GDT: Playoffs 2019 (We weren't invited)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
And that's probably ball game. Only fitting that it's an absolute got-to-have level 1 softie from Martin Jones.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
This probably isn’t a popular opinion, but that’s not a penalty.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
It's a 2 minute minor for crosschecking IMO. Certainly should not have been a 5 and a game.
Things like that happen every shift. The refs clearly didn’t see what happened. You can’t make a call like that based on what happened to the player. If it’s 5 and a game you better be damn sure you know what happened.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Sharks fans are obnoxious (they used to have a fan here called Jesus Toews who was completely obsessed with the Ducks) and I’ve always thought the Sharks get calls/non-calls at the best times in the playoffs. Combine that with wanting to see Theo and Wild Bill excel in the league, this is an easy one for me. Go Vegas!
Pumping my own tires a bit

Reactions: SirQuacksAlot

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
Things like that happen every shift. The refs clearly didn’t see what happened. You can’t make a call like that based on what happened to the player. If it’s 5 and a game you better be damn sure you know what happened.

Agree with this. If anything Stastny got him on the follow through with the body check more than Eakin did (even though I thought he got the arms extended).

And my goodness, how that swung the momentum.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Agree with this. If anything Stastny got him on the follow through with the body check more than Eakin did.

And my goodness, how that swung the momentum.
Just bad luck. Pavelski slammed his head on the ice from a very minor push, which MAYBE you could justify a 2 minute minor.

They clearly didn’t see what happened, because if they did it wouldn’t have been called the way it was. As it stands, they may have gifted the Sharks a series win.

Reactions: Deuce22
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad