik dominated corsi tonight (Orpik over 70%) and held the Stamkos line to under 35% which is just ridiculous. Dupuis and Kunitz were 1 and 2 among forwards.

again, that 3rd period was a dominant display in the neutral zone. TB could not get anything going.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad