Pre-Game Talk: PLAYOFFS! at vegas tuesday thursday

Been around

Jul 16, 2022
Manitoba...in the summer ..who the hell would not want this...
Main beach at sunset and my sisters place during the day...

Attachments

• 20190711_213811.jpg
    20190711_213811.jpg
    219.5 KB · Views: 1
  • 20210702_153837.jpg
    20210702_153837.jpg
    279.3 KB · Views: 1

Ggg99

Sep 17, 2018
After a roller coaster season the dust has settled and the Jets find themselves staring at a huge opportunity. The timing is perfect, the opponent is perfect, Jets win in 7.

Top 10 reasons why the Jets win this series...
1. Helly vs Brossoirt or Quick or any of the other plugs they have -huge mismatch
2. The return of great Scheif - best player on the ice
3. KFC remembers how to score - has to happen
4. Norrisy - better than any of theirs. Best D-man on the ice.
5. Stone's back. But can his back take heavy playoff games? Big unknown.
6. Eichel has never played a playoff game. And he's not built for it.
7. Karma. We owe them for 2018 (just peruse the F*** Vegas thread for details)
8. PLD+Lowry+Neiderider -Big men in beast mode win playoffs, we have 3 beauties
9. Fly is flying again - huge difference maker on PP1
10. Bones - an experienced steady hand who wins in the playoffs

Top-Ten.jpg

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
That group of 12 forwards is kind of embarrassing. We’d have zero depth without the deadline guys.

I hope AJF draws in through even if one of the wingers is able to play.
Embarrassing is a bit harsh, i would have Barron up in Wheeler's spot but i don't mind that group of 12 , especially since Bowness moved Scheifele to the wing on the top line.

WATTAGE4451

Jan 4, 2018
What? Why?

Where is Logan Thompson?

EDIT - It looks like Bro won the starting job. Good for him. He's unbeaten in his (limited) starts.
Thompsons injured. He only played one game since feb 9th- on March 23rd where he reinjured himself. He's skating but who knows when he's available to play or if they'd even throw a rookie into the playoffs like that after months of not playing.

Hill was outdoor a long time too but did get in a conditioning stint game with their minor league affiliate at the end of the season, though quick is probably still backing up over him.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
I know the Jets played better the last couple weeks, but 2 weeks doesn't erase 2 months of futility IMO. Any given Sunday and all that, but I am surprised at how many people seem to be favouring the Jets over the #1 team in the west. Reminds me of the talk before the Ducks series. And we all know how that turned out.

Pretty much where I'm at. Could we upset the Knights and in the series? Sure. Do I have any sort of confidence that will happen? Not really. I'm mostly hoping we at least push it to 6 or 7 games. Sadly, I think a 4 game sweep by Vegas is probably more likely than us winning the series.

Last edited:
Reactions: jungles

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
What would your plan be to sneak Jets gear into their building? Vegas is famous for confiscating opponents gear at the gate. You’d have to wear multiple layers and then start whipping the shirts off like that paid fan hype guy that visits arenas.

I'd just wear the Knights gear and then openly and baldly cheer for the Jets at every opportunity. In the immortal words of George Carlin, let them figure it out.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Preetty much where I'm at. Could we upset the Knights and in the series? Sure. Do I have any sort of confidence that will happen? Not really. I'm mostly hoping we at least push it to 6 or 7 games. Sadly, I think a 4 game sweep by Vegas is probably more likely than us winning the series.

Here's the thing: that series against the Ducks, we had goaltending as bad as Las Vegas has right now :P so I'm not going to write off a team who A. is playing better (last 15 game rolling average xG%) than they've played all year, and B. has a massive edge in the most important position on the ice.

Moneypuck has us as a mere 52-48 dog, and yes, this is much closer than the betting lines that have us all at about a 2-1 dog.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Here's the thing: that series against the Ducks, we had goaltending as bad as Las Vegas has right now :P so I'm not going to write off a team who A. is playing better (last 15 game rolling average xG%) than they've played all year, and B. has a massive edge in the most important position on the ice.

Moneypuck has us as a mere 52-48 dog, and yes, this is much closer than the betting lines that have us all at about a 2-1 dog.

K, you be you. :laugh:

Obviously though, I'm hoping our Jets pull it off and trounce the hated Vegas team. :thumbu:

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
Re: F*** Vegas not allowing Jets gear in the stadium

Have the Jets logo painted on your chest. Take your shirt off once inside.

They can't confiscate your skin!
They can't confiscate your skin, agreed, but they can order you to cover it up.

Last edited:
Reactions: GNP

Aphid

Oct 19, 2014
I know the Jets played better the last couple weeks, but 2 weeks doesn't erase 2 months of futility IMO. Any given Sunday and all that, but I am surprised at how many people seem to be favouring the Jets over the #1 team in the west. Reminds me of the talk before the Ducks series. And we all know how that turned out.

With that line of reasoning, why does them playing poorly mid to late February up to the past six games erase what they did to start the season?

This team doesn't lack talent. They pretty much have it all. As has been said a ton prior, it severely lacks consistency. If they play like they can, they should win.

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
Hmm i know Ehlers said he was in. But the fact Bones changed the lines in practice instead of using a place holder in Ehlers spot (including Wheeler back to PP1) has me very concerned... gamesmanship maybe, seems pretty extreme
To not even have him skate with the team for gamesmanship

Reactions: hn777

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I was out at the lake last week, so I listened to a lot of satellite radio, specifically the NHL network. I was pleasantly surprised at how much love the were giving the Jets. Much different vibe than around here. Most of the talking heads had the Jets as a very tough out with a dark horse chance to make an extended run. The focus was their strong play and winning must win games over the last 2 weeks.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
I was out at the lake last week, so I listened to a lot of satellite radio, specifically the NHL network. I was pleasantly surprised at how much love the were giving the Jets. Much different vibe than around here. Most of the talking heads had the Jets as a very tough out with a dark horse chance to make an extended run. The focus was their strong play and winning must win games over the last 2 weeks.
I think most of the hockey analysts are giving the Jets a good shot in this round - most have commented on their recent play and how that would need to continue. I'd agree.
Helle comes up in most discussions and is one area that most give the Jets the huge advantage.
Our top six are considered a major plus and our D game is almost always mentioned as a big plus over where we have been in the past.
The unknown in almost all discussions I listened to, is compete and consistency - those are the areas we hope the last few weeks have addressed.
I'm optimistic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad