Post-Game Talk: Plus/Minus: Pens vs Bolts - Crosby scores means we got to our game

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
- To me, for having the profound revelation that the chances of Bylsma being fired before the Olympics are slim and none.

+ To you, for giving me the slightest hope that the chance actually could be the most miniscule measure more than NONE. :yo:

BumFortyOne

Nov 13, 2006
Berkeley
Who cares we are 4-1? same ****ing **** happening. If we didn't have the talent we would be 1-4 right now.

The first three wins were pretty impressive overall efforts.

And I care as a fan that the team is 4-1. No team is going to look really dominant every game. And I refuse to intentionally root for the team to lose so the coach gets canned or for players to play poorly to justify pushing young guys up the lineup.

I'm not sure why Bennett didn't play much in this game, but then I'm not on the bench either. Maybe he tweaked something and they were just being cautious?

Kunitz and Dupuis have admittedly been pretty ****** so far. And yeah, I'd like to see that line broken up because I think they are redundant. But again, I'm not in the room. I'm sure that Crosby is comfortable with them and that probably plays a big part in it.

It just seems like no matter what happens this year, including a Cup, this board is going to be filled with people *****ing about Bylsma, Fleury, Niskanen, Shero, whoever, each and every day.

I've been reading this board for years and I honestly cannot remember a time when there was this much pessimism. Anyway, just expressing an opinion. Obviously people have every right to talk about whatever they want and be as negative as they want. It just doesn't seem particularly enjoyable to me is all.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
There's some type of government shutdown joke there somewhere.

Operation_Shutdown_Black.jpg

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I thought Jokinen was garbage today, Bennet is better player at this point. Sad thing is when Neal returns Bennet will be going back to WBS

Jokinen was garbage all weekend.

I'm beginning the think that Sutter might be one of the most existential players of all time. He's just . . . there.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
it would be funny if two of the US olympic coaches were fired leading up to the games.

If by funny you mean awesome, then yeah :laugh: Not gonna happen though since Shero is the AGM for the US team. Prestigious honor for Pittsburgh *rabblerabble* the Penguins *rabblerabble* Tremendous opportunity *rabblerabble*

Besides, think how awkward that would be :laugh:

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
If by funny you mean awesome, then yeah :laugh: Not gonna happen though since Shero is the AGM for the team. Prestigious honor for Pittsburgh *rabblerabble* the Penguins *rabblerabble* Tremendous opportunity *rabblerabble*

how good would it be if as soon as the olympics are over Shero fires Bylsma at the post-olympic conference.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
The first three wins were pretty impressive overall efforts.

And I care as a fan that the team is 4-1. No team is going to look really dominant every game. And I refuse to intentionally root for the team to lose so the coach gets canned or for players to play poorly to justify pushing young guys up the lineup.

I'm not sure why Bennett didn't play much in this game, but then I'm not on the bench either. Maybe he tweaked something and they were just being cautious?

Kunitz and Dupuis have admittedly been pretty ****** so far. And yeah, I'd like to see that line broken up because I think they are redundant. But again, I'm not in the room. I'm sure that Crosby is comfortable with them and that probably plays a big part in it.

It just seems like no matter what happens this year, including a Cup, this board is going to be filled with people *****ing about Bylsma, Fleury, Niskanen, Shero, whoever, each and every day.

I've been reading this board for years and I honestly cannot remember a time when there was this much pessimism. Anyway, just expressing an opinion. Obviously people have every right to talk about whatever they want and be as negative as they want. It just doesn't seem particularly enjoyable to me is all.

Well, to be honest, for people watching this team wanting to be entertained or see scoring titles and meaningless wins for a team that's going to make the playoffs, I can see how this gets depressing for them. But, by the same token, you ought to appreciate that what some of us would like to see is another, what some of us see is now a pattern in its fourth season, and what some of us see is a team in THAT regard that can be differentiated from Philly only in that it has the talent to make the playoffs in spite of its coaching.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I thought Jokinen was garbage today, Bennet is better player at this point. Sad thing is when Neal returns Bennet will be going back to WBS

This is a terrible assessment.

Jokinen is getting about the same minutes(save tonight) where he also added two assists, he's the second leading scorer on the team, yet you say BB is the better player.

Depending on the circumstances, BB could be sent down.

Malkin was garbage a lot of this game I saw and he was on the ice for their first goal against with BB that I didn't see other than highlights. Should they bench Malkin for, BB?

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
I think that when Bylsma said "grind those *****es down" he was actually referring to this message board.

He is doing a damn good job.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
If by funny you mean awesome, then yeah :laugh: Not gonna happen though since Shero is the AGM for the US team. Prestigious honor for Pittsburgh *rabblerabble* the Penguins *rabblerabble* Tremendous opportunity *rabblerabble*

how good would it be if as soon as the olympics are over Shero fires Bylsma at the post-olympic conference.

Why are you people trying to give me hope? Shero doesn't have the balls to prioritize winning another cup over the family. As long as the Pens make the playoffs and the people are entertained, that's what really matters.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Anything on Bennett yet?

And, as I said, the ramifications of Bennett being Bylsmaed extend beyond Bennett. It included Geno tonight. Not that it matters. That Kobasew is a good player, after all, you know?

Guys were turning pucks over all night, but BB gets benched.

Bort and Maatta have been their best pair through the first four games. Bench Bort.

It all makes perfect sense in his world. It's just not a world I want to understand.

But, ****, it works for him. 2 year extension, right?

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
This is a terrible assessment.

Jokinen is getting about the same minutes(save tonight) where he also added two assists, he's the second leading scorer on the team, yet you say BB is the better player.

Depending on the circumstances, BB could be sent down.

Malkin was garbage a lot of this game I saw and he was on the ice for their first goal against with BB that I didn't see other than highlights. Should they bench Malkin for, BB?

Actually, for that one, they should've benched Englland. Go watch a replay.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Guys were turning pucks over all night, but BB gets benched.

Bort and Maatta have been their best pair through the first four games. Bench Bort.

It all makes perfect sense in his world. It's just not a world I want to understand.

But, ****, it works for him. 2 year extension, right?

This is why I say 'Shero doesn't have the balls' to prioritize winning another cup over the family and keeping the people 'entertained'.

I can't believe that a guy that smart can watch this same **** over again and see this Steelers style double standard all the time and say to himself 'we're gonna win it all this year'.

Sivek

Apr 9, 2011
so my friend has no way of knowing how much time Despres is getting?

Nah, it's kind of hard to believe but there is no official tracking of TOI in the AHL. You're, I mean your friend, is out of luck.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
NO. Hockey is supposed to bring me joy! My friends, we just beheld a back-and-forth, high-scoring contest between two good teams that was settled in dramatic fashion with less than 20 seconds to go with our so-called favorite team coming out on top! I could go into more detail about not liking that one of my favorite players apparently got benched for mysterious reasons, I could worry that this game might foreshadow games that will be played in six months, but NO. I will breathe this fresh air, I will feel ALIVE.

You sound like me last year, and the year before and the year before... But now...

I've been Byslmaed.

I'm going to buy a pair of Zoomies. I've heard rumors I can trick them into sending me a second pair absolutely free if I just pay shipping and handling.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
You sound like me last year, and the year before and the year before... But now...

I've been Byslmaed.

I'm going to buy a pair of Zoomies. I've heard rumors I can trick them into sending me a second pair absolutely free if I just pay shipping and handling.

Pffft. I've been Bylsmaed since 2010.

EDIT: I mean this in all seriousness. The similarities with Tomlin are freaky.

Pete Gas

Jul 10, 2012
I know it sounds crazy but I sometimes find myself wanting this team to go in a 0-15-5 in the next 20 games so that Clownsma is fired and it will be justified and satisfying

BumFortyOne

Nov 13, 2006
Berkeley
Well, to be honest, for people watching this team wanting to be entertained or see scoring titles and meaningless wins for a team that's going to make the playoffs, I can see how this gets depressing for them. But, by the same token, you ought to appreciate that what some of us would like to see is another, what some of us see is now a pattern in its fourth season, and what some of us see is a team in THAT regard that can be differentiated from Philly only in that it has the talent to make the playoffs in spite of its coaching.

I want to see this team win the Cup as much as anybody, but I think its also important to realize that its not always the best team that wins the Cup anyway. LA was mediocre all year before going on their run two years ago. As you've pointed out before, the 08 Finals team was more dominant than the 09 Cup team. **** happens come playoff time.

Yeah, it would be great to see this team play a disciplined defensive game every night but this turned out to be an exciting game where the captain and best player in the world willed his team to victory. Maybe not a recipe for success in the playoffs but there's still 77 games in the regular season.

Look, I respect your opinions and even agree with a lot of them. Same with most posters on this board. Its just the tone and broken-recordness of this board nowadays that makes it tough to read sometimes. I still come and read because I do respect the knowledge and insight of a lot of the posters, yourself included, but I have to imagine from the outside we come off as an incredibly whiny fan base.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Nah, it's kind of hard to believe but there is no official tracking of TOI in the AHL. You're, I mean your friend, is out of luck.

Oh, good catch there. IcedCapp trying to sneak something by like he's got a friend . . . :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad