GDT: Playoffs 2019 (We weren't invited)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I was hoping for Stars to win. If only for Cogs! But I hate Nashville more than Dallas

Next years Winter Classic should be fun, although not the most likeable teams from our POV :laugh:
I hope they will get the stadium full

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Pretty nuts that Calgary, Winnipeg, Nashville, Tampa Bay, Pittsburgh, maybe Washington and 2 of San Jose/Vegas/Boston/Toronto will be gone in the first round

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Meh, we had our beef with Nashville but the Stars are even worse historically, **** them!

ducks and stars had some heated matchups in the late 90s-early 2000s but not so much after that. aside from the 2014 1st round there's really been no bad blood between the teams

to me they're pretty easy to root for now that that POS roussel is gone and because they have cogs. pretty thrilled they beat nashville

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
You hit exactly my point, I still remember those matchups back then... and now I feel old, ouch!

P.S.: Yeah, Roussel used to be another BIG reason, f***ing dirtbag.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
speaking of those ducks-stars battles from the late 90s, here's a few videos that show the bad blood between these two teams at the time

here's that scary hit from salei on modano which got him a 10 game suspension. i remember watching this game and thinking modano had to have suffered a broken neck. if someone laid out a hit like that today i'd guess they'd receive at least 50 games and probably legal action

and here's the game where craig ludwig elbowed selanne, sparking a few line brawls

DigiDuck

More covfefe please.
Jan 11, 2019
Burbank
speaking of those ducks-stars battles from the late 90s, here's a few videos that show the bad blood between these two teams at the time

here's that scary hit from salei on modano which got him a 10 game suspension. i remember watching this game and thinking modano had to have suffered a broken neck. if someone laid out a hit like that today i'd guess they'd receive at least 50 games and probably legal action

and here's the game where craig ludwig elbowed selanne, sparking a few line brawls

The old rivalry gave me one of my favorite fights to watch.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
I can't understand why every time you see security video on a news report, it look 50 years old. You can never identify anybody on them, yet high quality equipment is cheap and even built into something like a phone nowadays. What gives?

Reactions: Mr Rogers

DigiDuck

More covfefe please.
Jan 11, 2019
Burbank
I'm shocked by how bad the video quality was even a decade ago. Same year as 30 Rock and Mad Men and those seem to hold up on Netflix.
Seriously, all the videos of this fight are crap, but they scrapped again in 09 and all those videos are HD.

I remember getting my first HDTV late in 2008 and holy crap, I couldn't believe how I was watching hockey before then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad