Please put John Hynes out of our misery thread. Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Auto Pilot

Sep 7, 2019
I don’t really even want to watch anymore until this pathetic excuse of a coach is gone. Every one besides Shero and the analytics nerds that cherry pick stats to justify Hynes being the coach can’t see it.

Even Flyers fans are saying he seems to be the issue. Like wtf is Ray waiting for?

If he has to get fired as well to get rid of Hynes, so f***ing be it. Can his ass too.

Camille the Eel

I said this in the game thread but my god, putting out the fourth line on the last shift of the second period for a defensive zone draw might have been the worst thing Hynes has ever done and that's saying something. You know the Flyers are gonna have a top line on the ice in the offensive zone at the end of a period! Heck you know they're also going to have a scoring line on after our PP is over but he keeps throwing out the fourth line then too.

It takes a special kind of bad to get out linematched in a home game :laugh:
He wants them to be Czikas and Martins plus Clutterbuck but they ain’t. They don’t get on top of the other club on the forecheck at all. The key to a forecheck is the first guy in separating the D from the puck. Can’t think of a single time last night that Rooney or Hayden accomplished that.

Reactions: Tretyak 20

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
You could literally see this f***ing train wreck FROM THE FIRST GAME OF THE SEASON!!!!!!!! 2 wins in 11 games later and he’s still here. Madness. Absolute madness.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
You could literally see this ****ing train wreck FROM THE FIRST GAME OF THE SEASON!!!!!!!! 2 wins in 11 games later and he’s still here. Madness. Absolute madness.

They can't justify waiting as long to fire Hynes as Lou did to fire MacLean...this isn't Hynes' first year with these issues, and it was too late to salvage anything tangible by the time they did fire Mac.

tmg

Jul 10, 2003
Ottawa
You could literally see this ****ing train wreck FROM THE FIRST GAME OF THE SEASON!!!!!!!! 2 wins in 11 games later and he’s still here. Madness. Absolute madness.

First game of the season we had a last half of game lead and lost. The past three games we had a last half of game lead and lost. Six of our 9 losses so far we had a last half of game lead and lost. The only ones we didn’t have a last half of game lead were the three games where we allowed the first three goals of the game.

There was once a time that this team could go an entire season without losing a game in which they had a lead sometime after the midway point of the second. And we’ve lost 6 such games in under a month this year.

tailfins

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2005
Shero needs to commit to structure. No more just throwing talent out. The team didn’t draft Malkin and Crosby. They’ve got talent, but not enough to win without structure.

Bring in a coach who can implement structure. Get rid of any player who doesn’t want to buy in.

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
>Miles Wood
>shutdown line

That alone should be enough reason to fire him

yeah miles wood to me is the one lineup fixture Im not getting.. he should be the first casualty at this point let goose or jesper get a look over wood .. wood doesn't play a big mans game. doesn't play an overly skilled game, doesn't fight, doesn't play defense well, and isn't scoring.. hes giving his all and i don't mind him but not sure he is an automatic fixture here when we have others waiting to get in

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
Hopefully, I'd love to see us come back from this 5 game road trip without this coaching staff. Maybe we can leave each one of them in different cities.

i would say this road trip will define the season.. if they can come back with a 3-1-1 or better record they can get this thing turned around.. they absolutely cannot start cory tonight and expect to win...

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
I know some are already there but for me Shero's now starting to piss me off with this inaction. I get his sentiment of saying the players need to show that he chose the right team, or however he phrased it.

But hey maybe Hynes isn't the coach for the team you put together. Maybe he's a good coach with different personnel. But he's sure as hell not getting enough from this group as a coach should. That's fine, it's just not a fit and it happens. But address it. Stop trying to force the circle peg in the square hole. We don't have the best roster but we shouldn't be this f***ing terrible.

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
the 4th line after goals is the worst and most obvious coaching blunder to make. they went on last night and got hemmed in, iced the puck and then took a penalty. way to ride that momentum!

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
Can't believe this group of inept clowns is still in place

Getting really fed up with Shero over this inaction

I don't even care who's behind bench so long as it's not them

Any short term substitutes will do

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
the 4th line after goals is the worst and most obvious coaching blunder to make. they went on last night and got hemmed in, iced the puck and then took a penalty. way to ride that momentum!

Any normal human being is not looking at the last thirty seconds of the period with the Giroux line on the ice with the last change and saying yay, I can get Kevin Rooney and John Hayden on the ice to match up!

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Any normal human being is not looking at the last thirty seconds of the period with the Giroux line on the ice with the last change and saying yay, I can get Kevin Rooney and John Hayden on the ice to match up!
Its more of a Hayden Wood issue when they are out against talent. Wood is an idiot.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I'm getting the feeling that Hynes isn't going anywhere.

This is looking like another tank year and who better to lead a losing effort than Hynes?

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
I'm getting the feeling that Hynes isn't going anywhere.

This is looking like another tank year and who better to lead a losing effort than Hynes?
Which would contradict the moves Shero made in the offseason which were win now moves in order to compete for the postseason. I think we will see action on the staff, its inevitable.

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
i still don’t get what they see in hayden. i mean i know the type of player they think he is, but he’s a useless plug that doesn’t really make a big hit, can’t score, isn’t particularly good defensively, isn’t super fast. he’s just there. and rooney is fine but these guys have no upside. i’d rather have mcleod and bastian here after their preseasons. hynes views him as some tough vet who’s been around but he’s a 23 year old that couldn’t crack the lineup of a terrible hawks team last year

i guess rooney and hayden need waivers but they are the most replaceable guys in the entire system

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008

I’m getting surprised by the amount of support Hynes gets from media and fans.

Do none of them watch Devils games? Was Hynes pre-Devils resume so strong that this garbage isn’t indicative at all of Hynes?

A lot of these people think the Devils are playing low event hockey because of the shot totals, so there is that. Anyone the tells me the Devils are trying to play low event doesn’t get what’s going on.

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
maybe it’s just bad form to pile on a coach while they’re still behind the bench

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
The media thinks we're doing just fine, the league's scouts know we're a joke.

Craig Button probably thinks we're still just a trap team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad