Playoff tickets in your city?

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Canes tickets were 260$ each in the top row of the nosebleeds. They were 100$ before they won Monday

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
Was in Pitts for work so went to game 4...$60/per for 2 tickets in the upper bowl directly behind the net (3rd row).

Cheapest playoff tix I can remember purchasing. And seats weren't even bad.

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
There are plenty of venues around the league that are affordable for families. I think the Panthers had family specials on, 4 tickets, parking and food for $99 at one point.
But yes, the reason why the atmosphere is poor at Scotiabank is because its too corporate. Most families cant afford to spend $1000 (for nosebleeds) to go see the Leafs play Ottawa on a Tuesday night lol.

As far as Roma goes, the Stadio Olimpico holds 4x as many people as the average NHL arena.

The Leafs figure they can price tickets high and stop scalpers from making money.
The market dictates the pricing.

We are talking about the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE SEMI-FINAL in a soccer crazed city/country/continent that only cares about one sport. Not some random game 3 that only select markets care about. European sports are just different.

Compare our ticket prices to a random RBNY seating chart - my seats would be Purple 126 - $1,116 for that team...amazing. There is little to no demand there for RBNY seats, and they still overprice fans where they should be bringing in families to actually try and grow the fanbase. Families would rather stay home and watch Chelsea, Barca, Real Madrid, Liverpool, and City play in the morning than spend on MLS.

Flyers tickets just went up as well, the cheapest season ticket is going to be $41 a game lol. To watch that team lol.

I wish everyone the best in finding cheap playoff tickets, its a shame that the fans are the true losers of the 2010-price inflation.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Sorry to say my company gave me those so I’m not exactly helping and I took a bunch of people who didn’t care for the game
And that’s the reason why places like Scotia Bank, MSG, etc are simply not as CONSISTENTLY loud during games. Sure they’ll get loud when your team scores a goal - everywhere is. But during the game, you have clients with you and you’re duty bound to talk shop with them. And it must kill you because you are actually trying to watch the game - from every minute detail and you clients only comment of the game is “wow - that Chazra Guy is tall....I bet he played basketball too.”

Before I took a client to an event, I didn’t fully appreciate how much attention you spend to them when you’re out entertaining. You can’t simply watch the game together because a) he doesn’t give shit about the game probably and b) it’s the only face time you’ll have with them. You need to talk about the next widget in production, the trade conference that’s coming up that no one wants to go to (but pretends they do) or that time last fall where everyone got together and smiled and nodded while drinking scotch and eating over done canapés. A little of you dies each time your team does something and you can’t approproately cheer or focus.

Neutral Hockey Fan

Sep 24, 2010
We are talking about the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE SEMI-FINAL in a soccer crazed city/country/continent that only cares about one sport. Not some random game 3 that only select markets care about. European sports are just different.

Compare our ticket prices to a random RBNY seating chart - my seats would be Purple 126 - $1,116 for that team...amazing. There is little to no demand there for RBNY seats, and they still overprice fans where they should be bringing in families to actually try and grow the fanbase. Families would rather stay home and watch Chelsea, Barca, Real Madrid, Liverpool, and City play in the morning than spend on MLS.

Flyers tickets just went up as well, the cheapest season ticket is going to be $41 a game lol. To watch that team lol.

I wish everyone the best in finding cheap playoff tickets, its a shame that the fans are the true losers of the 2010-price inflation.
$41 per game??? SIGN ME UP!!! Take notes Maple Leafs.

If I wanted the worst seats in the house when I had a chance to purchase a licence to get my season tickets earlier this year, the cost PER SEAT started at minimum $90,000 (one time fee of $180,000 for two seats) plus the actual cost of the tickets themselves.

I’d give away a testicle to be able to get season tickets for only $41 per seat per game.

Some of you fans are crazy lucky

Last edited:
Reactions: usahockey22flyers

bigbadbruins1

Dec 12, 2008
Boston starts around 200 USD after fees and all that hogwash. Last playoff game I went to cost me a fair bit more, especially considering drinks at the Garden start around 12$. The new steal is you get a 24 oz tall boy of bud for 14$. Means for 28$ you can have FOUR BEERS!!!!

Neutral Hockey Fan

Sep 24, 2010
Boston starts around 200 USD after fees and all that hogwash. Last playoff game I went to cost me a fair bit more, especially considering drinks at the Garden start around 12$. The new steal is you get a 24 oz tall boy of bud for 14$. Means for 28$ you can have FOUR BEERS!!!!
$28 for 4 beers is a really good deal at a sporting event. Beats the $26 for a double mixed drink that I’m used to paying

usahockey22flyers

Nov 9, 2009
Philly
$41 per game??? SIGN ME UP!!! Take notes Maple Leafs.

If I wanted the worst seats in the house when I had a chance to purchase a licence to get my season tickets earlier this year, the cost PER SEAT started at minimum $90,000 (one time fee of $180,000 for two seats) plus the actual cost of the tickets themselves.

I’d give away a testicle to be able to get season tickets for only $41 per seat per game.

Some of you fans are crazy lucky

So you have to pay a PSL and then the price of the tickets? That's brutal.

Neutral Hockey Fan

Sep 24, 2010
So you have to pay a PSL and then the price of the tickets? That's brutal.
Ya. First before you can buy the tickets you need to buy a licence to the seat. Some seat licences are upwards of $500,000 per seat (although those seats very rarely become available due to the high renewal rate)

Here’s hoping I win the lottery one day

Many Toronto area residents simply buy season tickets to Ottawa or buffalo and make the trip to the games they want to see and sell off the games they don’t. Not a bad way to do it I guess

Reactions: usahockey22flyers

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Canes prices have been.... shockingly high.

I scalped $300 (about $370 in today's money) nosebleed tickets to the Finals in 2006. Expensive, but completely worth it.

The get in the door price for games right now on StubHub is $200 for basically the top row. And thats before fees and taxes. Its cheaper to get tickets to the games in DC right now than it is Raleigh.

I never thought I would see the day that happened.

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Tickets for game 6 in St. Louis have gone up significantly after last night's win. Cheapest tickets I saw was $128.

Good thing I got mine before game 5.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
And that’s the reason why places like Scotia Bank, MSG, etc are simply not as CONSISTENTLY loud during games. Sure they’ll get loud when your team scores a goal - everywhere is. But during the game, you have clients with you and you’re duty bound to talk shop with them. And it must kill you because you are actually trying to watch the game - from every minute detail and you clients only comment of the game is “wow - that Chazra Guy is tall....I bet he played basketball too.”

Before I took a client to an event, I didn’t fully appreciate how much attention you spend to them when you’re out entertaining. You can’t simply watch the game together because a) he doesn’t give **** about the game probably and b) it’s the only face time you’ll have with them. You need to talk about the next widget in production, the trade conference that’s coming up that no one wants to go to (but pretends they do) or that time last fall where everyone got together and smiled and nodded while drinking scotch and eating over done canapés. A little of you dies each time your team does something and you can’t approproately cheer or focus.

We were in the executive suite so the thing that bugged me the most was that during intermissions in the room they had more fun then at the actual game :laugh: and we always stayed behind even after the period started a minute or two. We were 6 rows up from the ice too. Closed the sale though, although that was already closed before the game even started essentially

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Ya. First before you can buy the tickets you need to buy a licence to the seat. Some seat licences are upwards of $500,000 per seat (although those seats very rarely become available due to the high renewal rate)

Many Toronto area residents simply buy season tickets to Ottawa or buffalo and make the trip to the games they want to see and sell off the games they don’t. Not a bad way to do it I guess
Interesting fact: the team that pioneered the idea of PSL's in hockey were the Devils when they first came to Jersey. When people realized they could just go to the window and easily get tickets the idea died a quick and horrible death.

Here are the cheapest prices for some hockey and other sports teams ST's:

Sabres- $1,260 ($28 per game)

Islanders- $1,000 ($25 per game)

Devils- $1,500 ($34 per game)

Sixers- $600 ($15 per game)

Mets- $1,500

Bills- $280

Red Bulls- $400 ($22 per game)

Tiger Cats- $260 CDN

usahockey22flyers

Nov 9, 2009
Philly
Interesting fact: the team that pioneered the idea of PSL's in hockey were the Devils when they first came to Jersey. When people realized they could just go to the window and easily get tickets the idea died a quick and horrible death.

Here are the cheapest prices for some hockey and other sports teams ST's:

Sabres- $1,260 ($28 per game)

Islanders- $1,000 ($25 per game)

Devils- $1,500 ($34 per game)

Sixers- $600 ($15 per game)

Mets- $1,500

Bills- $280

Red Bulls- $400 ($22 per game)

Tiger Cats- $260 CDN

What is the point of a PSL?

Chris18820

Nov 11, 2018

The thing with European and South American football is:

There are a lot more teams vs the NHL. In England alone there are 92 clubs. Outside of the very top clubs, (Manu, City, Chelsea, Barca, Real, Juve etc) the support is thinner than lets say, the Habs or Leafs.

Bell center and Scotiabank only hold an average of 20k people.

Look at a random division 1 team like Barnsley. 23000+ capacity, the whole city has a population of only 91000.

Camp Nou and Santiago Bernabeu average 90000 seats.

Since hockey is played during the week, its very influenced by corporate money in Toronto. All the boxes and a large number of the lower bowl season tickets are business write offs. European soccer is played mainly on Saturdays and Sundays.

There is likely much more disposable income in the GTA than in any place in Europe not named London and London has 4 top flight teams.

The economy in Spain and Italy has been very poor for many years. Large unemployment and little disposable income. South America is even worse.

Alamo Leafer

Help end animal cruelty
Sep 12, 2018
Gatineau, QC
Just a tip: If there is ever a sens/Leaf PO game again in Ottawa, dont forget to also check the can food rules, if you're wearing blue & white.

Those old enough will get my drift ;)

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
Canes prices have been.... shockingly high.

I scalped $300 (about $370 in today's money) nosebleed tickets to the Finals in 2006. Expensive, but completely worth it.

The get in the door price for games right now on StubHub is $200 for basically the top row. And thats before fees and taxes. Its cheaper to get tickets to the games in DC right now than it is Raleigh.

I never thought I would see the day that happened.
Those prices are doing the storm surge.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad