Post-Game Talk: PLD returns, hero (Jets 4 Canucks 3 OT)

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Great game by Dubois. This kid can play, just wait till he gets into game shape.

This PLD trade was a big winner for the Jets. He's a 60 point scoring center back to back in last 2 years. Some people were a bit worried, but I knew, and know this was the right deal for the Jets. Columbus got 2 good players, but the Jets got a great 2 way "big man" center. With Laine and Roslo, we had limited type players, but PLD can do it all.

You couldn't have asked for a better deal for the Jets. PLD will be a cornerstone piece for this franchise.

He should be moved to Center very soon though --where he belongs.

DharmaBum

Just like a young Dave Ellett
Nov 14, 2010
Winnipeg
Would have liked Lowry to cheat a little more towards Pettersson or at least have his stick in the passing lane.
yLSj7EU.mp4

rehf

Fueled by Maurice
Feb 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Canucks were all giddy about the fight, hope 1 point makes them giddy too.

I mean, if that had happened to one of our players, people here would be wanting blood too. Just look at the Tkachuk/Scheifele thing in the playoffs, even though it clearly wasn't intentional.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Pregame talk made it sound like PLD on the wing wasn’t something they were looking to long term. Maybe they should. During the playoffs, having Scheifle, Dubois, and Stastny down the middle sounds great, but, there’s no harm in loading up the top two lines on the way there. Especially in this ridiculous division. Besides, Copp and Lowry make for 2/3 of an awesome 3rd line-energy line.

Great game. You get anything close to that kinda production out of that kid on even a semi routine basis and you’ll have won that trade.

By the way, Pionk and Heinola, plus the cap savings...for Trouba...is also looking amazing. Not sure where all the Chevy hate comes from.
Probably for resigning Thompson and keeping Pomo around. Appleton I think has surpassed copp lately.

dcypher

Feb 7, 2013
Dubois was so impressive tonight that it's going to make people forget about COVID-19 rules and go straight to Jets Gear tomorrow and sell out his jersey.

We hungry!

Reactions: The Big M

jetsv2

Jan 13, 2013
I mean, if that had happened to one of our players, people here would be wanting blood too. Just look at the Tkachuk/Scheifele thing in the playoffs, even though it clearly wasn't intentional.
Hoglander hit him in the head and got roughed up a bit for it. Comparing it to the Tkachuk incident it pretty stupid. If he is going to give out headshots he needs to be able to take a bit of payback.

None

Feb 22, 2012

There was definitely some eye-for-an-eye talk re: Tkachuk, but I never saw the type of vitriol that Canucks fans were saying about Forbort. It was literal death threats.
I don't even get why nobody was expecting Hoglander to have to answer for putting his shoulder into Forbort's cheek. Age and size don't give you immunity from taking responsibility for that shit.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
That OT goal by PLD was true power forward move, first protects the puck using his body and strength.....then just puts his shoulder down and powers to the net past the defender and roofs it.

For a big man, PLD has great hands in close around the net. He's going to score a lot of beauties for the Jets. This is something we didn't have with Laine.

ElLoboBlanco

Jan 20, 2021
You are right..I was just enjoying a night of creativity...lord knows Maurice struggles with that.

?

I believe the fans idea of creative deployment is a long ways away from NHL deployment.

That being said, PoMo is pretty revolutionary on this front lately. 3F 0D is pretty outside the box.

PoMo is open for criticism on a number of fronts but this kind of stuff is a little funny. The dinosaur is busting decade long coaching norms....

rehf

Fueled by Maurice
Feb 15, 2013
Winnipeg
There was definitely some eye-for-an-eye talk re: Tkachuk, but I never saw the type of vitriol that Canucks fans were saying about Forbort. It was literal death threats.
I don't even get why nobody was expecting Hoglander to have to answer for putting his shoulder into Forbort's cheek. Age and size don't give you immunity from taking responsibility for that shit.

If there were death threats, that is crazy. I admit I didn't really look too much into that, I just assumed the usual bias with the fanbase. But in hindsight, they did riot that one year so I guess it doesn't surprise me, haha.

Reactions: The Big M

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad