Playoffs 2018 Discussion Thread

Who are you Rooting for to Win the Stanley Cup this year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Marchand and Bergeron are disgustingly good together.

I know people hate Marchand for a ton of reasons and I get them. But I generally like watching them play every time. They know where the other guy is at all times.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Marchand and Bergeron are disgustingly good together.

I know people hate Marchand for a ton of reasons and I get them. But I generally like watching them play every time. They know where the other guy is at all times.

marchands had a weird career trajectory. For like the first 6-7 years of his career he's a good 2-way winger that can play in the top 6 and provide some offense. Suddenly he turns into a top 5, top 3 winger in the game at like age 28 lol. Who coulda seen that coming? He went from 50 pts to 90 pts a season.

TheRatPoisoner

Feb 23, 2015
i dislike boston but i dislike Toronto even more

go bruins! But lose in the next round

On the one hand, I like Babcock so I wouldn't mind seeing him win. But on the other hand, can you imagine smugness of Leafs's fans if they win a cup? It'd just be too unbearable. So yeah, go Bs (gross).

Reactions: TheMule93

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Columbus might have just killed themselves again in a series. Caps look like they are going to roll them right out of the building. That is such a dumb penalty to take on a team that has a history of being fragile at this time of year. They came out and were undisciplined and let the Caps find their game.

TheMule93

May 26, 2015
Ontario
Doughty suspended 1 game. I thought it was really weird the commentators were saying it was a clean hit during the game.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Doughty suspended 1 game. I thought it was really weird the commentators were saying it was a clean hit during the game.

I thought with him being a star he would get away with it at first. But as you watched the replay a second and third time there was no way he was going to get away with that.

TheMule93

May 26, 2015
Ontario
kadri just launched himself at the head of a guy that was already on the ice. Jumped up into the hit too. Game misconduct.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
kadri just launched himself at the head of a guy that was already on the ice. Jumped up into the hit too. Game misconduct.

Honestly for me that is two playoff games. That he did it right after boarding him only minutes earlier was totally perplexing.

Kadri has always been a pretty dirty player. He completely lost his mind for a little bit there and should pay dearly.

So it was charging and boarding, game for each.

TheMule93

May 26, 2015
Ontario
Honestly for me that is two playoff games. That he did it right after boarding him only minutes earlier was totally perplexing.

Kadri has always been a pretty dirty player. He completely lost his mind for a little bit there and should pay dearly.

So it was charging and boarding, game for each.

hope Toronto brings in matt martin next game to make the series even more fun lol. And yeah thats not a good look for kadri, definitely worse than the Doughty hit.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
kadri should at minimum get 2 games. that was a clear intent to injure

It was completely absurd. Leafs fans are saying he was upset with Marner getting an elbow right before that. Problem is Kadri recklessly boarded Weingels literally minutes before that, he just got out of the box. He completely lost it.

For me that has to be two games even with a playoff metric. In season I would be thinking 5 at least.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad