Playoff tickets in your city?

Honey Bear

Fan of Losing Teams
Feb 3, 2012
SF Bay Area/Boston
The cheapest tickets available in Boston are more than $100USD cheaper than the what is available in Toronto for the round 1 series.

Toronto actually sells tickets unlike Ottawa young padawan.

Boston's a more expensive city than Toronto. There's going to be a hell of a lot more that you're going to spend on than just tickets. $100 difference ain't getting you very far. And that's the difference in just nosebleeds, it's probably a lot closer in ticket prices the closer you go to the ice.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Avs pre-sale started yesterday for if they make it and nose bleeds attack twice which are usually $30-$40 were $56 so not bad. I didn't check on lower level prices.
I 100% mean absolutely no offense in saying this but Denver is well known (besides the Broncos) to have some very fair-weather fans. Lots of cities do. But hey if cheaper playoff tix get people to watch the Avs again that would be great! I miss the days when the Avs were a dominant team.

Reactions: ArWKo

ArWKo

Jul 2, 2009
CO
I 100% mean absolutely no offense in saying this but Denver is well known (besides the Broncos) to have some very fair-weather fans. Lots of cities do. But hey if cheaper playoff tix get people to watch the Avs again that would be great! I miss the days when the Avs were a dominant team.

Oh yeah, absolutely 100% correct. I don't think any Avs or Denver sports fan would disagree. It's a Broncos town even when they suck and everyone else is doing well. Everyone will show up once the playoffs start and especially if they make noise, but without the sustained success like when they first moved here and the decade after, it'll be all football again as soon as it's back and the Avs fall into the backdrop.

But yeah, I do get the benefit of some pretty cheap playoff tickets which I won't complain about!

Reactions: HerpaDerp

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
Boston's a more expensive city than Toronto. There's going to be a hell of a lot more that you're going to spend on than just tickets. $100 difference ain't getting you very far. And that's the difference in just nosebleeds, it's probably a lot closer in ticket prices the closer you go to the ice.

TIL people severely underestimate how crazy the ticket market in Toronto is.

The delta actually goes higher the better the seats.

The cheapest tickets you can buy off Ticketmaster in Boston right now lower bowl, center ice for $335 in Boston, on Stubhub (only place to get Leaf playoff tickets) they cheapest equivalent seats are $800 USD + the insane Stubhub fees.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011

The cheapest tickets you can buy off Ticketmaster in Boston right now lower bowl, center ice for $335 in Boston, on Stubhub (only place to get Leaf playoff tickets) they cheapest equivalent seats are $800 USD + the insane Stubhub fees.

Take that 400+ savings and try to get a flight/hotel in Boston on Marathon weekend.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009

Tickets haven't gone on sale in Toronto yet so those prices are strictly season seat holders marking them up. When they go on sale the prices should decrease a bit because there will be more in the hands of people looking to buy/sell.

La Masse

May 5, 2016
Gatineau,Quebec
Tickets haven't gone on sale in Toronto yet so those prices are strictly season seat holders marking them up. When they go on sale the prices should decrease a bit because there will be more in the hands of people looking to buy/sell.

I wonder how high the tickets will get if/when the Leafs get to the SCF. Absurd prices....

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
I wonder how high the tickets will get if/when the Leafs get to the SCF. Absurd prices....
For sure, but it would get to a point where the majority of people willing to pay inflated prices in Round 1 and 2 would bow out in ECF and SCF, which in theory would limit the price ceiling on resale sites. Some people can rationalize spending $250+ for an upper bowl seat in Round 1 but not $1,000+ in the Finals.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Leaf tickets start at around $250 American and go up as it gets further into the series. If they make it to round two, I'm guessing the nosebleeds will be selling for more than double that. Its ridiculous.

How can people afford these? Beer and other expenses as well. Insane. People are loaded in Tor9nto or what?

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
How can people afford these? Beer and other expenses as well. Insane. People are loaded in Tor9nto or what?
Well it's one of the biggest cities in North America and the economic hub of Canada, so yeah, there is definitely some money here. Factor in that it's a Leafs city and we haven't won shit in decades and actually have a good team now, and that just increases the demand.

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
Columbus Blue Jacket Fan.
2 seasons ago, I believe I paid about 200-230 a seat for mid ice, upper bowl, row 5 against the Penguins in Round 1 when we were down in the series 0-2, I believe.
Last year against the Capitals- I got in for free-Family is STH, dad let me use the seats
This season- I'm a Full STH. Round 1 tickets cost $115 dollars for club seats row 1. Stanley Cup Finals tickets cost- $230 a seat for club seats row 1.
For 16 playoff games, my playoff tickets cost about $2,300 a seat- So, my 2 seats are about 5,600 total.
Told my wife the 2 seats would cost us $5,600 for the 16 playoff games- She said "We are not doing that". We then got into a mini-argument. I won the argument and bought the tickets- Kept telling her- "Trust me on this. Let me get the tickets" She didn't realize that I could sell my tickets for about 2-3 times face value if I so desire.
Tickets are selling for 2x face value now, but I imagine that will go up when we clinch and the games get near.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
The biggest difference I notice in the playoffs is Canadian cities are very quiet.

Places like Carolina, Columbus, Nashville, St. Louis (as much as it pains me to say) Chicago, Detroit... That's where the rowdies are. Canadian teams tend to be super loud at pre-game and when goals are scored but during play its like a bunch of dudes in suits discussing business because being at the game was just the thing to do that night and they could afford it.

New Scotland

Feb 22, 2014
Halifax, NS
So the Flames had 3rd level nosebleeds that normally sell for $25-30 a game with food for STH were selling for as high as $280 during this mornings presale. You can't even see the jumbotron from these seats.

That about ends my desire to go to any games this playoffs. That is insanity.

How are playoff tickets looking like in your city?

This is terrible news. I just flew back to Alberta from Denver, was planning on flying to Calgary and catching Game 2 if Avs play Calgary. Only $200 more to fly back to Denver where the tickets are cheap... too bad their hotels are so pricey!

djpatm

Feb 2, 2010
Calgary
The biggest difference I notice in the playoffs is Canadian cities are very quiet.

Places like Carolina, Columbus, Nashville, St. Louis (as much as it pains me to say) Chicago, Detroit... That's where the rowdies are. Canadian teams tend to be super loud at pre-game and when goals are scored but during play its like a bunch of dudes in suits discussing business because being at the game was just the thing to do that night and they could afford it.

It's cause we care too much and are super focused on the play. We're loud when there are breaks but when the game is on shut the f*** up and don't talk to me k? We can talk after on the red mile while we get sloppy drunk and fight and f*** and smoke that legal weed and drink some more

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009

You have a pretty warped idea of Canadian cities then.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I have ST in Boston: This is per seat per game in the Loge.

round 1 $187
round 2 $281
round 3 $374
round 4 $468

So if each round went 4 games at home and I have 2 seats $10,480...yikes....

Last edited:

roflstomper

Barzal/Connor/Konecny
Sep 28, 2010
Rhode Island

No one is arguing the ticket prices in Toronto are higher. People are trying to give you the good advice that if you were to try and make the trip to Boston instead to save money, you wouldn't.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
No one is arguing the ticket prices in Toronto are higher. People are trying to give you the good advice that if you were to try and make the trip to Boston instead to save money, you wouldn't.
It's crazy that people keep arguing this. I went to Boston last year for Game 5 and spent way more than I did for Game 3, 4 or 6 in Toronto.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
It's crazy that people keep arguing this. I went to Boston last year for Game 5 and spent way more than I did for Game 3, 4 or 6 in Toronto.

But an away game in the playoffs is an experience like no other. Especially with a rival. I’m not planning on hitting up any games round 1, but for me if it’s 500 for a pair to stay in Boston (I’m a 30 minute drive from the building) or 750 for a pair in Toronto, I’ll spend the money on the roadie and make a short vacation out of it.

I also admit to having no idea what playoff tickets would reasonably cost now. I’ve been to one game in Toronto and think i paid 65 a piece to sit next to a concrete ledge that blocked half an attacking zone.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Theres plenty of money in this city. Keep in mind, it's like Canadas NYC. The GTA has about 6.5 million people with plenty of cities within an hour drive from the arena. Lots of money plus a large population. You cant even get season tickets here, theres a waiting list that I believe is a decade long wait right now with thousands of people on it. I know a few season ticket holders, they can sell their tickets at face value in 20 minutes if they ask around. I only go to one or two games a year. Those are very expensive days.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
But an away game in the playoffs is an experience like no other. Especially with a rival. I’m not planning on hitting up any games round 1, but for me if it’s 500 for a pair to stay in Boston (I’m a 30 minute drive from the building) or 750 for a pair in Toronto, I’ll spend the money on the roadie and make a short vacation out of it.

I also admit to having no idea what playoff tickets would reasonably cost now. I’ve been to one game in Toronto and think i paid 65 a piece to sit next to a concrete ledge that blocked half an attacking zone.
I agree as well. I went to Boston last year and Washington in 2017 (+ some 5 away regular season games this year). Was hoping for a different opponent this year partly to knock a new arena off my list so we'll see what happens.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth

Ah yes, the ole' obstructed view seating. That's always fun.

Reactions: TD Charlie

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Ah yes, the ole' obstructed view seating. That's always fun.

A freaking travesty in any modern barn. I saw the little asterisk next to my seat number and got nervous. I thought i might be ok. One seat to my right and you could see the net. So i did lots of leaning that night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad