Playoffs 2018 Discussion Thread

Who are you Rooting for to Win the Stanley Cup this year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
Great first game, loved seeing the VGK crowd get so excited.

The Caps are going to have to get some more energy if they want to keep up with Vegas for an entire game. That team just flies. It's too bad we're so stuck on being a bad team that plays a bad two way game - at least if we were playing with the energy Vegas has we'd be fun to watch, even if we don't have the talent to make it work.

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
Another great game... It seems like Vegas has 7 skaters on the ice, the way they all move.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
vegas dominated most of the period but are down 0-3

also ive been pulling for ovi sooo hard all series. ALso, kuzentsov is an amazing player.

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
They got deflated after that second post, and seems like Washington got a little jump. Unfortunate.
Unless Vegas has a crazy comeback that post will haunt Neal's dreams for a long time. Vegas has gotten every bounce all playoffs. Washington is getting the bounces this series, and they're going to need to really pull it together if they're going to come back.

Reactions: Ezekial

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I feel a dirty James Neal event building. I get why he is frustrated, but he is a dangerous guy to have in a game when he is frustrated. Has been a very dangerous player in the past the Caps should be careful with him the rest of the way.

Last edited:

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Tatar is looking to change after like 25 seconds every shift. Dude really needs to take this off-season to clear his mind. I think he'll be good for at least 20 again next year.

raymond23

:o
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
I know Reaves was big for them in Game 1, but his presence has been a net negative for Vegas.

He does not fit their attitude or style at all.

That last sequence on the penalty kill was bush league by Gallant.

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
Woah Vegas imploded in the third. Miller pretending to be hurt, taking himself out of the play really deserves to get scored on for that Kempny goal. Then they skater around trying to hurt people for the rest of the game which is pretty shameful.

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
The game felt over when Neal missed that wide open net early. Then it got even worse.

That said, it's not like the Caps are known for being able to put a series away - Vegas can't pitch it in.

Still largely enjoyable to watch, and one of the most entertaining Finals I can remember in a few years.

Reactions: Red Stanley

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
Same! So much emotion tonight and so HAPPY for Ovi and the gang. Feels a lot like the Wings 97 cup. Ending an insane drought and cementing the legacy of an all time great.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I don't think there was a player more deserving of getting his Cup than Ovechkin. Easily the second best player behind Crosby since they came into the league, so it's fitting he was able to help them to a championship. I haven't seen a goal scorer as pure as Ovechkin since, hmm, Hull.

Of course that team has been good for many years now. Backstrom gets so much credit. Kuzentsov, wow. But damn, let's not sleep on Holtby. He's been simply exceptional since he came into the league and his playoff numbers are downright incredible. Over 80 games he allows only 2 goals a game and stops 93% of the shots that come his way. Can you ask for more from a goaltender?

And for years we knew Trotz teams were rough to play against. Even when the Preds had a talent deficit at forward, it felt like running in mud. Give the guy the forward names above and well, yeah. Results.

Red Stanley

Apr 25, 2015
USA
My prediction was completely backwards lol. Grats to Washington, though I would've been happy with either team winning. Great playoffs and great final. Wish it had gone 7.

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
Those yells from Ovi when Bettman gave him the Cup were just awesome. Would've been happy with basically any result, but it's too bad they couldn't have gone 7. What a fun series.

God I wish we had the talent that WAS has, or that we played the game like Vegas does.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
It isn't often you get the kind of genuine reaction from a player when they win the cup that we saw from Ovie.

What a season for him and the team. Well deserved. Also glad Vegas didn't get a cup win their first season. Would have felt off.

Reactions: Frk It

Hadoop

Aug 13, 2002
Mississauga
As others have alluded to a lot of teams that I'm either indifferent to or absolutely loathe have won the cup since our last one in '08. Really awesome to finally see a team I like and a player I'm rooting for win the cup, and the outpouring of jubilation and relief from the Capitals and their fans after so many years of playoff disappointments was really awesome to see. What a great way to wrap up the year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad