Post-Game Talk: Plus/Minus or whatever: Islanders suck worse than Pens

hctopcheds11

Oct 6, 2009
Ice was brutal tonight... Almost made the game unwatchable at times.

And I'd love to see a 1st line with Pominville and Kunitz and Dupuis with Sutter.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
That was a bad hockey game...but 2 points are 2 points. When the Islanders went into the first intermission up by only 1 goal I knew it was going to end something like this. The Islanders needed to get at least 2 goals out of that first period.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
I come away impressed with only Vokoun and Despres in this one.

Good efforts by Martin, Vitale, Sutter, Cooke and Duper also. Sid of course is never bad, although their second goal is on him.

Two points. Wonder what that Isles dressing room is like now. Three home losses. Three games where they were tied or leading going into the third. 0 goals scored. 9 conceded. That says a lot of things and none of them flatttering.

plaidchuck

Feb 26, 2013
Pittsburgh

Good efforts by Martin, Vitale, Sutter, Cooke and Duper also. Sid of course is never bad, although their second goal is on him.

Two points. Wonder what that Isles dressing room is like now. Three home losses. Three games where they were tied or leading going into the third. 0 goals scored. 9 conceded. That says a lot of things and none of them flatttering.

The Islander franchise is trash and always will be.. players like Tavares and Streit do well in spite of the team, not because it's improving...

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
+ Our massive number of regulation overtime wins means that in the event we're tied with someone at the end of the year we'll most likely get the tiebreaker due to those wins. We have a very good shot at getting that number 1 seed.

Ogelthorpe

Who do you play for?
Jul 21, 2010
+ Vitale shooting instead of passing the puck to Tanner Glass.
+ TV
- 1st Period. Seriously WTF!

Did anyone else get the feeling that taking TK out of the lineup was a sign that they are considering moving him in a trade, and were looking at some line combos? I think if they get a top 6 guy, they bump BB to 3RW.

SteelFish87*

The Islander franchise is trash and always will be.. players like Tavares and Streit do well in spite of the team, not because it's improving...

+1 everyone feels bad for them cuz they suck so bad but u know what? F them

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009

I'm one of Elmer's biggest fans, but thought he had two horrible shifts today that lead to extendeddddddddddddddddddddd zone time for the Islanders. Don't believe either time it lead to a goal, but really bad play from him, the kind of plays I'm not used to seeing him make.

plaidchuck

Feb 26, 2013
Pittsburgh
Great now if they lose Sunday we har flyers fans laughing like beavis and butthead for stopping the streak as their team still sinks in the standings

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
+ Sniper Joe Vitale

The rest... who cares. Wasn't worth watching. Actually glad I missed the first period working on tax prep stuff. :laugh:

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
+ Vitale shooting instead of passing the puck to Tanner Glass.
+ TV
- 1st Period. Seriously WTF!

Did anyone else get the feeling that taking TK out of the lineup was a sign that they are considering moving him in a trade, and were looking at some line combos? I think if they get a top 6 guy, they bump BB to 3RW.

1. To answer your question, I'll just say 'God I hope so'.

2. For BB to L3 RW, I think it depends upon who they acquire. I could live with Cooke-Sutter-Bennett, and so could the Pens IMO.

3. Not to disagree with you (because you know I'd never do that ;)), but I think that deflection goal from Tanner Glass was pretty sweet, so I can't understand why you'd be averse to someone passing to Glass. :naughty:

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
As long as it doesn't create or reinforce a false sense of security.

I don't think it does. In Sid's post game interview he was clearly very upset with the way they played. I would say he seemed borderline disturbed by the first period.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I don't think it does. In Sid's post game interview he was clearly very upset with the way they played. I would say he seemed borderline disturbed by the first period.

I don't disagree. And, yes, seeing that reaction out of Sid is a really good thing, IMO.

Plus, I think games like this serve to remind Ray Shero that there's work he can do to improve the team (then again, I thought the same thing last year).

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Plus, I think games like this serve to remind Ray Shero that there's work he can do to improve the team (then again, I thought the same thing last year).

You know I want to agree...but I can't. They'll just say no Malkin, no Letang. Which are valid points. But some of the issues tonight are issues even when those 2 are back.

Common Sense

Dec 29, 2010
+ Vitale with his league-leading second goal of the season
+ Vokoun, Despres, Martin

- The Rest

We'll see if our defense has truly turned it around on Sunday.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad