Post-Game Talk: PLD returns, hero (Jets 4 Canucks 3 OT)

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Ottawa has beaten Toronto and Montreal as well, we will destroy both with Dubois in the lineup . :naughty:

I think we're a better team than Montreal, especially with PLD in the lineup, but I'd say pretty even match with Toronto, but PLD likes to play against TO, and killed them in the playoffs last year.

It's going to be a fun season watching these teams play each other, as their quite evenly matched, and Edmonton is very good as well.

I think it's going to be a very tight race for the top 2 spots.

Reactions: Jets 31

Larabee

Mar 10, 2011
Winnipeg

I'd really like to see Samberg in the lineup. Considering that Connor and Ehlers broke into the lineup at a young age, there is no reason why Samberg can't, as he's physically mature, and from what I hear -- he's a very good player. Why not work him in now ?? We need him.
I like the idea of the extra defence man in a game. That way you can give someone like Samberg some low risk shifts to see what he can do. Hard to say what’s better for him. Low NHL minutes or a leadership role on the Moose.

Reactions: libertarian and GNP

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I like the idea of the extra defence man in a game. That way you can give someone like Samberg some low risk shifts to see what he can do. Hard to say what’s better for him. Low NHL minutes or a leadership role on the Moose.
There are no more young guys who can come out so it’s not going to happen. Unless they pull Appleton.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
No no not Apples. It’s a conundrum. I’d like to see Ves back in the lineup. He seemed close to breaking out.
You know they aren’t pulling Thompson. So if you want another D that’s one less forward and since it’s a seniority based system.
It’s also hyperbole about Apples I mean he’s on the pk and PoMo also loves his special teams players.

Forget about Ves. No vet forward is coming out for him without injuries.

Reactions: GNP

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I've watched a bunch of his games from college, world Juniors, and now his first 5 AHL games. So I'm projecting, and could be wrong, but he's really impressed me as being a D with all the tools and hockey sense to make an impact.
I really like your Pesce comparisons. Do you think that’s his ceiling? Or is that what he likely becomes?

Reactions: GNP

wpgallday1960

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2010
Sunny St. James

I'd really like to see Samberg in the lineup. Considering that Connor and Ehlers broke into the lineup at a young age, there is no reason why Samberg can't, as he's physically mature, and from what I hear -- he's a very good player. Why not work him in now ?? We need him.
I’m not entirely sure that Samberg &Heinola are ready for full time NHL shifts yet, However, I think Forbort and Beaulieu are place holders until they are ready and hopefully this season.

Reactions: GNP and libertarian

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I got zero issue with that. After all we know it is only a matter of time before players on both the D and forward position will get hurt. Ves will get his chance to shine. Most young prospects break into the NHL replacing a playing vet because of injuries.
I don’t like Thompson in over Harkins but I agree. Would love ves to go light up moose then come up after the next 2 injuries and crush his opportunity. I mean when was the last time a team stayed healthy all season.

Reactions: libertarian

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Thanks. I've been watching the highlights so that clip wasn't news...but in looking at it again, what jumps out is that the Jets look like a big team again. It's not just size, but style and attitude--so much fun to see Wheeler and PLD easily out-muscling their opponents, leaving Quinn Hughes to beat up on the only moving object smaller than him--his own stick.

I liked the physical play by them but I'd hold off on the praise until they do that against bigger opponents. Petterson, Hughes and Boeser are pretty buttery soft players, they are not exactly Reeves, Lucic and Weber. :laugh:

Reactions: Adam da bomb

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
I don’t like Thompson in over Harkins but I agree. Would love ves to go light up moose then come up after the next 2 injuries and crush his opportunity. I mean when was the last time a team stayed healthy all season.

Exactly. With injuries it is a matter of "when" they occur not "if" they occur during a NHL season. The only thing you can hope for is they don't all happen at the same time and drain your depth.

Reactions: Adam da bomb

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Exactly. With injuries it is a matter of "when" they occur not "if" they occur during a NHL season. The only thing you can hope for is they don't all happen at the same time and drain your depth.
Or they don’t happen to your only top 6 centre like in the past but even if it was schief we still have pld and stas for a few games. Only injury that would destroy our depth at this point is helly. But if it were Pionk and Morissey we’ll test out Heinola.
It seems like the longest Perrault has been healthy for.

Reactions: libertarian

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Or they don’t happen to your only top 6 centre like in the past but even if it was schief we still have pld and stas for a few games. Only injury that would destroy our depth at this point is helly. But if it were Pionk and Morissey we’ll test out Heinola.
It seems like the longest Perrault has been healthy for.

Perreault for sure just twisted his ankle on his dog's squeaky toy.

Reactions: Oilpeg

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Agree to disagree. We have MUCH bigger holes in our defense than we do our offense, and I don't see how we fill those holes by trading away one of our top 3 prospects.
Yeah our defensive depth system wide is pretty thin - especially top end so moving any of them would be folly. Our skilled forward group is still pretty young so I wouldn't be moving defense to get forwards.

Reactions: Romang67

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
I would put our top 6 against any teams top 6 right now, Scheifele, Dubois, Connor, Ehlers, a heathy Wheeler and Stastny . Bring it on damnit .:naughty:
Not if we’re playing PLD on the top line wing...
We need a 1-2 punch of Scheifele and PLD down the middle to maximize their effect.

Reactions: Jetfaninflorida

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Maybe they should be looking at their GM. Montreal was overrated this season, and this is not the first time they get hot early only to collapse around the halfway point.
Lol... Bergevin is easily the worst GM in the league. After all this time, 2012-present, the deepest the Habs have gotten under him is the conference finals in his 2nd year

6CB44E44-ED83-4C53-B32C-8D5C0083A07C.jpeg

If it wasn’t for the Habs language requirement and the fact Molson is likely the only person alive who knows less about GMing a hockey team than Bergevin, he’d have been fired years ago

Last edited:
Reactions: Jets 31

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Leafs coaching staff better be careful, they are 2/3 of the way there already
Does this mean if Ottawa wins the Stanley Cup 30 coaches with be fired.:D
99% of the time when a coach get fired the team win their first game ... hopefully the Jets change those odds.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad