GDT: Playoffs 2019 (We weren't invited)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
I think the Sharks defense will struggle mightily with the powerful MacKinnon line. I am curious to see if the depth players in Colorado’s lineup will be able to pour it on after their big line. I thought Martin Jones on the whole was terrible this series, grubauer has certainly looked sharper.

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
Flaury has such terrible technique. It's always been that way. His video should be shown in goaltending schools as an example of what not to do.

Reactions: Paul4587

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Sharks handed the game by the refs, what an absolutely ridiculous call to make, didn't even look close to being a major penalty. Oh well, once Jones starts shitting the bed next series they'll be bounced anyway.

Also Andersen continues to be the last goaltender I'd want in a high pressure game, completely wilted in Game 7.

Reactions: Paul4587

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Went to bed early instead of watching the Vegas/SJ game (trying to stop this cold before it really gets me), but that major penalty on Eakins is kinda bullshit.

Reactions: kducks

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
If I’m not mistaken, wouldn’t we opt to take the Blues pick then? Most likely putting us at 28 at the lowest?

Could be wrong.

You are wrong at 20. Conference finals teams get 28-31 with the SCF teams 30 & 31. Division winners get 24-27. 3 of 4 are out. If any team seated higher or the Blues get to the WCF, the Blues are no longer at 20 and we don’t get it.

Since Dallas and St Louis meet in the second round, St Louis will go to 19 or 28+. That is why the Blues pick was gone when Dallas won.

But we might get to keep the Blues pick if the Blues and Sharks meet in the WCF. We will end up with get 28 or 29. If the Blues lose to Dallas, we get 28-31. I think 30 or 31. There will be a lot of moaning on June 21 as we watch picks 23, 24, 25, etc.

John

Edit added: Too early. I thought I read 20. If you’re happy with 28 then yeah let’s hope for 28.

Last edited:
Reactions: RakAttack

Dryish

Nonplussed
Dec 14, 2015
Hki Metro
**** Vegas. Close to a perfect first round for me. Just need Carolina and that's it.
Out of curiosity, what brings you to hate Vegas with this much passion?

I was fully on board last season, because f*** expansion teams having cinderella runs at the expense of literally every other franchise in the league, but this year I feel like it's more acceptable for them to do well. Especially when a lot of that is genuinely brave roster management and asset hunting by their GM.

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
To continue... if Colorado beats San Jose, we are back at 23/24. At this point, I’m rooting for the Avs.

John

Edit... and the Kings will get 20 or better depending on how things play out.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Out of curiosity, what brings you to hate Vegas with this much passion?

I was fully on board last season, because **** expansion teams having cinderella runs at the expense of literally every other franchise in the league, but this year I feel like it's more acceptable for them to do well. Especially when a lot of that is genuinely brave roster management and asset hunting by their GM.
The franchise was gifted a ton of leverage and credit to their GM for not screwing that up, but it won't be acceptable for them to do well until they've done poorly.

Reactions: Dryish

Dryish

Nonplussed
Dec 14, 2015
Hki Metro
The franchise was gifted a ton of leverage and credit to their GM for not screwing that up, but it won't be acceptable for them to do well until they've done poorly.
Acceptable. Although I have an unpleasant feeling that you'll be waiting for the suck to set in for quite a while with how the league handled this.

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
Yes, it was a horrible call. Made by refs who saw Pavelski bleeding all over the ice and assumed something that didn't happen. But Vegas has the majority of the responsibility. Eakin/Stasny, what are you idiots doing? Sharks are dead, game is over, you guys are moving to the next round. And you double cross check a guy off a face-off. Why, exactly? Supremely stupid, even if it is just a 2 minute minor. Gallant, how about a time out after the first goal? Fleury, why did you suddenly lose your mind? Vegas can complain all they want about the call, but they are complicit.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
After watching it again and again. Theo might be a good one in the o-zone but I don't want that kind of defenders when it comes to the playoffs.

Agreed, he is probably always going to be bad/soft on his own side of the ice, and they have committed 6 more years at $5.2 mil. Yikes.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Ignoring that Fowler is still better defensively and a better transition player...

And Theo is absolutely the softer player. He actively avoids contact. Fowler will take a hit to make a play even if he won't throw his weight around. Theo wants nothing to do with anyone touching him. He's a better PPQB, but make no mistake he wouldn't put up the same numbers if he was still in Anaheim. I didn't like that extension from Vegas and I still don't unless he improves his defensive play.

Reactions: McDonald19

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
The difference both negative and positive overall is minuscule, I have Fowler face reaction every time the Ducks score embedded into my head his (no way unbelievable) face.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Theo is on a very one-dimensional career path right now, Andy Delmore or Norm MacIver or similar. Actually sort of a poor man's Norm MacIver.

Andy Delmore, wow that's a name I haven't heard in a long time.

But yes, getting beat in back to back OT games to lose a series is not good. You can still definitely think Murray took the wrong approach with it, in a number of ways, but you can definitely see why they were content parting with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad