Post-Game Talk: Plus/Minus or whatever: Islanders suck worse than Pens

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
I agree with others saying Martin, Despres, and Vitale having good games. I also think Neal/Sutter work well together. They just have that chemistry right off the bat. I love watching them play together.

And Beau had one shift where he made two GREAT defensive plays. He wasn't great today, but that's because he was on a WBS line w/ two worthless players.

I was watching off and on at a bar. But I definitely remember that shift by Bennett. He just makes it look so easy. Kid's gonna be a stud for us.

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
I don't disagree. And, yes, seeing that reaction out of Sid is a really good thing, IMO.

Plus, I think games like this serve to remind Ray Shero that there's work he can do to improve the team (then again, I thought the same thing last year).

There is always room to improve any team, in any sport in at any era. Even when you look at true flat out dynasty teams, like the Islanders were at one point, there is places that those teams could have been improved on paper.

The fact of life is dynasties like that got hot at the right times, in the right places, added where they could in trades, and built depth.

Its a very simple 2 + 2 + 2 = 6, kind of thing... With a bit of luck on the one teams side. People over complicate this stuff with sports. It really is actually that simple. Get hot at the right time/healthy... Add complimentary players in etc area(s)... Have depth...

It really is that simple.

stardog

Been on HF so long my Myspace link is part of my p
Oct 31, 2003
www.myspace.com
+ To the Isles fans participating in the "Crosby Sucks" chants, before realizing that they are Islanders fans and as such, the hypocrisy would be far to great. Therefore, the chant promptly stopped.

+ Vokoun. He won this game for us in the first period. It wasn't just !2 shots to zero, it was also a lot of great scoring chances to none and TV kept us way close.

+ for extending the streak.

+ to the fourth line and the hands of silk and gold that are Joe Vitale.

- Adams for losing a fight he should never have accepted on the first punch.

- The top line. Specifically Crosby in the second period. Before his two gaffes which led directly to a goal, the line played like hell in the defensive zone. Best player in the work, easily right now IMO...not so much tonight.

- To the Crosby fanboys who can't bring themselves to dare give him a negative grade. He didn't play well and made questionable decisions (2 of which led to a goal against). Yes, he is great. I know. Even the greats have off games.

- Bennett/Smith,Jeffery....Jesus guys, really? Beau had issues a few times and was struggling to receive the outlet....

Which brings me to:

- We miss Letang. The same irrational people who crucify and scrutinize every move of Letang, (while at the same time giving Saint status to Martin, let alone Sid) possibly need to check their own objectivity. The isles, w/o Letang, simply dumped it behind our slow (reacting/reading/skating...take your pick) defense and forechecked the hell out of us.
Letanng is the best in the league at retrieving said dumps and getting it to our forwards rather than throwing it predictably along the boards sodtly so that the Isle a could easily prevent such. Our defense without Kris is far to predictable.
Thank God we played in NYI.

Prewty much a poor effort with the main culprits as Orpik and Side line.

slovakfan*

-Crosby: sometimes it looked (to me) as he is assisting Isles. I mean really.
+Vokoun; he stole the match

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
Letang giving Potash a birthday present. Fleury decorated the microphone.

ibwO44tNaN0tnA.GIF

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad