Post-Game Talk: PLD returns, hero (Jets 4 Canucks 3 OT)

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Dubois is just getting started. Power game from him we sorely lack

Wheeler is starting to come into form

Now we just need to get the D into shape and we will be ok

Also though like for f***sakes everyone knows the puck is going to Pettersson just sit on him and let the Canucks score some place else

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
My Goodness...

I hated the first but I had this gut feeling they were going to climb back.

Dubois is the answer for Wheeler and Schief's defensive zone crap..

He really brings balance to that line.

Two strong games of team defence...shots against were high but I liked how the Jets were able to get sticks in lanes against a strong Canucks offense.

Pionk is a beast.

Wheeler with his best game in ages.

This was a different kind of win. It was clutch.

Even Sawyer describing the "Jets airtight defence', when JT Miller turned Poolman into a pylon in the second period became bearable.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Well that game didn't come easy for the team tonight. The group as a whole was pretty sloppy with its execution especially in moving the puck out of our end.

Helle was strong tonight but he is causing some issues for his dmen with some of those rebounds he is spraying out.

Poolman was a bit of a mess tonight and was not taking his time with his breakouts at times. Morrissey I felt continued to rebound with a strong effort outside of a couple of hiccups like that puck over the glass late. Team still got the win so it didn't kill us tonight.

Pionk scored a big goal for us but thought he had a bit of an off night in his own end. Forbert was very meh and was in the box too much tonight.

Beau and DeMelo were ok.

The top line was a bit too fancy early but seemed to settle in the back half of the game. Dubois did a lot of good things tonight and really showed what he can do with his size and strength but I think he needs to go back to center though.

Second line was off tonight. Ehlers didn't manage the puck well and Conner was struggling to make good decisions with it. Stastny drove me nuts with his poor play infront of the net on the PP. There were a couple of times were he messed up what should have been grade A chances.

Third line was solid but just didn't have any finish tonight.

Fourth line was a whole lot of meh. It is just far too slow of a line for the speed of the NHL. It accomplished nothing out there for us.

dcypher

Feb 7, 2013
NRjhsjO.png

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
T3imz7c.png

ETJh9LP.png

Jets never really had a stronghold on this game. Lucky to win it, dominant performance from PLD.

Pionk pretty weak game (besides the nice goal), 10 CF 22 CA. Our worst D in that respect tonight.

Basically, we were lucky to win this one but I'll take it.
Yet having watched the game I would not say it was anywhere near that lopsided. At least after the first 25 minutes.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
My Goodness...

I hated the first but I had this gut feeling they were going to climb back.

Dubois is the answer for Wheeler and Schief's defensive zone crap..

He really brings balance to that line.

Two strong games of team defence...shots against were high but I liked how the Jets were able to get sticks in lanes against a strong Canucks offense.

Pionk is a beast.

Wheeler with his best game in ages.

This was a different kind of win. It was clutch.

Even Sawyer saying the "Jets airtight defence', when JT Miller turned Poolman into a pylon in the second period became bearable.

DSW was good tonight but no way should Dubois stay a winger for much longer - the entire reason to trade Laine was to get a centre.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
For those bitching that Pettersson got the puck, they had 6 skaters on the ice to our 4.

Good game by Helle, 1st line and Lowry's line...Copper should have had 2 goals this game.

Sit Forbort for Christ's sake!

Reactions: VictoriaJetsFan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad