Post-Game Talk: Plus/Minus: Pens vs Bolts - Crosby scores means we got to our game

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Plus

+ Crosby: I would even go as far as saying he individually won us this game. He's so strong down low and it's taken for granted too often. He's doing this against grown men in the NHL. He makes it look so easy. What a damn treat.

+ Beau: Benched for what? The kid holds the puck better than anyone. I hate that he's held to a different standard than everyone else.

+ Rob Scuderi: The little things he does in the d-zone are awesome. He will do anything he can do protect the d-zone. We've needed that desperation. That's something this team really lacks - desperation. Scuds brings it. It's what makes him good. He plays every shift as if it were Game 7. Not more talented than any hockey player, but his passion and desire separates him.

+ Adams: I mean... he's playing well! :laugh: I hate it, but he really is.

+ Chucky: I like his aggressive toughness. He's playing the game as if he was about to be left out of the league. Oh wait... that really did happen and kudos to Chucky for responding well.

Minus

- Same ole ****: I've watched this team win on amazing talent and make the same mistakes since 2010. There is zero accountability with this team. At least with MT, he would hold them accountable, let the media know,and reward players who deserve it with crazy line juggling. Albeit he inevitably lost his team and juggled way too much, he at least made sure his team was disciplined properly. He tried to make changes on things he saw were problems. That's what coaches do. The players stopped listening because he just was way too tough.

With Bylsma, it's the same ****ing mistakes. Turnovers and no support. Then when we make individual efforts, we call it getting to our game. That is how we end up losing and being out coached. It's a joke. I cannot stand it anymore. We make stupid mental errors all game because why not? We also take out rookies when they are doing everything right. No accountability.

- Nisky, Orpik, Kunitz, Dupers: I don't need to say anything. They will be the dead horse in this thread.

The big dud - Kunitz. He needs to get his **** together quickly. He looks awful.

- Sutter: No more giving this guy passes. He's weak and shows no desire. He needs to step up. He loses more battles than a "Defensive" forward should.

- Geno: Good defensive zone work and then he acts like an idiot with lazy passes and lazy skating. He needs Neal back.

- Defense: Back to running around. Martin, Orpik, Nisky, Pointless Engo, and even Maatta (not too bad) had bad games. Scuds was the only one I thought played well. Martin was out to lunch a LOT tonight. Worst game since his resurgence. I guess it was long overdue.

alcanalz

whys and wherefores
Nov 3, 2009
Not enough pluses for Sid.

+ Scuderi, mostly incredibly solid again.

- Malkin - Lazy as **** tonight.

Kunitz was mostly pretty bad tonight too.

rmartin65

Apr 7, 2011
I want Bylsma gone. I am glad the Pens won, but this team wins in spite of Bylsma. Pens won't win another cup with him behind the bench.

Mar 22, 2010
Mother Base
Great game by Sid.

It's tough for me too get excited, because we still have that moron behind the bench. It's a nice regular season win, but we all know how it's gonna end.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
+ Richard Pánik - Great play to help your team tie it up late in the game.
- Richard Pánik - The ****, dude? Tripping a guy when the puck is on the opposite side of the ice with less than a minute left in a tie game?

Pretty lousy game outside of Sid, Määttä, & the fourth line. This team just forgets how to play hockey when we go to Florida. Having a mentally deranged head coach doesn't help.

Bennett damn well better have been hurt, feels weird to say...but with Dan you never know.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Very sloppy for most of the game.

Sid wouldn't be denied though.

A feel good goal for Niskanen BUT he's still an eye-sore on the roster for how much money he is making.

2 or 3 PP goals against.
Thats not cool.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Cole, it's interesting. Maatta's two road games were not as good as the prior two. But, relatively speaking, he was our 2nd best defenseman tonight and our best the game before. I don't know how you send the kid down. IF Shero traded BOTH Orpik AND Nisky tomorrow and replaced them with Maatta and Despres, then IMO this is a better team, and I'm not even counting what Shero could do with an extra 4M in cap space.

As for the Bennett thing, it's weird. Geno was playing well the first half (when Bylsma bothered to play him). Bennett maybe got a little too cute a few times, but he was battling, and the line was producing chances. BUT, to teach Beau a lesson, Bylsma decided to completely through Geno into a cluster. One lazy pass begat another. Man, I don't care if Geno is playing with Gladams. If he's playing well, you don't **** who he's playing with.

If Bylsma were fired tomorrow, this team would be better off. Three years ago, you joked that I could handle the line combos and you'd handle the tactics. Maybe it wasn't such a joke after all.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
+ Richard Pánik - Great play to help your team tie it up late in the game.
- Richard Pánik - The ****, dude? Tripping a guy when the puck is on the opposite side of the ice with less than a minute left in a tie game?

+ for an official actually calling an obvious penalty in the last minute of a tie game.

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
+ Sid finally saying "**** it, I'll just do it myself."
+ Geno started poorly but really turned it around in the 3rd.
+ BB played about 5 min and made some great plays.
+ Gladams played well again, but they get way too much PT
+ Olli is a man

- **** you DB
- **** you Kuni
- **** you Duper
- **** you Orpik

Nightwing

Nov 23, 2010
Ottawa
- Pk, We should be better
- Oprik, Something is wrong, I know he's our physical defenseman but he is getting slow
- Defense, We can score goals, but can we prevent them...I'm not a fan of these high scoring games

+ Crosby

So, is Bennett injured or was he benched?

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Bort - Byslmaed

BB - Byslmaed

Guess who is next.

Geno. Nope, the BB getting Bylsmaed took care of him.

Got to be Maatta. Poor ******* kid. Borts gets Bylsmaed. Then, he gets Bylsmaed with Engo. But, that's not enough. Despite being the teams 2nd best defenseman tonight (a game after being the best), you KNOW it's going to be him. Whether he stays or not, it's GOT to be him.

Common Sense

Dec 29, 2010
+ Crosby, Lindback

- Everybody else

If I had four sets of arms I still wouldn't have enough fingers to count all of the reasons Bylsma should be fired. It's hilarious that we played that badly and still won.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
- Pk, We should be better
- Oprik, Something is wrong, I know he's our physical defenseman but he is getting slow
- Defense, We can score goals, but can we prevent them...I'm not a fan of these high scoring games

+ Crosby

So, is Bennett injured or was he benched?

benched

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
Pluses:

Sid, obviously. Dominant game.

Scuderi. I really missed this guy and it's he's making it easy to remember why. Very smart player.

Minuses:

Chris Kunitz. he has looked like wet poop to start the season. Dupuis hasn't come lights-out either, but of the two, Kunitz is looking much more lethargic and clueless so far.

Orpik. I love the guy but he is definitely degrading with age. Aside from bad positioning on the Bolts' ffirst power play goal, There was a shift when he let the puck go between his legs right at Fleury and basically let the Lightning player he as covering reach around him to swipe at it. Just strange to watch.

Malkin...this is a LIGHT minus, because he did acquit himself well afterward, but that turnover early on that led to the Lightning rush the other way was completely bizarre. No clue what he was thinking - that's got to stop.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
+ Sid finally saying "**** it, I'll just do it myself."
+ Geno started poorly but really turned it around in the 3rd.
+ BB played about 5 min and made some great plays.
+ Gladams played well again, but they get way too much PT
+ Olli is a man

- **** you DB
- **** you Kuni
- **** you Duper
- **** you Orpik

Actually, I think Geno started decently until Bylsma Bylsmaed him by having Bylsmaed Beau, but went to ****, then picked it up late when he realized that he was competely ****** (or Bylsmaed if you prefer) and just tried to do some stuff himself, as if he were playing short handed, which he was once Beau was Bylsmaed.

And, yes, **** you DB.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad