Playoffs 2018 Discussion Thread

Who are you Rooting for to Win the Stanley Cup this year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I would love to see Winnipeg win it all

They're just the exact definition of a real hockey team

Fast, big, physical, skill, balanced

Really tough to deal with a big team with skill. It is one of the reasons we have been drafting the way we have. Columbus, Winnipeg, Anaheim, San Jose, they are really tough to play against. You still have to be fast but they are.

That is what Ken Holland means about the swing that way, eventually someone is going to build a big skilled fast team and that little one that has been owning the night is going to get bullied. It looks like Winnipeg might have done it, they are frightening with the way they bring the pain in hockey game right now. I think Nashville can hold up but that is going to be a brutal series. Awesome, but brutal physically I have a feeling.

Last edited:

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
this flyers-pens game 2 is the complete opposite of game 1

murray looks bad ,Elliot looks great

Philly completely dominates special teams

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Really tough to deal with a big team with skill. It is one of the reasons we have been drafting the way we have. Columbus, Winnipeg, Anaheim, San Jose, they are really tough to play against. You still have to be fast but they are.

That is what Ken Holland means about the swing that way, eventually someone is going to build a big skilled fast team and that little one that has been owing the night is going to get bullied. It looks like Winnipeg might have done it, they are frightening with the way they bring the pain in hockey game right now. I think Nashville can hold up but that is going to be a brutal series. Awesome, but brutal physically I have a feeling.

Hey if he can assemble a team exactly like that it would be amazing.

TheMule93

May 26, 2015
Ontario
i agree the jets are essentially the dream team you would make up in an EA NHL game

tons of skill, speed, size. Great mix of veterans and young guns.

Only thing they're missing is an elite #1D. While they dont have that they do have a lot of great defenseman regardless so it doesnt matter much.

TheMule93

May 26, 2015
Ontario
wow that was awesome. Jets fans singing "na na na na, na na na na, hey hey hey goodbye" then Laine blasts one home out of nowhere

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Holy crap. Kopitar played 38 minutes that game. Their top icetime defenseman only had 44.

He looked like he was on empty in some of the overtime. He had a couple of great chances but he wasn't quite as dominant as I am used to seeing. They spent a lot of energy to come up with nothing. It will be interesting to see what they do with Doughty back in and being back at home.

Credit to Vegas, LA might have a lot of problems on the back-end but they have kept them pinned in exposing those problems.

Last edited:

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
Tatar spent too long with us playing dump and chase hockey. Thats all he seems to do for VGK and generally the only one doing it.

Completely disagree. The Tatar- Eakin line applied just as much pressure, and had similar type chances, as all 4 Vegas forward lines. He actually used his body on a few plays which was almost comical but good to see. I think Tatar is playing very well.

It's thrilling what VGK are doing to the Kings. Eating them alive on the forecheck, winning 90% of the races, beautiful passing on the rush, all while playing as physical as LA. Without Quick both games could have been blowouts.

Again I could give a shit less what team wins. Thankfully in hockey it will be the best teams and that's what I enjoy watching.

TheMule93

May 26, 2015
Ontario
6 point night for Pastrnak.

20 pts combined in 2 games for the Pastrnak-Bergeron-Marchand line

incredible

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->