Post-Game Talk: Plus/Minus or whatever: Islanders suck worse than Pens

roready

Brink, Truth, Life
Jul 10, 2012
iligbpa
I'll give a plus to Orpik for taking that penalty at the end of the game to take himself off of the PK again.

DoktorZaius

Feb 7, 2013
There actually aren't a lot of pluses here. Vokoun played well enough. But man, we got lucky in that one. Let's hope this was a single game abortion.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
I had a big problem with the first period.

I was okay with the second period.

But for all our griping, I can't think of a single scoring opportunity the Isles had after we took the lead.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Orpik misplaying that puck was horrible but his penalty was not. It was a smart penalty to take. Tavares on a 2 on 1? No thanks, I'll take my chances with the pk.

Bengui

Jul 24, 2009
In a hypothetical 3 point system, the Pens would be ahead of the Hawks right now ! (32gp 21 - 3 - 0 - 8 = 69 points to 30gp 16 - 8 - 3 - 3 = 67 points)

Sivek

Apr 9, 2011
In the 11 periods since Vokoun's inspirational speech to stop being stupid, he has a .961 save% and 1.09 gaa. Pretty surprised at that but good to see him bounce back from the horrid stretch of games that preceded it.

Last edited:

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Vokoun gets a + for saving the Pens hide and a - for doing it like a floundering, out-of-control fish for 20 minutes. Settled down after the first, though.

Everyone else gets a minus. Go to hell. You deserve an 11-game losing streak. Trade everyone.

Except Dupuis.

Just kidding, good job guys.

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
+TV. Awesome game. Should have been 4-0 in the 1st. Stood on his head multiple times.

+4th line. At last they get in the positive category. But for real they had a few good shifts in the 1st couple periods.

+1st line. Was very good too. I still want an upgrade for Dupers but they just find ways to produce. (helps having 87 on this line just a bit)

+Cooke, Neal. Both with awesome passes on the Sutter goal.

+Sutter. Making me forget about Staal more and more.

-1st period. I know its the Islanders and I know you're playing in the ******* arena in the league but every game means the same in the standings.

-3rd line. Jeffrey has no business leading a line.. as for Trevor Smith.. see ya! Sorry Beau, you play wonderfully and that's what you're rewarded with.

-Orpik. I hate you. Seriously, would we really be worse off without him? Every single end of the game he takes a penalty. Every time the puck is on his stick I cringe. He has literally zero idea what to do when he has the puck it's scary.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
minus to Bylsma for playing Eaton, who hasn't been horrible, but is too safe to play regularly (especially when you're behind early) and can't win the easiest of races to loose pucks.

Despres should be in every game from here on out, and Bortuzzo should be in more. We want these two to get as many games under their belt as possible before the playoffs start up.

SteelFish87*

Yup good goal. 0.1 on the clock

234.jpg

can't wait to see the thread on the main boards lol

SteelFish87*

minus to Bylsma for playing Eaton, who hasn't been horrible, but is too safe to play regularly (especially when you're behind early) and can't win the easiest of races to loose pucks.

yup. no reason not give Bortuzzo some action especially against a team like the islanders

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad