Post-Game Talk: Plus/Minus: Pens vs Bolts - Crosby scores means we got to our game

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
+++Sid, this is whats great about him and this is why he is the best player in the world, he just is presence unlike Geno, whose line somehow manage to spend their entire time behind flowers goal
---our game or lack of it, we are in trouble we may get to 100 points and still have the same issues,
=Flower, no one mentioned him once tonight, and he got scored on 4 times, what the hack is going on?

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
Additional minus to the refs. Far be it for me to blame the officials for the outcome of a game, but that ref shoving Stamkos off the ice in a critical situation was just dumbfounding.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
It was really weird how Bennett went out for like one random shift on the third line late but disappeared again. Bummer.

I don't know if it's worse for this team if he's hurt or Bylsmaed. If it's the former, he and the team will recover. If it's the latter, he might recover, but it pretty much confirms what's coming for the team.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
+ Crosby
+ Power play
+ Orpik deflecting a shot for a goal. lolwtf moment right there.
+ Metropolitan division BLOWS. NFC East of the NHL. All hype, but nothing to show for it.

- Kunitz and Dupuis. This line needs to be broken up and Bennett needs to play with Crosby.
- Defense. Another weak game from them I thought. Can't seem to clear the puck out of their own zone.
- Refs. I know the Penguins won this game on a PP, but holy **** was that some terribly inconsistent officiating. And does the NHL want the Dead Puck Era II?
- Bylsma. Benching Bennett for no reason and promoting a try-hard guy. Funny thing is Malkin's line got WORSE after Kobasew was on it, but it doesn't matter cause Bennett is gonna learn his lesson for uhm..... well uh..... for something! :shakehead

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I don't know if it's worse for this team if he's hurt or Bylsmaed. If it's the former, he and the team will recover. If it's the latter, he might recover, but it pretty much confirms what's coming for the team.

yep that's where I'm at. Bort in the press box on top of it. Its so disheartening.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
+ Crosby
+ Power play
+ Orpik deflecting a shot for a goal. lolwtf moment right there.
+ Metropolitan division BLOWS. NFC East of the NHL. All hype, but nothing to show for it.

- Kunitz and Dupuis. This line needs to be broken up and Bennett needs to play with Crosby.
- Defense. Another weak game from them I thought. Can't seem to clear the puck out of their own zone.
- Refs. I know the Penguins won this game on a PP, but holy **** was that some terribly inconsistent officiating. And does the NHL want the Dead Puck Era II?
- Bylsma. Benching Bennett for no reason and promoting a try-hard guy. Funny thing is Malkin's line got WORSE after Kobasew was on it, but it doesn't matter cause Bennett is gonna learn his lesson for uhm..... well uh..... for something! :shakehead

This cannot be stated often enough.

It's the same formula. Best line in hockey is just that when Sid makes it happen, until the playoffs come and it's the most easily shut down line for a great defensive team. And, the guys who can help him aren't given the chance, and they're in extra trouble if they're doing things to help Geno.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Which one of you guys paid Lindback and Panik?

I thought Lindback was actually pretty sharp, especially in the first. None of Sid's goals were soft. I guess the GWG was a bit weak, but lateral movement and who thinks Niskanen is going to do THAT?

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
yep that's where I'm at. Bort in the press box on top of it. Its so disheartening.

The only difference between us and Philly is that we've got the top end talent to get to the playoffs in spite of our coaching.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Additional minus to the refs. Far be it for me to blame the officials for the outcome of a game, but that ref shoving Stamkos off the ice in a critical situation was just dumbfounding.

I don't see the big deal here, I've seen refs help injured players off the ice while play is going on plenty of times. Without a skate blade you basically can't get off the ice on your own power unless you crawl, which is going to put yourself and the other players on the ice at risk, but he also wasn't injured so it didn't warrant blowing the play dead.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
My complaint with the refs would just be the Maatta penalty (was the Kunitz penalty weak? I was only listening, Errey and Steigy seemed to say it was)

Nightwing

Nov 23, 2010
Ottawa
I thought Lindback was actually pretty sharp, especially in the first. None of Sid's goals were soft. I guess the GWG was a bit weak, but lateral movement and who thinks Niskanen is going to do THAT?

Yeah, who would have thought he could hit the net :laugh:

Ricebox

Feb 7, 2013
Norway - Florida

I Agree slightly, however the last 2 were just completely ridiculous, and the Panik trip in the last minute, i have never seen anything like that in my life :laugh:

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I don't see the big deal here, I've seen refs help injured players off the ice while play is going on plenty of times. Without a skate blade you basically can't get off the ice on your own power unless you crawl, which is going to put yourself and the other players on the ice at risk, but he also wasn't injured so it didn't warrant blowing the play dead.

Not injured...meaning he should get no help off the ice from a ref. He directly changed the outcome of the game.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
My complaint with the refs would just be the Maatta penalty (was the Kunitz penalty weak? I was only listening, Errey and Steigy seemed to say it was)

It was a weak call, especially given the score and time left in the game. Usually I hate it when refs put the whistles away, but for plays like that...you're calling a penalty by the strictest definition of the rule that you weren't calling earlier in the game.

Similar to the Määttä penalty in that it could be called if you really want there to be 20 penalties per team per game, but is almost never called and wasn't even called consistently in this game. Then there's the ref helping Stamkos, who isn't injured, off the ice...that directly changed the game.

Pretty brutal game by the refs all-around...though they didn't put the cherry on top by ignoring the painfully idiotic stunt that Panik pulled and properly called that one, at least.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
++++ Crosby, he decided they weren't going to lose and made it happen. Dupuis and Kunitz being anchors all the way. Scoring Crosby is back out of necessity and it makes Bennett an even better fit.
+ Bennett, poor little fella.
+ Jokinen, solid and he can work with Malkin or Crosby.
+ Kobasew, Bylsma trying to make him look bad aside, his effort.
+ Adams, being the best Adams he can be.
+ Scuderi was Scuderi.
+ That one goal Martin stopped.
+ Maatta on the PP.

= Malkin, it wasn't good but it wasn't the worst. I was disappointed, but Bylsma.
= Glass, I don't remember him at all.

- The defense over all. Bylsma messed with something that was working and they're suffering for it. Orpik and Niskanen should be gone, Engelland is a 7th for a reason. Martin was bad for large parts and Maatta just ended his chances.
- Martin being saddled with Orpik and having to compensate for his useless ass that needs to coast to the playoffs.
- Fleury, bad Fleury came out and the defense was messed with so it really showed, or stopped hiding it. IDK. Bad game for MAF with bad defense as a perfect storm.
- Sutter, he's too weak and meek.
--- Kunitz and Dupuis, worse than useless, I'd say put them on the third line but that would hurt Sutter.
----- Bylsma, he's defective.
- The refs were a ****show.

Nightwing

Nov 23, 2010
Ottawa
With the way Oprik is playing right now, I shudder to think about our 2nd pairing come march. Martin has been decent but not enough to cover for Oprik. Plus the pens got to work on their outlet passes, with our fowards always thinking north, that kind of turnover is a killer.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
DB has his Zoomies on him... He can't run away from the triple magnification.

Guess what's playing on Dan's iPod right now....

Jiggy, this was your advice to me BEFORE today's game:

I just try to stay positive and wait things out... Just my personality. You know my mantra was let's wait until the playoffs last season until we *****.

However, how many times do you have to see the same patterns repeat themselves before you stop being optimistic a coach like DB will change?

I dunno, like I said the extensions to all three are probably what has me seeing no light at the end of the tunnel. I'm not usually this negative, but damn the patterns are so obvious every season.

What now? :cry:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad