Playoff tickets in your city?

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
Supply and demand. Toronto has enough rich people that will pay exorbitant prices to attend games. Florida doesn't have that problem which is why fans can get the same quality product for a fraction of what Toronto pays.
Supply and demand is such a misused statement. I went on my annual hockey trip and went to see the Bolts, Panthers and Hurricanes. Care to guess which ticket was the highest by double? Give you a hint, it wasn't the Bolts or the Panthers.

qwerty

Feb 4, 2007
Calgary
Supply and demand is such a misused statement. I went on my annual hockey trip and went to see the Bolts, Panthers and Hurricanes. Care to guess which ticket was the highest by double? Give you a hint, it wasn't the Bolts or the Panthers.
Well supply and demand definitely applies in the Toronto case which was the main point I was making. The supply of tickets doesn't meet the exceptional demand, so therefore the prices can be raised whereas in Florida's case, the demand for NHL hockey is low and the supply of tickets are high, so therefore the tickets are likely not to exceed the price of Toronto Maple Leaf tickets.

Wedontneedroads

Jul 14, 2008
San Jose
Sharks season ticket holders get their first round seats at regular season prices. Last row in the lower bowl on the blueline Sharks attack twice (102) are $115/seat. They go up 50% each round.

The Sharks also let season ticket holders buy extra strips for the entire playoffs at season ticket holder prices. I was able to buy 4 extra seats directly above my regular seats, 202 row 10. Those are $67/seat for round 1, and go up 50% each round as well.

I looked at the secondary market and my lower bowl seats were on sale to the public for about $150 before fees. Upper bowl were around $77 before fees directly from the Sharks.

Looked like plenty of inventory for the Sharks as well. I think people in San Jose just don't trust the Sharks anymore, and won't jump on the bandwagon until the 3rd round.

hockfan1991

Jun 29, 2010
Sharks season ticket holders get their first round seats at regular season prices. Last row in the lower bowl on the blueline Sharks attack twice (102) are $115/seat. They go up 50% each round.

The Sharks also let season ticket holders buy extra strips for the entire playoffs at season ticket holder prices. I was able to buy 4 extra seats directly above my regular seats, 202 row 10. Those are $67/seat for round 1, and go up 50% each round as well.

I looked at the secondary market and my lower bowl seats were on sale to the public for about $150 before fees. Upper bowl were around $77 before fees directly from the Sharks.

Looked like plenty of inventory for the Sharks as well. I think people in San Jose just don't trust the Sharks anymore, and won't jump on the bandwagon until the 3rd round.

Im going to the Tank tonight for the sharks game, $200 center ice club 9 rows from the ice cant beat it. Waitress service and club access

Reactions: BCShark

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Boston & Toronto have more demand than supply. Thus, the reason they charge crazy prices. Winnipeg & Calgary to a lesser extent (Though both have plenty of tickets remaining) too.

Chris18820

Nov 11, 2018
Just to give you an idea about how crazy ticket prices are in Toronto.
Round 1 game 3, from Ticketmaster (not resale)
Obstructed view nosebleeds, $260 USD per
There is a single on the glass, $1040 USD

AFAIK there is a waiting list of 12000 for season tickets. The renewal rate is over 99% right now, so expect to wait 50 years...

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
My company just gave me lower bowl tickets for the leafs to bring some VIP clients who know jack shit about hockey. 1999.99 USD value. The fan inside me says holy shit let’s go. The logical person inside me says sell them and bring them elsewhere . Don’t even care if I land the clients to be honest

I’m going

Chris18820

Nov 11, 2018
My company just gave me lower bowl tickets for the leafs to bring some VIP clients who know jack **** about hockey. 1999.99 USD value. The fan inside me says holy **** let’s go. The logical person inside me says sell them and bring them elsewhere . Don’t even care if I land the clients to be honest

I’m going
Bring me, Ill pay for all your food and drinks before and during the game.

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto

Definitely supply and demand in Toronto.

Lower the prices for playoff games and they could fill the arena 2-3 times over. Everyone would go.

Chris18820

Nov 11, 2018
Definitely supply and demand in Toronto.

Lower the prices for playoff games and they could fill the arena 2-3 times over. Everyone would go.
Funny Ottawa couldnt even sell out their barn game 6 of an ECF. I think the Leafs could hold a first round game in Ottawa and if priced like some of the prices being throw around in other markets, they could sell it out, maybe twice if its on a Saturday.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Yepp. Winnipeg overestimated their own market.
We're not a rich city by any means. I was offered tickets at $240 a piece for the upper deck, then $200. $400 for a hockey game is outside my means. I think the Jets will milk what they can get, their whiteout parties are good for at least $50 000 in revenue for the team, a game, plus whatever they sell in alcohol (more than $50 000 for sure). Jets ownership will make money on one round of the playoffs. Calgary and Toronto should make a killing too.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Just to give you an idea about how crazy ticket prices are in Toronto.
Round 1 game 3, from Ticketmaster (not resale)
Obstructed view nosebleeds, $260 USD per
There is a single on the glass, $1040 USD

AFAIK there is a waiting list of 12000 for season tickets. The renewal rate is over 99% right now, so expect to wait 50 years...

There’s currently 4 seat licences on sale for $375,000. That doesn’t even include the tickets, just the license to get season tickets to those 4 seats.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
While the prices aren't too high and never have been, the Coyotes have been attempting to sell tickets to our non-existent playoff games because otherwise we'll probably end up losing around $30 million on the season.

Come on Yotes fans, do your part!

:sarcasm:

MrLouniverse

frontline internet hero
Sep 19, 2012
(Las) Vegas
200 is the cheapest I’ve seen in Vegas for nose bleeds.
Vegas fans aren't allowed to sell (or transfer stupid e-tickets) for any playoff seats if they want a STH discount, otherwise it's 225% regular season prices (if they were locked in from the previous year) for the first round, and who knows where from there. It's about 150% regular season prices (again based on already having had a multi-year contract before the team had a name)for the first round if you agree to never sell or transfer games for the whole playoff run in advance.
upload_2019-4-12_2-19-31.png

Last edited:

MotionlessGravity

Apr 15, 2014
Winnipeg
Demand is definitely down this year in WPG compared to last year. Prices for season ticket holders is pretty reasonable IMO, still on the wait list for mine. If you are a season ticket holder round 1 will run you from $72-$240 per seat.

If you do not have season tickets your official avenues to buy tickets for the games are Ticketmaster or the Ticket Exchange (people who have tickets and want to resell). Through these methods you are looking at $160-$450 per seat for round 1.

Last year Ticketmaster sold out instantly when they went live at 10am. This year there were a few hundred tickets available on both TM and the SE all week.

Went to game 1, 10 minutes before puck drop there were some empty seats but by puck drop it was pretty hard to spot any empties. From what I hear True North gives tickets away last minute to friends, families, Moose players etc.

WingsFan95

Mar 22, 2008
Kanata
Vegas fans aren't allowed to sell (or transfer stupid e-tickets) for any playoff seats if they want a STH discount, otherwise it's 225% regular season prices (if they were locked in from the previous year) for the first round, and who knows where from there. It's about 150% regular season prices (again based on already having had a multi-year contract before the team had a name)for the first round if you agree to never sell or transfer games for the whole playoff run in advance.
View attachment 212971

That's the most asinine elitist crap I've ever seen. Very few people have the time and the money to commit to such a package. So you're basically making it for the rich. But it's Vegas so not surprising.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad