Post-Game Talk: Plus/Minus: Pens vs Bolts - Crosby scores means we got to our game

Nietzsche Zone Play

Jun 11, 2010
Pittsburgh
This cannot be stated often enough.

It's the same formula. Best line in hockey is just that when Sid makes it happen, until the playoffs come and it's the most easily shut down line for a great defensive team. And, the guys who can help him aren't given the chance, and they're in extra trouble if they're doing things to help Geno.

your constant whining about this is something else. Bennett has been available for exactly one playoff run. we're 76 games away from the playoffs. the same thing is not happening, unless you are short-sighted enough to think the lines won't be shuffled in the next 70 games.

BrunoPuntzJones

Biscuit Scorer
Apr 17, 2012
Washington, DC
Hey Bylsma, you why not try listening to Martin? it worked REALLY good the first 3 games, now you deside to throw out a winning plan for whatever the **** it is you do that sets this team up to fail. It's pointless whining about this since he will never listen, and he refuses to see an insane asylum because that dude is CRAZY!

I don't know man, I think this is on J-Mart. He's not assertive enough or he shares Bylsma's affliction. He's probably too interested in the shrimp cocktail buffet in the coaches' offices. COUNTRY CLUBBED.

Sideline

May 23, 2004
If Beau Bennett doesn't have a limb falling off his body, Dan Bylsma should feel shame.

Statler and Waldorf mentioned Scotty Bowman likes Bennett. Good thing a clown like him isn't running the Penguins bench, eh?

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
your constant whining about this is something else. Bennett has been available for exactly one playoff run. we're 76 games away from the playoffs. the same thing is not happening, unless you are short-sighted enough to think the lines won't be shuffled in the next 70 games.

Sid's line wasn't changed when we acquired a HOF right wing, that's why we don't think the lines will be shuffled.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
we're not reacting to 5 games. We're reacting to a 3-year pattern. I don't how to ignore connecting the dots to things that have obviously happened many a time in the past

You underestimate the power of kool-aid.

See what I mean, IcedCapp. The power of kool-aid.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
- To me, for having the profound revelation that the chances of Bylsma being fired before the Olympics are slim and none.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
If Beau Bennett doesn't have a limb falling off his body, Dan Bylsma should feel shame.

He only feels smug.

His issue with talent is the biggest hypocrisy. He doesn't like it but he's perfectly fine with it dragging his dumbass along, which it did tonight, and then saying they got to their game. Getting to your ****ing game is the talent overcoming your handicaps!

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Yeah but I think he'll be able to tough it out for the entire week.

:sarcasm:

LOL

:laugh: Yeah, the regular season is actually the more pleasant time of year on here.

We follow the Pens - literally. We had our preseason... no real *****ing. Despres gets sent down, Letang gets injured at West Point, and Neal gets injured swinging a wiffle ball bat, we ramp it up a bit.

Then the season starts, yea, we started 3-0, but we could pick a few nits.

Now it's game 5. We're in regular season form.

By the time the playoffs come around, we'll be *****ing about posts *****ing about posts *****ing about posts *****ing about our *****ing posts.

There's never a good time to come here. I only do it because I've given up on enjoying life. You have to be a bleak-minded person to read someone's 2,000th post in three days about the definition of insanity.

You're too hard on us. You need to join in on the *****ing. Try it on. It's fun.

Malkin112*

I thought Jokinen was garbage today, Bennet is better player at this point. Sad thing is when Neal returns Bennet will be going back to WBS

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
This was what I said after last nights game...

I could smell this rank **** coming. It smells like being Byslmaed.

Anything on Bennett yet?

And, as I said, the ramifications of Bennett being Bylsmaed extend beyond Bennett. It included Geno tonight. Not that it matters. That Kobasew is a good player, after all, you know?

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Dude, that's the WORST time to come here

What, aren't the playoffs when every thing we spend a regular season warning against and then whining against when nothing changes comes to fruition? :help:

BrunoPuntzJones

Biscuit Scorer
Apr 17, 2012
Washington, DC
You're too hard on us. You need to join in on the *****ing. Try it on. It's fun.

NO. Hockey is supposed to bring me joy! My friends, we just beheld a back-and-forth, high-scoring contest between two good teams that was settled in dramatic fashion with less than 20 seconds to go with our so-called favorite team coming out on top! I could go into more detail about not liking that one of my favorite players apparently got benched for mysterious reasons, I could worry that this game might foreshadow games that will be played in six months, but NO. I will breathe this fresh air, I will feel ALIVE.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
It´s weird. We are complaining about a million things after a game like this. And we´ve beat a dangerous talented team on the road in a 2nd game of a back-to-back. And we are probably right in this complaining. Explanation: Sidney Crosby. He won that game, if not for him, Tampa would beat us sooo easily.

Well, from all of those complains.. I am not a fan of Niskanen and want him traded just as everyone else here. But honestly, guy is our most productive D-man and he is also +7(!!!) so far. He was bad against Carolina(Gerbe moments) but other than that, I think he´s just fine and actually overachieving his standards..

Playing Bennett for 6 minutes makes me sick. This was a tough game against a good team (say what you want about Tampa, there are a lot of young & relatively unknown players, but guys like Killorn, T.Johnson and the others are really good. Filppula is playing great and then there are Stamkos & MSL obviously). Bylsma knows that Tampa is a good team and he´s right. But that doesn´t mean that he has to bench our rookies just because we are playing a tough game against a decent opponent..

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Statler and Waldorf mentioned Scotty Bowman likes Bennett. Good thing a clown like him isn't running the Penguins bench, eh?

Please, that stupid ****** might give Bennett more ice time than Chuck Kobasew. ****, that stupid ****** might give Malkin more ES ice time than Kunitz or Dupuis. Or, better still, that stupid ****** might regularly play Sid or Geno on the PP.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Well they have the blueprint with the first 3 games to show them how to effeciently get out of thier own zone.

It was the first road trip and it was to Florida where players enjoy thier time out of the rink mostly.

The other thing to remember is Jacques Martin isn't going anywhere and he should be able to help tighten up our own end. I wouldn't be surprised if he's a big proponent of keeping Maata on this team. He knows his worth to the roster. Unless Despres becomes a pet project of sorts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->