Playoff Watch WC2: COL & MIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Dubnyk not starting could motivate the Wild to actually show up for this game despite Edmonton's bottom-feeder status. Though betting against the Wild not-showing up in a game they should win comfortable is never a safe decision.

Isn't Nurse out as well with a suspension? I wasn't planning on the Oilers winning but I wouldn't mind Nurse laying out some big hits against those christmas trees.

Given how Nurse has looked every time I've seen him with the Oil this season, that's probably a good thing. Kid's obviously not ready and they keep sending him out there to have his confidence further shattered.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I want nothing more than to be the team that keeps Minnesota out of the playoffs. I don't even care if we get swept first round. Screw Minnesota.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Has Nurse been suspended? All I know is that he has a hearing. And I'm with cgf. Nurse not being on the ice right now is more then likely a good thing.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Could someone tell me what is the exact game Minnesota has (game in hand) on us, like when is the game and against which opponent?

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
Could someone tell me what is the exact game Minnesota has (game in hand) on us, like when is the game and against which opponent?

Are you asking when they'll be evened up in games played?

If so, March 15th. Avs play at Winn, Minn plays at Mont and Ott.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
There could be worse jerseys to get. It's not like I'm gonna find one in Denver though.

Get a team Canada jersey or something lol. Oilers jerseys are not so great.

And BTW TV, I don't know how much money you got in that savings account but you need to keep doing this every MIN game until it stops working :P You've found the holy grail!

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Minnesota's post-coaching change boost seems to have gone away which is a great sign. It signifies personnel issues with motivation and work ethic on their team itself from what I've seen.

Jets couldn't hold off the Wings though unfortunately.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
As someone who actually likes the team I shouldn't be suggesting it since it's too mean, but I think you may like the idea:

Get a Sabres McDavid jersey.

Parks

Dec 19, 2015
Colorado
If they can get 2 out 3 while Landeskog is suspended I will be very happy. Then he comes back rested and we beat the Oilers. 3/4 on this western Canadian road trip would be huge!

22FUTON9

Jun 30, 2010
If they can get 2 out 3 while Landeskog is suspended I will be very happy. Then he comes back rested and we beat the Oilers. 3/4 on this western Canadian road trip would be huge!

honestly we absolutely should get atleast 4 points in the next 3 games.

LazRNN

Dec 17, 2003
The Avs are 2-0 and the Wild are 0-2 since I personally told Tyson Barrie "go Avs".:yo:

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Would be great if Carey Price made his return against the Wild on Friday.

Unfortunately I dont think he's that close to being ready.

It would be great if we could beat Winnipeg on Saturday night, and Minnesota loses at least 1/2 of the games against OTT and MTL.

That would mean that at 70 games each, We would be at 76 points, and Minny at 74. And with us having a stranglehold on the tiebreaker, Minny would actually need to gain 3 points on us to catch us.

Even better would be to see Minny go on a nice 4 or 5 game losing streak now, while we go on a nice 5 or 6 game Winning streak through the rest of these "easy" teams.

Put us at 80 Points on Sunday, March 20th(After the 4 game Western Canada swing), and the Wild still at 74 Points.

Wild really aren't playing great hockey right now and I could definitely see them struggling on the road through the East, but unfortunately the Avs dont like making things easy on themselves, so we'll probably lose 3/4 or something in Western Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad