Post-Game Talk: PLD returns, hero (Jets 4 Canucks 3 OT)

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
I can give one Dostoevsky guy for the first period. And another for the weird Nuck first goal.

The Jets gambled on a slow, slow start, but Dubois had himself a beauty of a match.

AR-AI064_GAMBLE_GR_20141210132349.jpg

AR-AI064_GAMBLE_GR_20141210132349.jpg

rehf

Fueled by Maurice
Feb 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Yet having watched the game I would not say it was anywhere near that lopsided. At least after the first 25 minutes.

Stats don't lie :sarcasm:. Lots of variables could cause that perception. For what it's worth, I didn't think it was that lopsided either.

None

Feb 22, 2012
Also though like for f***sakes everyone knows the puck is going to Pettersson just sit on him and let the Canucks score some place else

It's not like Miller and Boeser are slouches either but I'd rather play the odds on those two than Pettersson. Pettersson feels like much more of a threat to beat a goalie clean.

Reactions: kellhunter

None

Feb 22, 2012
Another positive note: Wheeler led the team in CF% for all situations. Wheeler was really good tonight, no doubt he was playing through something earlier. Nice to see him dominant this game.

I'll be honest and say he scared me prior to this past week's games. Glad to see him looking like he's back to normal.

Edit: I still maintain that he needed to be sheltered more than he was while he was working through whatever it was though.

Reactions: RCAFguy

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Especially considering how desperate the Canucks were.

That's the one thing that people don't consider when you play a team lower in the standings especially with some talent.

They had a game plan and came out hard and executed well for the first period of the game. I thought we got back into the game the back half of it and picked up a scrappy win.

Reactions: ps241 and Jet

dcypher

Feb 7, 2013
Wheeler to Doobie before the game: "We have been known to make our fans clench."

Doobie to Wheeler: "Well, uh, I'll make the fans unclench."

Reactions: John Agar

rehf

Fueled by Maurice
Feb 15, 2013
Winnipeg
I'll be honest and say he scared me prior to this past week's games. Glad to see him looking like he's back to normal.

I think most of us expected Wheeler to regress more, but for how bad he was before - something had to be going on.

Reactions: Jets 31

FeatherHead

Oct 5, 2017
Pregame talk made it sound like PLD on the wing wasn’t something they were looking to long term. Maybe they should. During the playoffs, having Scheifle, Dubois, and Stastny down the middle sounds great, but, there’s no harm in loading up the top two lines on the way there. Especially in this ridiculous division. Besides, Copp and Lowry make for 2/3 of an awesome 3rd line-energy line.

Great game. You get anything close to that kinda production out of that kid on even a semi routine basis and you’ll have won that trade.

By the way, Pionk and Heinola, plus the cap savings...for Trouba...is also looking amazing. Not sure where all the Chevy hate comes from.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
They had a game plan and came out hard and executed well for the first period of the game. I thought we got back into the game the back half of it and picked up a scrappy win.

I agree they trapped liked hell and neutralized our break outs in the middle and really countered us. To be honest I didn't think they had great chances other then one or 2 though or maybe Helly makes things look more routine then it actually is

Need 1 or 2 upgrades on the D corp and we could make some noise in the playoffs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad