Post-Game Talk: Plus/Minus: Pens vs Bolts - Crosby scores means we got to our game

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
With the way Oprik is playing right now, I shudder to think about our 2nd pairing come march. Martin has been decent but not enough to cover for Oprik. Plus the pens got to work on their outlet passes, with our fowards always thinking north, that kind of turnover is a killer.

You won't be shuddering to think for long. You'll just be shuddering, because NOTHING is going to change. Shero doesn't have the balls to put what's best for the team ahead of the whole country club 'we are family' bull****.

BumFortyOne

Nov 13, 2006
Berkeley
Man, this board is going to be brutal this year. Team is 4-1 missing a Norris finalist and a 40 goal scorer. Three dominant wins at home followed by two rough road games, one of which is a win.

Kunitz and Dupuis have been pretty bad so far, but it's still early and the team is winning. If the defense still looks shaky come the new year maybe I start to worry, but for real, 5 games have been played so far.

Smacker

#LetsGoPens
Aug 15, 2012
+ Great game by Sid!
+ Scuds. So solid playing.
+ Power play was good.
+ Geno.
+ Beau. He looked good with the puck and made some great plays. Why he was benched? I don't get it.
+ Määttä. Nice game by Olli.
+ Gladams played well again.

= Fleury.

- Kunitz/Duper. I don't need to say anything. Bad game again by Kuni and Duper.
- PK was bad.
- Defense. Not a good game by defense.
- Refs.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Man, this board is going to be brutal this year. Team is 4-1 missing a Norris finalist and a 40 goal scorer. Three dominant wins at home followed by two rough road games, one of which is a win.

Kunitz and Dupuis have been pretty bad so far, but it's still early and the team is winning. If the defense still looks shaky come the new year maybe I start to worry, but for real, 5 games have been played so far.

we're not reacting to 5 games. We're reacting to a 3-year pattern. I don't how to ignore connecting the dots to things that have obviously happened many a time in the past

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC

Who cares we are 4-1? same ****ing **** happening. If we didn't have the talent we would be 1-4 right now.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
we're not reacting to 5 games. We're reacting to a 3-year pattern. I don't how to ignore connecting the dots to things that have obviously happened many a time in the past

pretty much. I'm happy with the wins. I'm unhappy that the same issues are still there with no signs of going away.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
While agreeing with most said after this one, I just want to comment that Nisky deserved little criticism after the Florida game and none after this one. Were just autopiloting because many of us want him traded. At worst he was our 2nd best D-man tonight.
Anyway - hope his PPG production and plus/minus increases his trade value :)

Nightwing

Nov 23, 2010
Ottawa

Exactly, We are winning games but our weakness is being exploited. Crosby and his four points led us to victory but if he was shut down, we wouldn't be leaving with 2 points.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
A sloppy game where you give up way too many goals and wind up just having to try to outscore the other team. Now that is Pittsburgh Penguins ice hockey. :laugh:

Such a hard decision on defense. Maatta probably deserves to be here. Niskanen has his warts but he deserves to be here too based on his play so far.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Jiggy, this was your advice to me BEFORE today's game:

What now? :cry:

This was what I said after last nights game...

- BB is trying to expand his game and be creative. It will be very interesting to see if DB lets him make mistakes while he is testing the waters.

I could smell this rank **** coming. It smells like being Byslmaed.

SaintRon

Mar 15, 2003
Visit site
Pluses
Orpik (third period)
Crosby: The best player in the world responded to a terrible game last night.
Scuds: Our best dman tonight.
Adams: When one doesn't have lots of skill, it's easy to make the simple plays.
PP: Move around instead of standing still does wonders. Easy to cheat by copying what the other team was doing.

Minuses
D: Better in the 3rd. Not sure if that was because the Bolts backed off to protect a lead.
Orpik: (1st 2 periods)
Sutter: Plays like he's afraid of getting hit.
Kuni: Where to start.

Neutral
Maatta: I thought he struggled with the physical stuff at times tonight. His O skills made up for it.
Dupers: Did he play tonight?
Geno: Adjusted his game in the 3rd by making the simple play.

SuburbanRhythm

WorldClassJagoff
May 6, 2002
Pittsburgh
Visit site
Only a couple mentions of Martin specifically so far, but he looked like 2011-12 PMart. Did he clear the zone once? After failing to get it out putting it off the glass a couple times, he decided giving it away going up the middle was a better approach.

+ Errey's "Teenage Mutant Ninja Hertl" reference.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
+We won
- The sloppy undisciplined hockey is back. I hate that I get less and less enjoyment from watching this team.

Gallatin

A Banksy of Goonism
Mar 4, 2010
Pittsburgh
I love you guys - most knowledgable Pens fans on the Interwebs by far. But I am finding that I can't enjoy regular season wins while reading this board.

I know, coaching sucks. Orpik sucks. Niskannen sucks. Duper & Kunny sucks. Sutter sucks. Gladams should suck.

Anyway After getting no enjoyment watching the game tonight I give up. Would rather have fun watching the team win big in the regular season and not being tuned in, than hating life as a Pens fan.

See ya in the playoffs.

Last edited:

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Hey Bylsma, you why not try listening to Martin? it worked REALLY good the first 3 games, now you deside to throw out a winning plan for whatever the **** it is you do that sets this team up to fail. It's pointless whining about this since he will never listen, and he refuses to see an insane asylum because that dude is CRAZY!

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
If Beau Bennett doesn't have a limb falling off his body, Dan Bylsma should feel shame.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
I love you guys - most knowledgable Pens fans on the Interwebs by far. But I am finding that I can't enjoy regular season wins while reading this board.

I know, coaching sucks. Orpik sucks. Niskannen sucks. Duper & Kunny sucks. Sutter sucks. Gladams should suck.

Anyway After getting no enjoyment watching the game tonight I give up. Would rather have fun watching the team win big I. The regular season and not being tuned in than hating life as a Pens fan.

See ya in the playoffs.

Dude, that's the WORST time to come here

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->